Disney Songs that bring a tear to your eye

Do You Want to Build a Snowman
Feed the Birds
A Man Has Dreams
The Age of Not Believing
When She Loved Me
Colors of the Wind (When I'm in a certain mood)
Share a Dream Come True
Baby Mine
Reflection
God Help the Outcasts
Someone's Waiting for You
For the First Time in Forever (Reprise)

Little Wonders (Meet the Robinsons) - this song was popular at a time of personal loss and it just kind of hit me and still does to this day
Let It Go
You'll Be In My Heart

I think that one of the sadder songs is "Im still here" from Treasure Planet. Gives me goosebumps everytime

That would be "Baby Mine" from Dumbo all the time. It just gets me every time I hear it and look at my baby boy.

Baby Mine
Someone Waiting For You
Definitely these two.

Also "Always There" from Lady in the Tramp 2. It's far from my favorite movie, in fact parts of it are quite terrible/cringeworthy...but this song still manages to hit me in the feels. As does Trisha Yearwood's "Blue Beyond" from the Fox and the Hound 2 which was another trash plot cheapquel that had an shocking amount of quality (mainly country) music on the soundtrack. (Blue Beyond, Friends for Life, and We Go Together were the best 3 IMHO)

Last edited:
Go the Distance - I listened to it a lot as I was training to run in the pediatric cancer relay last year. It definitely makes me teary. I've never even seen Hercules...

The chorus reprises at the end of Mermaid, Beauty and Aladdin get me every time, I'm a sucker for a happy ending and I grew up with those 3.

Proud of Your Boy as well, I just live that song.

Always choke up to:

I See the Light (Tangled) <---my favorite Disney song
You'll Be in My Heart (Tarzan) <---never affected me until I had my son, now it's like the floodgates open when I hear it
Let It Go (Frozen) <---hits my feels hard because of some family stuff I can relate it to
Let's Go Fly A Kite (the version from Saving Mr. Banks) <---just because I think that movie was beautifully done and the emotion in that scene, just ahhhh feels.
When You Wish Upon a Star <---because duh, quintessential Disney
Reflection (Mulan) <---because of my own personal struggles
Welcome Medley <---because it reminds me of that first day on a trip, walking into MK, and choking up at the sight of the castle (getting emotional now thinking about it!)

Last edited:
IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth. The big swell before the last part of the song...

For me, one of the songs that gets to me sometimes is feed the birds from Mary Poppins. Another song that will get me teary eyed is the song Do You Remember. (I think that is the name of the song). This is a song they use on the Disney Cruise Line during their farewell stage show and I believe they used to use it in a holiday themed fireworks years ago.

Last edited:
Do You Wanna Build a Snowman? Every time.

Another that gets me is "If I Can't Love Her" from the Broadway production of Beauty and the Beast. As does the finale from the Beauty and the Beast Broadway show (What I'm saying is Beauty and the Beast just makes me cry).

Another that gets me is "If I Can't Love Her" from the Broadway production of Beauty and the Beast. As does the finale from the Beauty and the Beast Broadway show (What I'm saying is Beauty and the Beast just makes me cry).

Oh that is a great song. I am a huge fan of Terrence Mann - the actor who played the Beast in the Original Broadway Cast - and I'm bummed I never got to see it.

I did think of another one - I can't get through a viewing of Illuminations without crying. Everyone else is enjoying the show and I'm there :sad1: :sad:

Oh that is a great song. I am a huge fan of Terrence Mann - the actor who played the Beast in the Original Broadway Cast - and I'm bummed I never got to see it.

Beauty and the Beast has been my favorite Disney movie for as long as I can remember. I remember her going to see the show without me and I was absolutely devastated! :sad:

Any Disney song can make me tear up in the parks, but 'Baby Mine' kills me every time. I just love 'Feed the Birds' but it didn't make me cry until I watched the documentary on the Sherman brothers and Richard Sherman told the story of how 'Feed the Birds' was Walt's favorite song and he played it for him every Friday - and after he passed.

Excuse me while I go curl up in a ball now...

Wishes! always gets me. Also, When You Wish Upon a Star and parts of the SpectroMagic soundtrack, among many others.

"Out There" from Hunchback always makes me think about how wonderfully lucky I am! Sometimes I sing along and when I get to-
"If I was in their skin, I'd treasure every instant." - my voice cracks and tears start streaming down my cheeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter