Disney Songs that bring a tear to your eye

"Out There" from Hunchback always makes me think about how wonderfully lucky I am! Sometimes I sing along and when I get to-
"If I was in their skin, I'd treasure every instant." - my voice cracks and tears start streaming down my cheeks.
I can usually make it until the last "out there" before I lose it. Beautiful song!

I'll Try from Return to Neverland makes me and my mom bawl, and When She Loved Me since of course my name is Emily

"God save the outcasts" from Hunchback of Notre Dame has been my favorite Disney song since I saw the movie. I used to love singing it (in English and Spanish lol). And yes I am gonna admit that "Let it Go" hits a chord with me for deep personal reasons. In my defense the first time I heard it it was Demi Lovato's version before I even watched the movie.

You Can Fly. Peter Pan was definitely the first Disney movie I saw, if not the first movie ever. Flying over London just had me gobsmacked and the song is so beautiful. Especially "think of all the joy you'll find, when you leave the world behind and bid your cares goodbye..." I was only 4 and I knew exactly what that meant and that I wanted to do it.

Circle of Life. I could have gone home happy after the opening, didn't care for the movie.

Colours of the Wind. Even though they made a mockery of the true story, the song was so beautiful.

Whole New World. Just my grown up answer to the four year old me's You Can Fly really (plus I love Lea Salonga's voice.)

You'll Be In My Heart. Had NO idea where this song came from 'til quite recently.

Let It Go. POWERFUL song!

When you wish upon a star - it's brutal - big ugly tears everytime.

Definitely Baby Mine,but I think it's less the actual song and more the scene in the movie.

I can usually make it until the last "out there" before I lose it. Beautiful song!
Oh my gosh...this song is deeply personal to me for reasons I won't get into here but I can never get through it without absolutely losing it! Baby Mine is also one that gets to me because I used to sing it to my babies. I think I need a moment now to pull myself together :).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts