Disney Springs Hotels: 60-Day FP + EMH Through 2020: *No Packages Needed*

I have this same hotel booked. I tried the link in the email, but the rates it quoted me for my dates (even though they were listed as available) were higher than what I already had booked with them. Weird. Did you do it through WDW or through the link in the email? The free parking alone would save me a good bit.
As far as the hotel, I stayed here long, long ago (2000) and cannot remember anything about it. I really wanted to stay on-property for my kids, but with 5 of us, the size & price was too good to pass up. A recent review stated the breakfast was pricey for an adult, but kids ate free (probably one per adult meal), so it averaged out okay. Everyone reviews food as being good. Also, the room has microwave, fridge, and small coffee pot (it looks like Keurig because I don't see a pot, but not the typical shape I'm used to).
I hope we are pleased with it and everything goes smoothly as I have a hard time getting hubby to brave the heat, crowds, lines, and costs of the trip :)

FYI-- Mousesavers email offer is different than the one on their website. The website offer includes free breakfast for two adults and two kids, but not free parking. A couple of months ago when the email/free parking offer came out, I booked it. Then we decided not to rent a car for that portion of our trip, so I tried to book the free breakfast offer. It kept coming up as "nothing available" even though their were plenty of rooms still available.

When the email promo ended I was finally able to book the free breakfast promo. Hurray! I'm an Honors member so already have free wifi, so the breakfast is a great perk for us.

Has anyone on this thread stayed at one of the Disney Springs Resorts, recently? We have booked Doubletree and I'm wondering how difficult it is to take an afternoon break and travel back to hotel to rest? Our last trip was at AoA, and while we loved it, the travel to and fro was very time consuming. Trying to start creating my day plans --- I'm so excited!!!!

We just got back from the Doubletree and took afternoon breaks each day. We had a car, so I can't speak to how easy breaks would be with the bus, but we didn't find it very time consuming at all. Maybe 15ish minutes from parking lot to parking lot?

Well, Mousesavers sent me an email with a free parking and $152/night for DoubleTree (Hilton) and I took it. Going to be canceling my two rooms at All Stars.

I'll get free WiFi because I'm an Honors member.

Really hoping I love this hotel!

Can anyone tell me their opinions of the breakfast there?

Is it possible to fix easy breakfasts in your room?

Keurig in the room?

We just got back from there and always ate breakfast in the room - we usually did oatmeal, bagels with cream cheese, granola bars, or fruit. Our coffee pot was the little filter pod style, not Keurig.

We just got back from there and always ate breakfast in the room - we usually did oatmeal, bagels with cream cheese, granola bars, or fruit. Our coffee pot was the little filter pod style, not Keurig.
Thank you for letting me know. I'll bring our travel Keurig.

And thanks for the breakfast ideas.

Annual Passholders are reporting a FP booking maximum set at 7 days worth of FPs even if their DSprings Stay is longer than 7 days.

It’s unclear if this is an intended update or the result of the “magical enhancements” that have recently occurred. The first post of this thread has been updated.

***As of July 2018, AP guests are reporting they are limited to a max of 7 days of FP pre-booking even if they have a DSprings Hotel Stay of greater than 7 days. Guests with regular park tickets are able to book FPs for park days for their complete length to stay based on their total number of ticket entitlements.***
I just had this happen to me. Does anyone know or have they had success getting the extra days to open up for fastpass selections?

I just had this happen to me. Does anyone know or have they had success getting the extra days to open up for fastpass selections?
I'm not sure which thread but I'm remember reading that Disney is the owner of this policy and they aren't budging.

Call IT and explain your situation. Point out that the limits were never advertised and an IT CM may be able to complete your FP booking for you. @Belle0101 will be better able to explain how she successfully was able to book her final FPs.

Call IT and explain your situation. Point out that the limits were never advertised and an IT CM may be able to complete your FP booking for you. @Belle0101 will be better able to explain how she successfully was able to book her final FPs.

Thanks, I ended up calling the AP helpline and they were able to take care of making the FastPasses for me.

Thanks, I ended up calling the AP helpline and they were able to take care of making the FastPasses for me.

Sorry I didn't get to this thread earlier; I was at work and they don't allow us to be online unless it's for work. :confused3 Disney could be work related. Maybe you have to see when the next special event is so you can ask for the time off. :rotfl2:

Because I'm curious, are you able to modify your FP+? Mine have this message, "Experience, date and number of Guests can’t be changed."

Sorry I didn't get to this thread earlier; I was at work and they don't allow us to be online unless it's for work. :confused3 Disney could be work related. Maybe you have to see when the next special event is so you can ask for the time off. :rotfl2:

Because I'm curious, are you able to modify your FP+? Mine have this message, "Experience, date and number of Guests can’t be changed."

Mine have the same message. The person I spoke to on the phone told me I could not change them online but to just call back and they would change them for me, which I am going to have to do, I was just picking rides and times off the top of my head while making reservations because I was on my lunch break and not at a computer.

As has been stated this is a known issue between the "off-site" computer reservation system and Disney owned hotels that only effects AP holders.

Okay, my wife may kill me, but I just found this thread and I'm super intrigued.

We're currently scheduled to be in Pop Century in about 40 days, so still within the window to cancel. The resort was ~$160/day. These Disney Springs hotels are quite cheaper.

If I'm reading this correctly, the only thing we're losing out on by staying in a Disney Springs hotel instead of a Disney Resort is the kitsch? Is that right?

What am I missing?

Okay, my wife may kill me, but I just found this thread and I'm super intrigued.

We're currently scheduled to be in Pop Century in about 40 days, so still within the window to cancel. The resort was ~$160/day. These Disney Springs hotels are quite cheaper.

If I'm reading this correctly, the only thing we're losing out on by staying in a Disney Springs hotel instead of a Disney Resort is the kitsch? Is that right?

What am I missing?

You can't use Magical Express, charge to your room or buy the Dining Plan and yes you don't get the "imagineering".

But compared to POP you will be getting a bigger room and probably better service.

You will get 60 day FP+ which I assume you already booked and you get EMH (a big plus).

Be sure to check the FULL rate at each, most have resort fees and parking fees. Some specials can get these waived via Mousesavers, DisneySpringsHotels.com or direct with hotel.

I've stayed at most, my favorite are Doubletree Suites and B Resort. Have not stayed at Holiday Inn but it is also reviewed favorably. Other than Buena Vista Palace you won't get fancy pools ... but neither is POP's.

You can't use Magical Express, charge to your room or buy the Dining Plan and yes you don't get the "imagineering".

But compared to POP you will be getting a bigger room and probably better service.

You will get 60 day FP+ which I assume you already booked and you get EMH (a big plus).

Be sure to check the FULL rate at each, most have resort fees and parking fees. Some specials can get these waived via Mousesavers, DisneySpringsHotels.com or direct with hotel.

I've stayed at most, my favorite are Doubletree Suites and B Resort. Have not stayed at Holiday Inn but it is also reviewed favorably. Other than Buena Vista Palace you won't get fancy pools ... but neither is POP's.

We're coming in from a timeshare resort, so we wouldn't get Magical Express on the way in anyway. Don't have a car (planning to Uber/Lyft). I'll definitely pay close attention to fees, but it sounds like, for the most part, it's the "imagineering".

Do we know if it's just all going to go away January 2019?

We're coming in from a timeshare resort, so we wouldn't get Magical Express on the way in anyway. Don't have a car (planning to Uber/Lyft). I'll definitely pay close attention to fees, but it sounds like, for the most part, it's the "imagineering".

Do we know if it's just all going to go away January 2019?
The FP and EMH perks are extended through Dec. 31, 2019: info in the 1st post of this thread.

Ok, did some digging into this with my wife. We were almost sold on this, but then we realized that there was no shuttle between Disney Springs and Hollywood Studios, which is on our itinerary. There are other ways to get between the two obviously, but we weren't entirely convinced we wanted to switch, and this kinda clinched it for us.

My understanding is there are buses that run from the Disney Springs hotels to each of the parks. If you stay at one of the Disney Springs hotels, there is a bus to and from Disney Springs to your hotel, but not from Disney Springs to parks. Is there a bus from Disney Springs to Hollywood if you stay at Pop? As you mentioned, there are other ways. You could just Uber for about $15 or less. I went back and forth about staying on or off-property (and sometimes still do!) Another thing you won't get at Disney Springs is magic bands. This is about a $75 cost for my family of 5, so that is an additional price difference to consider.

My understanding is there are buses that run from the Disney Springs hotels to each of the parks. If you stay at one of the Disney Springs hotels, there is a bus to and from Disney Springs to your hotel, but not from Disney Springs to parks. Is there a bus from Disney Springs to Hollywood if you stay at Pop? As you mentioned, there are other ways. You could just Uber for about $15 or less. I went back and forth about staying on or off-property (and sometimes still do!) Another thing you won't get at Disney Springs is magic bands. This is about a $75 cost for my family of 5, so that is an additional price difference to consider.

I'm confused. Your first sentence said there are buses that run from Disney Springs to each of the parks. But your second sentence says there is a bus to our hotel from Disney Springs but NOT the parks. Which one is it?
But yes, there are actually two buses I can take from Hollywood Studios to Pop Century. A direct bus and the one to Art of Animation which is right next door. And like I said, I know there are other ways to get there, but part the appeal of the Park resorts is that everything is already taken care of. I also didn't realize we didn't get Magic Bands. :-\

Ok. Let me change my question then. Do we know if it's just all going to go away January 2020?

Unknown and probably won't be known until this time next year, if we go by this year.

I'm confused. Your first sentence said there are buses that run from Disney Springs to each of the parks. But your second sentence says there is a bus to our hotel from Disney Springs but NOT the parks. Which one is it?
But yes, there are actually two buses I can take from Hollywood Studios to Pop Century. A direct bus and the one to Art of Animation which is right next door. And like I said, I know there are other ways to get there, but part the appeal of the Park resorts is that everything is already taken care of. I also didn't realize we didn't get Magic Bands. :-\

They said there are buses from DS HOTELS to parks.

But there are not buses from Disney Springs (complex) to the parks.

There are buses after 4 pm that go from the parks to Disney Springs (complex) and then you could walk to your hotel or take a DS HOTEL bus.

And no you won't get MB but if you have old ones you can still use those.

Here is the official transportation flyer given to guests staying at the seven Disney Springs Hotels. This covers the following hotels:

• B Resort and Spa: http://www.bhotelsandresorts.com/b-resort-and-spa/
• Best Western Lake Buena Vista: https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/b...y-springs-resort-area/propertyCode.10288.htmlhttps://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/b...y-springs-resort-area/propertyCode.10288.htmliata=00171890&ssob=BLBWI0003G&cid=BLBWI0003G:yext:website:10288
• DoubleTree Suites Lake Buena Vista: http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/ho...rlando-disney-springs-area-MCOFHDT/index.html
• Hilton Buena Vista Palace: http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/fl...palace-disney-springs-area-MCOBUHH/index.html
• Hilton Lake Buena Vista: http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/fl...-vista-disney-springs-area-ORLDWHH/index.html
• Holiday Inn Disney Springs: https://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/us/en/lake-buena-vista/dislb/hoteldetail
• Wyndham Lake Buena Vista: https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/wyndh...a-resort-downtown-disney-resort-area/overview

Link to the Disney Springs Hotels marketing website: http://disneyspringshotels.com/

dspringshotels-shuttles-may2016-front-600x900-small.jpg

dspringshotels-shuttles-may2016-back-600x900-small.jpg

Shuttles leave every 30 minutes all day long at designated times. The shuttles are run by Mears Transportation, which has been a Disney partner for decades. (They run Disney's Magical Express service.) Each shuttle runs to two different parks. It's usually one to Epcot, then Disney's Hollywood Studios and the other to the Transportation and Ticket Center (transfer to monorail/ferry for Magic Kingdom), then Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Although each bus stops at multiple hotels, these stops usually only take 2-3 minutes each. The exception would be if there are wheelchairs or ECVs to load/unload. All of these hotels are literally next to each other. In some cases, it only takes 1 minute to go from one hotel to the next.

disneysprings-hotels-labels.jpg

Link to Bing Maps: https://binged.it/2yfpHqf

Note: With the Disney Springs Hotels being added to the Extra Magic Hours program, the shuttle buses will certainly expand beyond the "regular park hours" that are listed on these flyers.

If anyone has questions, please ask.

This tells you all about DS bus system. And yes there is bus transportation to DHS it just might not be direct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter