Disney Springs Check In Time

jf256

Mouseketeer
Hey All,

Trying to decide between getting Magical Express or checking luggage in at Disney Springs and getting a Lyft/ Uber to the airport.

I presume that you would need to arrive quite so early if you had already checked luggage in and magical express leaves so early.

Flight is at 735 so if we left disney springs at 5 would that be okay?

many thanks; jodi

To be honest you never know what traffic and what border control will be like.... I would still leave myself three hours, even without having to check cases.

Checkin at Disney Springs would save one issue of check in time but I think having to get my cases there etc would be a faff as your not supposed to take them on the buses. So you’d be paying a taxi fair for that. Also traffic, I take it you mean 7:35pm, if your heading to the airport at 5pm that’s gonna be a peak traffic time as well.

I've done both, but, I would do DME every time. If you already have seats assigned then forget about doing the Disney Springs Check In and do what I do to get extra time in the park.

I presume you are staying at a Disney resort, so store your luggage at bell services and head over to the park for a last blast of fun, you need to pick up your bags 15-20 minutes before the DME is due, so I tend to leave the park to return to the resort an hour to an hour an a half ahead of that. If you have the later flight you can even do two parks at a push. I use that last day for extra photo ops. When you book DME you'll get a time to pick up the bus which gives you plenty of time to get to the airport and go through security etc. If you aren't staying at a Disney resort you can't use the DME, it's for Disney resort guests only.

I did the Disney Springs check in and wasted so much time waiting in line while the staff (who never were ready at the advertised time) sorted things out. I find it much easier to check in at the airport, there have never been long waits because everyone does the DS check in. I have done this method the last few years and would thoroughly recommend it.

Save the money on taxis and use that to treat yourself to a last day meal instead.

By the way, forget using Virgin's transportation from OIA to Disney, use the DME too, it is 100% better. If you've booked the transportation with VH go and cancel it and call Disney or use this form to book online: https://secure.reservations.disney.go.com/ibcwdw/en_US/dme/dmeform

Totally agree with others. We've used various options over the years. Dropping bags off at the airport is never an issue and lines move quickly but getting through security to get to the other side for the return flight can be. Sometimes we've pretty well walked straight through and on other occasions we've waited and hour plus even though the boards above the gates have posted a 20 minute wait! If you do decide to go down the DS drop off route I would leave earlier than 5pm. Rush hour and possible hold ups at TSA could just make it a bit too stressful at the end of your holiday.

Mrs TT

The Disney Springs Drop Off is meant to be so you can drop the cases off go out for the rest of the day and not have the hassle of having to worry about going back to the hotel who will happily keep your suitcases and you drive straight to the airport.

If your going to the airport via Disney Magical Express then your best bet is to leave the suitcases at the hotel and go out and then go back to the hotel to pick the suitcases up, you have to go back to the hotel to meet the bus anyway.

Think the Disney Springs drop off only works if you are driving to the airport yourself to drop of the hire car and do not want the hassle of going back to the hotel to collect your luggage.

Done both and it really depends on what you have planned for your last day.

3 hours is the advice of airlines for a transatlantic and with security being what it is I’d make sure I had that.

Also make sure Disney have given you enough time with the DME time slot, they got ours too tight at just under 2 hours at airport. I went to reception of hotel who agreed way too tight and called and had it changed. Good job we did not stop anywhere and got to gate with only 40 mins before departure, not much room for a breakdown or other emergency.

Also make sure Disney have given you enough time with the DME time slot, they got ours too tight at just under 2 hours at airport. I went to reception of hotel who agreed way too tight and called and had it changed. Good job we did not stop anywhere and got to gate with only 40 mins before departure, not much room for a breakdown or other emergency.

I totally agree with this, last year we were still at Disney on the coach when we hit the 3 hour mark for our flight. We made it with plenty of time but it stressed me out at the time. You get your pickup time the day before/day of slid under your room door. I think you can contact someone and ask for an earlier pickup time. I know that's what I am going to do this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter