Disney Springs Hotel - Park Reservation System

CmdrThor

Mouseketeer
Any word whether a reservation at a Disney Springs Hotel will allow you to make park reservations during the early period with Disney Resort Hotel guests? The official wording is "Disney Resort and other select hotel Guests" so I wonder if the Disney Springs guests that used to get EMH and 60 day FP are the "other select hotel Guests". We have a reservation at the Doubletree Disney Springs Area and it disappeared from our MDE a while back, but I was able to relink it and it shows now. If there's no advantage to staying at a Disney Springs Hotel I'll probably move to the Embassy Suites for fewer Hilton Points, otherwise I'm happy to stick with what I have.

Any word whether a reservation at a Disney Springs Hotel will allow you to make park reservations during the early period with Disney Resort Hotel guests? The official wording is "Disney Resort and other select hotel Guests" so I wonder if the Disney Springs guests that used to get EMH and 60 day FP are the "other select hotel Guests". We have a reservation at the Doubletree Disney Springs Area and it disappeared from our MDE a while back, but I was able to relink it and it shows now. If there's no advantage to staying at a Disney Springs Hotel I'll probably move to the Embassy Suites for fewer Hilton Points, otherwise I'm happy to stick with what I have.
I would think it would be the same hotels that would have previously got the 60 day FP

I don't know (I'm not sure anyone knows) but I sure hope so!

We also have DoubleTree booked, as a package (I am new to Disney Springs so just used my TA) so I don't technically have tickets in my account yet. But since they are part of a package purchased through Disney I'm hoping/assuming we're fine as far as having tickets.

So fingers crossed that Official Disney Springs hotels will be rolled in with Disney Resort hotels!

We also have DoubleTree booked, as a package (I am new to Disney Springs so just used my TA) so I don't technically have tickets in my account yet. But since they are part of a package purchased through Disney I'm hoping/assuming we're fine as far as having tickets.

So fingers crossed that Official Disney Springs hotels will be rolled in with Disney Resort hotels!
I'm pretty sure your tickets have to be linked along with your reservation in MDE to be able to book park reservations. Can you see both on your MDE?

I'm pretty sure your tickets have to be linked along with your reservation in MDE to be able to book park reservations. Can you see both on your MDE?

When you book Disney Springs hotels as a Disney package you don't actually receive your tickets, and therefore can't link anything to your MDE account, until you pick up your physical tickets at the hotel front desk. At that point you can link them. But MDE knows you're "legit" and allows you to make 60+ FPs because there's a "FP Key Card" on the account... And thank you Disboards for teaching me all about that. :)

So I don't actually have tickets but I have a package that includes tickets directly from Disney so I'm hoping I'm good.

@CmdrThor when is your trip? Mine isn't for awhile so I'm just waiting to see how it plays out. If your trip is soon though I can only imagine how all the unknowns must feel!

When you book Disney Springs hotels as a Disney package you don't actually receive your tickets, and therefore can't link anything to your MDE account, until you pick up your physical tickets at the hotel front desk. At that point you can link them. But MDE knows you're "legit" and allows you to make 60+ FPs because there's a "FP Key Card" on the account... And thank you Disboards for teaching me all about that. :)

So I don't actually have tickets but I have a package that includes tickets directly from Disney so I'm hoping I'm good.

@CmdrThor when is your trip? Mine isn't for awhile so I'm just waiting to see how it plays out. If your trip is soon though I can only imagine how all the unknowns must feel!

I guessing you've read all the updates today about the parks reservation system. So, when you look at your MDE it shows that you have tickets?

Have you been following the updates the past few weeks? If not, take a look at the New and Rumors board and read the most recent "News Only" part towards the top.

If you are up-to-date I apologize but since you mentioned the FP+ and they have done away with that it made me wonder.

I got this from Allears.net today

"According to theme park reporter Carlye Wisel, Disney Springs Resort Area Hotel guests will ALSO have the same access to the theme park reservation system as Walt Disney World Hotel guests, starting on June 22nd at 7AM ET. "

and on one of the AP thrreads someone said a CM told them that as long as you can link it on MDE, you should be able to access the reservation system, so it looks hopeful!

"According to theme park reporter Carlye Wisel, Disney Springs Resort Area Hotel guests will ALSO have the same access to the theme park reservation system as Walt Disney World Hotel guests, starting on June 22nd at 7AM ET. "

and on one of the AP thrreads someone said a CM told them that as long as you can link it on MDE, you should be able to access the reservation system, so it looks hopeful!

Quote Reply

Report Edit

OOps, replied to wrong post - Sorry!:rotfl:

THANK YOU @NLKim that is helpful!!!

I just made a reservation for November at one of the Disney Springs hotels. Tried to link it to MDE but no luck. I called and the CM said it can take up to 72 hours for the reservation to be able to link as they are on different systems. I would prefer to make a reservation at on of the Disney resorts but can’t reserve those now. Planned to stay outside but dont like only being able to make 3 days park reservations with my AP so I’m changing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter