Waiting and watching here too!! Was mere minutes from trying to buy DVC points when I saw this news.
Now, I will try to use my loyalty points and stay for free.
Also, very interested in busing options as I was hoping our group could split up a bit.
Also, waiting to see if this will change breakfast hours offered at these hotels, some of which are not conducive to AM EMH.
Here is the official transportation flyer given to guests staying at the seven Disney Springs Hotels. This covers the following hotels:
• B Resort and Spa: http://www.bhotelsandresorts.com/b-resort-and-spa/
• Best Western Lake Buena Vista: https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotel-rooms.10288.html?iata=00171890&ssob=BLBWI0003G&cid=BLBWI0003G:yext:website:10288
• DoubleTree Suites Lake Buena Vista: http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/doubletree-suites-by-hilton-orlando-disney-springs-area-MCOFHDT/index.html
• Hilton Buena Vista Palace: http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/hilton-orlando-buena-vista-palace-disney-springs-area-MCOBUHH/index.html
• Hilton Lake Buena Vista: http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/hilton-orlando-lake-buena-vista-disney-springs-area-ORLDWHH/index.html
• Holiday Inn Disney Springs: https://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/us/en/lake-buena-vista/dislb/hoteldetail
• Wyndham Lake Buena Vista: https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/wyndham/lake-buena-vista-florida/wyndham-lake-buena-vista-resort-downtown-disney-resort-area/overview
Link to the Disney Springs Hotels marketing website: http://disneyspringshotels.com/
Shuttles leave every 30 minutes all day long. The shuttles are run by Mears Transportation, which has been a Disney partner for decades. (They run Disney's Magical Express service.) Each shuttle runs to two different parks. It's usually one to Epcot, then Disney's Hollywood Studios and the other to the Transportation and Ticket Center (transfer to monorail/ferry for Magic Kingdom), then Disney's Animal Kingdom.
Although each bus stops at multiple hotels, these stops usually only take 2-3 minutes each. The exception would be if there are wheelchairs or ECVs to load/unload. All of these hotels are literally next to each other. In some cases, it only takes 1 minute to go from one hotel to the next.
Link to Bing Maps: https://binged.it/2yfpHqf
Note: With the Disney Springs Hotels being added to the Extra Magic Hours program, the shuttle buses will certainly expand beyond the "regular park hours" that are listed on these flyers.
If anyone has questions, please ask.
Glad to hear you got that answer from a WDW CM. That's better than I was told yesterday. I guess I'll find who was right at 7am tomorrow morning.I called the Buena Vista Palace today. No one was able to help me.
So I called Disney and was told that the Disney Springs hotels can be linked to MDE as of January 10.
Hoping it's as smooth as she said it would be!!
No luck and it's after 7am. The Disney CM told me yesterday our ressie number from Disney Springs wouldn't work.Anyone have any luck yet linking a reservation? The Disney springs hotels are not listed (at least for me) in the drop down for linking hotel reservations on the web site. I'' try again just after 7:00
I hope I have the same luck later. I am afraid because I booked a mouse saver rite my reservation will not be eligible. Got to run out now!I just got off the phone with the Disney Cast Member. They had to take my ressies for the Disney Springs Hotel and input it themselves. They said I will be able to make my FPs in about 24 hours. Why couldn't they have taken the info yesterday, so I could make my FPs today when it started?
I was told that right now only reservations booked directly with Disney can be linked. Unsure when what was referred to as "third party" reservations can be linked. If ever. And they did clarify that booking directly with the Disney springs hotel is considered third party.I was told that they are having problems with the system today. Only reservations booked through Disney are linking, expect the others to work later on in the day. I will just keep trying!
Interesting to see how this actually plays out.That isn’t what was told to travel agents.
TAs were told it was for all DS hotel guests - included any means of booking their stay.
Disney hasn’t updated, issued, nor clarified any other information for travel agents today.I’ll check with Dreams Unlimited again.
Disney CMs, who were training travel agents regarding DS hotels, stated all DS guests would have the 60-day FP Booking window not just the guests who booked through Disney.
Will reply if DU has updated information for DS guests.