Disney Springs Hotels: 60-Day FP + EMH Through 2020: *No Packages Needed*

Wondering if my stockpile of Hilton points from work may come in handy here. What's transportation like to/from these hotels to the parks? Renting a car sounds required.

Curious for the same reason...

I just created a thread with details about the Disney Springs Hotels bus transportation:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-springs-hotels-bus-information.3653605/

Questions about the buses get asked a lot in this forum. I think it makes sense to try to consolidate those questions in one place.

As what was expected:

This info was given to Travel Agents yesterday regarding the DS Hotel bookings:

all guests at the designated hotels will be able to book fp at 60 days. It didn't matter if they booked through Disney or not.“

This is the most current info given to DU and matches the same FP booking perks that Swan, Dolphin, and SoG currently have.

Last edited:
I find it curious that they are referring to these hotels as, "Official WALT DISNEY WORLD hotels..."

As far as I remember the Disney Springs have always been referred to as "Official Walt Disney World Hotels" .... not to be confused with THE Walt Disney World hotels. Disney refers to them as "Disney RESORT Hotels". That list includes Swan and Dolphin.

From Disney site this is how they refer to the Disney Springs hotels ... "Stay and play mere moments from the shopping, dining and entertainment of Disney Springs. Whether you’re seeking a soothing spa escape or family-friendly fun, there’s an Official Walt Disney World Hotel to suit your style." These hotels are ON Disney property.

There is a third round of hotels called the "Disney Good Neighbor Hotels" which is who the announcing blogger/website said would be included in this. That list is much longer .... 25+. These hotels are NOT on Disney property. If they get added I think we'll see a big impact to FP+ availability. I could get a comparable room to a Disney value for MUCH less.

I am curious to see how this plays out. If any of these hotels sleep 6 with a decent rate then we might be moving offsite for future trips . We always drive so transportation not an issue but will have to count cost of parking. It is harder to find good options for our family size.

We have a stay at WL (our last stay as a family of 5+1) coming up and our FP booking window opens Jan 3 so thankfully we get a shot before these DS get to try.

I am curious to see how this plays out. If any of these hotels sleep 6 with a decent rate then we might be moving offsite for future trips . We always drive so transportation not an issue but will have to count cost of parking. It is harder to find good options for our family size.

We have a stay at WL (our last stay as a family of 5+1) coming up and our FP booking window opens Jan 3 so thankfully we get a shot before these DS get to try.

Doubletree Suites sleep six. One bedroom with sofabed in living room, dining set and kitchenette. Suites were renovated a few years ago and done very well. I have two favorites at DS and that is one. No resort fee, just parking fee. Rates range greatly by time of year but often it is much less than a moderate. Check via Hilton, Mousesavers and DisneySpringsHotels.com for specials. Mousesavers often includes continental breakfast with a reduced rate.

Hilton Buena Vista Palace has suites in their Island rooms, 2 Queen and Sofabed. Right next to their brand new beautiful pool area. These Island rooms are steps to the bridge to Disney Springs.

Was not aware, even their website still says 30 days so I dug around. They were able to start booking 60 day on December 1st ... so maybe it was just the first step in this new process.

How do you link your reservation on MDE? I just made a reservation at the Swan for late April, so that I can catch Blood, Sweat, & Tears. ;-) I made the reservation through SPG.com, not through Disney.

Call Swan and have them give you the corresponding Disney Confirmation # that can be linked in MDE.

Well, I made the reservation at the Swan yesterday afternoon. I tried to link the reservation number I received from SPG.com a few minutes later on the MDE iOS app. It blew up. After I got home, I tried linking on my laptop. That didn't blow up, but the "reservation number" "last name" screen was followed by a "check-in date" and "pick the hotel" page. It still didn't find my reservation but said the linking in the back office systems could take 24 to 48 hours, so try again later.

Well, I just tried again. All I had to type in this time was the SPG.com reservation number and my last name, and voile! my reservation at The Swan is now linked to MyDisneyExperience. Just to allay anyone's resentment, I have been an Annual Passholder since 1983, and I will not be reserving Flights of Passage 60 days out.

As far as I remember the Disney Springs have always been referred to as "Official Walt Disney World Hotels" .... not to be confused with THE Walt Disney World hotels. Disney refers to them as "Disney RESORT Hotels". That list includes Swan and Dolphin.

From Disney site this is how they refer to the Disney Springs hotels ... "Stay and play mere moments from the shopping, dining and entertainment of Disney Springs. Whether you’re seeking a soothing spa escape or family-friendly fun, there’s an Official Walt Disney World Hotel to suit your style." These hotels are ON Disney property.

There is a third round of hotels called the "Disney Good Neighbor Hotels" which is who the announcing blogger/website said would be included in this. That list is much longer .... 25+. These hotels are NOT on Disney property. If they get added I think we'll see a big impact to FP+ availability. I could get a comparable room to a Disney value for MUCH less.
Thanks, that's interesting. I've never noticed before that these hotels have always been called "Official WALT DISNEY WORLD Hotels"! (We love the customer service at the DS Holiday Inn, they're awesome) Yes, totally familiar with the Good Neighbor Hotels - have stayed in lots of them! It would be bananas though if they gave all of the Good Neighbor hotels 60 days!

The question still stands, though. How do you link DS hotels to MDE? Is it an easy process? What if I book a hotel by way of a Mousesavers link, so I get free parking? Does that change anything? TIA

The question still stands, though. How do you link DS hotels to MDE? Is it an easy process? What if I book a hotel by way of a Mousesavers link, so I get free parking? Does that change anything? TIA
Swan, Dolphin, and Shades of Green guests are using their resort reservation number and it’s linking up to MDE.

Free parking and other specific hotel perks aren’t affected by linking to MDE... that’s a provision of the Hotel. Linking to MDE is specifically to open the FP Booking at 60 days prior to your check-in date.

The DS Hotels will be able to answer the reservation # questions if regular reservation #s don’t link to MDE. That’s always how Swan and Dolphin handled linking issues for their guests.

The FP FAQ on the Theme Parks board does address the 60-day FP booking window for onsite hotels.

I'm staying at the Buena Vista Palace. The hotel didn't show up as an option to link. I'm wondering if I just have to wait til after Jan 1.

I'm staying at the Buena Vista Palace. The hotel didn't show up as an option to link. I'm wondering if I just have to wait til after Jan 1.
In MDX(E), you just link the Reservation # to your account. If it doesn’t link up, you can call and ask BVP. They can provide the best info regarding the linking.

Does anyone know if this also applies to timeshare rentals in the Disney Springs area, such as Wyndham Bonnet Creek?

Does anyone know if this also applies to timeshare rentals in the Disney Springs area, such as Wyndham Bonnet Creek?

This is not a Disney Springs hotel nor is it considered Disney Springs. It is not on Disney property .... whereas the Disney Springs hotels are (Disney still owns their land).

I thought it was because it’s right next to the Hilton, but I see now that I mixed up Hilton Lake Buena Vista with Hilton Bonnet Creek! There’s a lot of Hiltons! :confused3

I thought it was because it’s right next to the Hilton, but I see now that I mixed up Hilton Lake Buena Vista with Hilton Bonnet Creek! There’s a lot of Hiltons! :confused3

And at Disney Springs there is the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista (not to be confused with the Hilton Orlando), Hilton Buena Vista Palace and the Hilton Doubletree .... all at Disney Springs.

And the WBC and Disney Springs Hiltons are apples and oranges.

Yes, LOTS of Hilton brands in the area.

TWO Hilton Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista .... but one is LBV SOUTH and they are totally different.

Holiday Inn is another that has one in and out of Disney Springs with almost identical names.

Couldn't link LBV booking we have for March, called the property and they still were saying we don't have Disney Benefits, I explained this announcement to them, was transferred, next person said it had to be booked through Disney he thought. Talked to a third person, they asked that I call back tomorrow after they have a chance to talk to their manager. So will see... maybe this will all be worked out by Jan 10, somehow I'm skeptical.

Couldn't link LBV booking we have for March, called the property and they still were saying we don't have Disney Benefits, I explained this announcement to them, was transferred, next person said it had to be booked through Disney he thought. Talked to a third person, they asked that I call back tomorrow after they have a chance to talk to their manager. So will see... maybe this will all be worked out by Jan 10, somehow I'm skeptical.
Maybe it will get worked out by the 10th when all of the benefits supposedly take effect. Please come back and let us know if you get it figured out!

Curious for the same reason...

Wondering if my stockpile of Hilton points from work may come in handy here. What's transportation like to/from these hotels to the parks? Renting a car sounds required.
We have stayed at the Official Walt Disneyworld Hotels at Disney Springs many times. While the buses at the WDW resorts come about every 20 minutes, the buses for Disney Springs Resorts come every 30 minutes. They pick you up at the parks at specific times and run all day long. The spots for Epcot, DHS, and MK take you just a little farther than the WDW resort buses, and the bus to MK stops at the TTC and then you take the monorail or boat to the park. I love that it is also a short walk to Disney Springs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!