Disney Springs Hotels: 60-Day FP + EMH Through 2020: *No Packages Needed*

Right now I am deciding which of this 3 I will book for my August solo trip, no car:

Wyndham Garden - Pro - Closest to Disney Springs. Of these 3 options, its the most expensive right now (not by much). I like the idea of feeling that Disney Springs is my backyard.
Con - I am not a fan of hotels rooms where the door leads you outside (motel feeling). No grocery stores near

Best Western - Pro - a few bucks cheaper than Garden. First Bus Stop. Closer to grocery store.
Con - Long walk to Disney Springs

Double Tree Suites - Pro - Surprisingly, is the cheaper option for me of the 3 options for that date. Extra room (which I dont need as its a solo trip, but its welcome none the less).
Con - Last Bus stop. Kinda same distance from Disney Springs that the Western.

Any feedback on those 3 hotels is welcome for a solo traveler.

Wyndham - As far as proximity you could say Hiltons may have same walk depending on rooms, never know. Personally I'll never stay there again, especially in the garden rooms since they are like stacked shoe boxes. I agree as a solo, other than Disney hotels I don't book exterior rooms. They certainly are not worth the highest price.

Best Western - Have friends who stay there, I have not. Each time I try to book the final price was more than I wanted to pay with dated rooms. Something to think about is the hotel was bought by Drury way over year ago, has filed permits to begin construction on new tower, renovated all common areas outside and once done will renovate existing tower. I would hope by summer the work will have begun. There may be construction going on.

Doubletree - One of my two favorite hotels at Disney Springs (other is B Resort). I like to have "sitting" area that is not a bed. I like the kitchenette because I eat breakfast in room. Hotel was renovated few years back and I like the decor there and big windows in suites. The walk does not bother me. If it's the cheapest option I would book that without blinking.

Honestly no matter my hotel I wouldn't walk that far to the grocery especially since it's so overpriced. I would arrange for a grocery deliver from Garden Grocer or one of the locals that deliver.

Wyndham - As far as proximity you could say Hiltons may have same walk depending on rooms, never know. Personally I'll never stay there again, especially in the garden rooms since they are like stacked shoe boxes. I agree as a solo, other than Disney hotels I don't book exterior rooms. They certainly are not worth the highest price.

Best Western - Have friends who stay there, I have not. Each time I try to book the final price was more than I wanted to pay with dated rooms. Something to think about is the hotel was bought by Drury way over year ago, has filed permits to begin construction on new tower, renovated all common areas outside and once done will renovate existing tower. I would hope by summer the work will have begun. There may be construction going on.

Doubletree - One of my two favorite hotels at Disney Springs (other is B Resort). I like to have "sitting" area that is not a bed. I like the kitchenette because I eat breakfast in room. Hotel was renovated few years back and I like the decor there and big windows in suites. The walk does not bother me. If it's the cheapest option I would book that without blinking.

Honestly no matter my hotel I wouldn't walk that far to the grocery especially since it's so overpriced. I would arrange for a grocery deliver from Garden Grocer or one of the locals that deliver.

Thank you very much for your input.

I pulled the trigger and I am going to stay at the Double tree. Is a no brainer when you consider it was the cheapest of the 3 (thanks to Chase). I get more room and a microwave that may come in handy. Plus free chocolate chip cookies!

Also, will get groceries shipped like you said. Publix seem to have an App as well and is cheaper.

Has anyone had any trouble booking FPs 60 days out with their linked reservation confirmation? I read somewhere that only confirmations beginning with the #4 worked to trigger the 60 days. Is this accurate? I have seen a linked reservation that begins with a Letter, not a number.

I read somewhere that only confirmations beginning with the #4 worked to trigger the 60 days. Is this accurate?
Hi Duck!

It isn’t accurate because the Confirmation #s from these different corporations are sent to Disney to be merged into their FP system. From Priceline, Expedia, etc., their various #s are placed into the system.

Hi Duck!

It isn’t accurate because the Confirmation #s from these different corporations are sent to Disney to be merged into their FP system. From Priceline, Expedia, etc., their various #s are placed into the system.
Thanks for your reply Hiro!

I am looking at booking two rooms at one of the Disney springs locations. Does the count of the people on reservation have to match exactly to those tickets that would be linked to the reservations? I am trying to get 5 people in one room (2 queens) and 3 in the other (1 King), but the only way I could book this would be to book 4 and 4 and it won't let me have the king.

If I were to book 4 and 3 and leave one off reservation, would that mean I could only link 7 tickets to the reservation for FP selections?

TIA

Does the count of the people on reservation have to match exactly to those tickets that would be linked to the reservations?
No. When you actually begin your FP booking, everyone with linked valid tickets in the MDX account is eligible for FPs as long as 1 or both DSprings rooms are linked to the MDX account.

Buy your tickets from a ticket discounter for the best pricing.

No. When you actually begin your FP booking, everyone with linked valid tickets in the MDX account is eligible for FPs as long as 1 or both DSprings rooms are linked to the MDX account.

Buy your tickets from a ticket discounter for the best pricing.

Thank you. I priced out through undercover tourist and looked like I could save a few hundred.

So in that case, I could have two rooms for 3 people each if I wanted to get two kings but still link 8 different tickets just as long as each of those has the reservation linked in their MDX.

Couldn't this potentially be abused? Say you had a family reunion of 50 people going to Disney, they could chip in on one hotel room and use the same reservation to get the 60 day fast pass but really be staying in another hotel or Airbnb.

Thank you. I priced out through undercover tourist and looked like I could save a few hundred.

So in that case, I could have two rooms for 3 people each if I wanted to get two kings but still link 8 different tickets just as long as each of those has the reservation linked in their MDX.

Couldn't this potentially be abused? Say you had a family reunion of 50 people going to Disney, they could chip in on one hotel room and use the same reservation to get the 60 day fast pass but really be staying in another hotel or Airbnb.
It’s not abuse.

Disney attracts large groups where not everyone can afford nor want an onsite stay.

MDX is set up so that groups traveling together can book the same FPs.

Thank you very much for your input.

I pulled the trigger and I am going to stay at the Double tree. Is a no brainer when you consider it was the cheapest of the 3 (thanks to Chase). I get more room and a microwave that may come in handy. Plus free chocolate chip cookies!

Also, will get groceries shipped like you said. Publix seem to have an App as well and is cheaper.

HI! I booked here! I'm wondering how it went for you! Also I am struggling getting my reservation linked for my fastpass window in the morning. How long did it take you to get your hotel linked? Any tips? Thanks for your help!

Just to say that I did have to make 2 phone call to Disney but my Doubletree reservation is now linked and showing on my Disney experience. I have not bought my park tickets yet as trying to spread the cost. We go next Summer.

I'm trying to get my Double tree resort booked too! My fast pass window opens tomorrow. Do you have any tips on how you got them to link it? Thank yoU!

Posting Park Phase Closures and their impact on DSprings guests if anyone is planning on visiting for the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.

Phase A Closing
No admission of guests with one day tickets, and no admission of guests even with FastPass+ reservations unless they have one of the following:

• WDW Resort Guests, including The Four Seasons Resort, Swan, Dolphin or Shades of Green, Hotel Plaza Boulevard hotels arriving by bus (Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel, The Buena Vista Palace, DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, B Resort, Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort, Hilton), Golden Oak residents and guests.
  • WDW Premier Passport, Annual & Premium Passholders
  • Guests with Park Hopper tickets re-entering or crossing over from another WDW Theme Park
  • Guests with Memory Maker
  • Guests with dining reservations
  • Magic Kingdom Guests with reservations forBibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Harmony Barber Shop or The Pirates League.
Phase B Closing
No admission of guests with one day tickets, and no re-entering or crossing over from another park unless they have one of the following:

• WDW Resort Guests, including The Four Seasons Resort, Swan, Dolphin or Shades of Green, Hotel Plaza Boulevard hotels arriving by bus (BestWestern Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel, The Buena Vista Palace, DoubleTree Suites by HiltonHotel, B Resort, Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort, Hilton), Golden Oak residents and guests.
  • WDW Premier Passport, Annual & Premium Passholders
  • Guests with Memory Maker
  • Magic Kingdom Guests with reservations for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Harmony Barber Shop or The Pirates League.
  • FastPass+ reservations and is a WDW Resort hotel guest.
Phase 1 Park Closing
Guests with 'Magic Your Way' base tickets, or a '1-Day1-Park Ticket', Guests without an admission ticket, and Cast Members using Main Gate & Silver Passes will be turned around at the parking lot booths.
Phase 2 Park Closing
Admission is limited to:
  • Disney Resort Guests (including the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, and guests arriving by bus from the Hotel Plaza Boulevard hotels)
  • Annual, Premier and Premium Annual Passholders
  • Guests with Hopper tickets coming from anotherpark
  • Guests re-entering the park
  • Magic Kingdom Guests with reservations for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or The Pirates League
  • Guests using Walt Disney World ResortTransportation will be admitted.
  • Guests with pre-purchased 1 day Magic Kingdom tickets
Phase 3 Park Closing
Admission is limited to:
  • Disney Resort Guests (including the Walt DisneyWorld Swan and Dolphin, and guests arriving by bus from the Hotel Plaza Boulevard hotels)
  • Annual, Premier and Premium Annual Passholders
  • Magic Kingdom Guests with reservations forBibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or The Pirates League
Phase 4 Park Closing
Closed to all guests.

HI! I booked here! I'm wondering how it went for you! Also I am struggling getting my reservation linked for my fastpass window in the morning. How long did it take you to get your hotel linked? Any tips? Thanks for your help!

Sorry I saw this late.

I had to call Disney to link my hotel reservation.

I had to change the date of my trip and the Double Tree was very expensive. I ended up booking the B Resort, which had a deal and was the cheapest option from Disney Spring even with the resort fee.

I had to call Disney to get them to link them as well

I priced out our late January 2020 vacation (currently booked at Pop, as I was waiting for the Disney Springs announcement) at the Hilton DoubleTree in Disney Springs. We stayed at the DT in October 2018 and loved it - we redeemed points for our whole stay (Maybe ~35k a night, with a free night that comes with the reward stays?). The January 2020 trip will be more (by about 30 to 35K points, not sure about the $$ value), not surprising though.

It appears that they've added a daily resort fee too. We decided not to cancel our PC reservation yet and wait it out for now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!