Disney Springs Hotels: 60-Day FP + EMH Through 2020: *No Packages Needed*

Doubletree Suites Disney Springs has 2 bedrooms suites but they do not have full kitchens. They have a fridge, a microwave and a dining table.

I believe the Waldorf Bonnet Creek has 2br suites that do have a kitchenette, but not sure if there is a cooktop.

Thanks.
Not really interested in the kitchen as much as the separate bedrooms.

Thanks.
Not really interested in the kitchen as much as the separate bedrooms.

Gotcha - I think the Hilton Bonnet Creek also has 2 bedroom suites available, if having a kitchen doesn't matter. When I hear villa I think more of the full kitchen units they have for DVC.

Gotcha - I think the Hilton Bonnet Creek also has 2 bedroom suites available, if having a kitchen doesn't matter. When I hear villa I think more of the full kitchen units they have for DVC.

Understood. Thanks. I am a DVC member but looking for a 2 bedroom but cheaper ;)

Does the good neighbor hotel benefits (60 day fast pass selection) only go until December 2020.?

Does the good neighbor hotel benefits (60 day fast pass selection) only go until December 2020.?

It's only been officially announced to last through December of this year, but last year they renewed the benefit for 2020 so there's always a possiblity (but no guarantee) that it will be extended into 2021.

Oh how I love Disboards. As always, I'm able to sort through answers here that are wholly confusing everywhere else.

I have been especially thankful for comments from @HopperFan on various posts and to @hiroMYhero for managing this thread.

The ONLY benefit I care about is getting 60 Day FP+ and EMH.

I understand that to get those I need to book with an Official Disney World Hotel, not just a Good Neighbor hotel. Thank you @HopperFan for diligently separating those terms out in other threads.

Here are my questions:

From the disneyspringshotels.com website, when I choose a hotel, pick dates, and choose a room type it takes me to a page that shows this:
Capture.PNG

"Downtown Disney Rate Access" is always checked, and if I keep it that way it says no rooms are available. If I uncheck it, I can find the room I want. What does "Downtown Disney Rate Access" even mean? I see there's a promo code on there, so maybe for conventions? Every time I see it I'm reminded of my next question...

I think I read somewhere that only a few rooms at each of these hotels actually qualify for the 60 day FP+/EMH but I have no idea where I read it or if it was a credible source. Is that true? I am concerned about somehow booking it wrong and not getting the FP/EMH benefits and would love some reassurance. Is there some special set of instructions I need to follow when booking to get FP+/EMH? Or, regardless of how it is booked, as long as I have hotel reservations at an Official Walt Disney World Hotel, have tickets, and both the hotel and tickets are linked in MDE then I'm good? (In other words, I don't need to worry about this anymore?) ;)

I still get FP+/EMH if I book with a AAA discount? Or the Park & Stay where the daily parking fee is a little lower? (I'm worried about not getting FP+/EMH if you can't tell) 🙃

Are people having trouble linking the hotel reservation in MDE and getting it to acknowledge that you can do 60 day FP+? I've seen complaints of that, but it was awhile ago, and wondered what people's experiences have been recently.

These hotels give let you book FPs for the length of stay instead of getting online and booking FPs each day, correct?

How about ADRs? Will I be able to book ADRs at 180 plus the length of my stay as long as it's all linked online?

I see we wouldn't get MBs. Our MBs will be two years old when our trip starts, and people seem to be saying the batteries don't do as well at that point. So I just need to purchase new ones, link them to the reservation, and then I can use them in the parks to get onto rides just like our past trips where we stayed on-site?

Can I still link a credit card to MDE/MBs and pay for meals/purchases with our bands within the parks?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

Oh how I love Disboards. As always, I'm able to sort through answers here that are wholly confusing everywhere else.

I have been especially thankful for comments from @HopperFan on various posts and to @hiroMYhero for managing this thread.

The ONLY benefit I care about is getting 60 Day FP+ and EMH.

I understand that to get those I need to book with an Official Disney World Hotel, not just a Good Neighbor hotel. Thank you @HopperFan for diligently separating those terms out in other threads.

Here are my questions:

From the disneyspringshotels.com website, when I choose a hotel, pick dates, and choose a room type it takes me to a page that shows this:
View attachment 479119

"Downtown Disney Rate Access" is always checked, and if I keep it that way it says no rooms are available. If I uncheck it, I can find the room I want. What does "Downtown Disney Rate Access" even mean? I see there's a promo code on there, so maybe for conventions? Every time I see it I'm reminded of my next question...

I think I read somewhere that only a few rooms at each of these hotels actually qualify for the 60 day FP+/EMH but I have no idea where I read it or if it was a credible source. Is that true? I am concerned about somehow booking it wrong and not getting the FP/EMH benefits and would love some reassurance. Is there some special set of instructions I need to follow when booking to get FP+/EMH? Or, regardless of how it is booked, as long as I have hotel reservations at an Official Walt Disney World Hotel, have tickets, and both the hotel and tickets are linked in MDE then I'm good? (In other words, I don't need to worry about this anymore?) ;)

I still get FP+/EMH if I book with a AAA discount? Or the Park & Stay where the daily parking fee is a little lower? (I'm worried about not getting FP+/EMH if you can't tell) 🙃

Are people having trouble linking the hotel reservation in MDE and getting it to acknowledge that you can do 60 day FP+? I've seen complaints of that, but it was awhile ago, and wondered what people's experiences have been recently.

These hotels give let you book FPs for the length of stay instead of getting online and booking FPs each day, correct?

How about ADRs? Will I be able to book ADRs at 180 plus the length of my stay as long as it's all linked online?

I see we wouldn't get MBs. Our MBs will be two years old when our trip starts, and people seem to be saying the batteries don't do as well at that point. So I just need to purchase new ones, link them to the reservation, and then I can use them in the parks to get onto rides just like our past trips where we stayed on-site?

Can I still link a credit card to MDE/MBs and pay for meals/purchases with our bands within the parks?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

You are getting that box checked because you accessed the hotel website via the DisneySpringsHotel website. It's kinda like you are getting a travel agent deal via them. Book the room and rate that is the best for you. I am Hilton so sometimes I use AAA, sometimes I use HiltonHonors, sometimes I use Mousesavers etc. ALL rooms get 60 day FP+ and EMH. DisneySpringsHotels sometimes have great deals but they really are just another TA access to hotel.

I use MagicBands that are years old without issues. The battery, if it dies, affects the ride photos you can't scan after the ride for like 7DMT ... but for tickets and FP+ there is no issue, no battery needed. No you can not use them to charge anything, only Disney hotel guests can do that because so far it only charges back to the room, not direct to your credit card.

You are getting that box checked because you accessed the hotel website via the DisneySpringsHotel website. It's kinda like you are getting a travel agent deal via them. Book the room and rate that is the best for you. I am Hilton so sometimes I use AAA, sometimes I use HiltonHonors, sometimes I use Mousesavers etc. ALL rooms get 60 day FP+ and EMH. DisneySpringsHotels sometimes have great deals but they really are just another TA access to hotel.

I use MagicBands that are years old without issues. The battery, if it dies, affects the ride photos you can't scan after the ride for like 7DMT ... but for tickets and FP+ there is no issue, no battery needed. No you can not use them to charge anything, only Disney hotel guests can do that because so far it only charges back to the room, not direct to your credit card.

Thank you very much for the replies!

Just read something online that makes me think I'll need to make ADRs each day at the 180 day mark, instead of being able to make it for length of stay all at once. If anyone can confirm that would be fantastic!

Just read something online that makes me think I'll need to make ADRs each day at the 180 day mark, instead of being able to make it for length of stay all at once. If anyone can confirm that would be fantastic!

Pretty sure that is the case but I don't usually make mine until much closer to the trip so I don't have proof.

Yes that is true - if you aren't staying onsite, you cannot book all days of your trip on the first day. That's a benefit that is exclusive to Disney resorts.

That being said, we stayed at a DS hotel in August and didn't have much trouble getting everything we wanted - a lot I was able to book at the 180 day mark for each day of our stay, the rest I set up dining reservation finders and was able to snag closer to the trip.

Does anyone know if you are staying at a Disney Springs hotel do you have to pay for parking at the Parks? I know there are fees for parking at the hotel.

I had a reservation in October for Best Western at Disney Springs, I was holding on to it because it was by far the cheapest rate I could get w the 60 day fast pass but wasn't sure if we were still going. Today I got an email saying the resort was "permanently closed". If you go to the website, it says "coming soon".

I guess my decision was made for me.

I read that one of the hotels is becoming a Drury Inn and may be that one. We have a trip planned in early September staying at the Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace where we have stayed many times and love it! They are expected to reopen September 1. Good rate with Hilton Honors.

Hello. Quick question. Does any of the Marriott brand hotels in DS area qualify for FP+ at 60 days? Looking to be there Christmas time 2021

Thanks

We are looking at spending our next Disney trip at one of the Disney Springs hotels now that DME will be no more starting in 2022. I have plenty of Hilton points. Does anyone have any preference between the DoubleTree Suites, the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista, and the Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace? It looks like the Orlando Lake Buena Vista is maybe closest to Disney Springs and the buses/boats there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!