Disney Springs Hotels Bus Information

Thank you, I really appreciate your response! Is there another method of transportation you'd recommend that allows for 2 car seats?

Sorry, but I've never vacationed with kids to Walt Disney World. I can't help with recommendations. I think that ClapYourHands' suggestion of a Minnie Van is probably your only option.

I checked the Mears Transportation website to see if they provided car seats in their taxis. It says: "Many taxicabs do not have car seats, but you are encouraged to bring your personal car seat. The driver’s car seat may not be the appropriate size to meet your needs." I would guess that very few (if any) taxis have two car seats because that would limit the amount of luggage space.
Mears Transportation FAQs: https://mearstransportation.com/faq/

I would also guess that other Orlando-area taxi companies might provide one car seat, but two would be rare.

I can't seem to find a better solution than the buses, even though it seems as though we'll miss rope drop (which really messes up how we tour Disney). We avoid parks with EMH typically so all parks would have 9am opening, at least at this point.

As long as there is not any unusual traffic, if you take the first bus of the day going to a theme park, you will always arrive before the park opens. Although, if you're going to the second park, it will be close. Regardless of which two parks are coupled together, the entire trip (Hotels --> 1st Theme Park --> 2nd Theme Park --> Hotels) takes one hour.

The only exception to that would be if Magic Kingdom was the 2nd theme park on a grouping. While that's possible, I've never heard of that happening. Every combination I've seen always had the Magic Kingdom stop (Transportation and Ticket Center) as the first in the grouping.

So, if you take the first bus going to Magic Kingdom, you'll arrive at the Transportation and Ticket Center between 30 and 35 minutes later. After going through security and taking the monorail or ferry, you should get to the main entrance just prior to the official opening time.

But, if you absolutely need to be there before the rope drops at Magic Kingdom, you will need to arrange for transportation on your own.

Uber Car Seat is available but with only one car seat per car. Lyft Minnie Vans are the only ones I know of with two car seats. A car service might be able accommodate you but might be pricey (eg we are taking car service transport from airport with two car seats, but I don’t know how that would work everyday transporting to the parks).

We are in the same boat as you - traveling with kids and trying to get to the parks early for rope drop - so I’m following along!

I'm not sure on Uber car seat pricing but a regular Uber is 10$. We are staying in DS and I'm thinking we'll just Uber/Lyft whenever we feel like it. Even taking two separate Ubers (1 seat in each) won't be wildly expensive if you aren't doing it for 7 days straight.

Has anyone used a wheelchair on these buses?

Haven't used but seen plenty of people do it or with those scooter things. I think they often load wheelchairs and scooters firsts so they get the designated areas then load standard passengers who fill remaining seats or stand

Hi there.

We are staying at Ft Wilderness in October. Have only visited Disney Springs once and that was in 2009.

We would like to visit DS a few times this trip but are REALLY put off by the amount of walking from the parking garages, across 2 looooooooong bridges, just to reach DS (this doesn’t even include the walk to our destination once inside DS). While I expect some walking, we would like to keep it as minimal as possible due to various reasons for members in our party. Would taking Disney busses be a better option with less walking? If not, what is our best option (we will have our own car and are not looking for paid options such as Uber). We are a group of 8 with 2 kids in car seats.

Our stops would be:
Wolfgang Pucks Express
D-Luxe Burger
T Rex
Earl of Sandwich
Chicken Guys

Hi there.

We are staying at Ft Wilderness in October. Have only visited Disney Springs once and that was in 2009.

We would like to visit DS a few times this trip but are REALLY put off by the amount of walking from the parking garages, across 2 looooooooong bridges, just to reach DS (this doesn’t even include the walk to our destination once inside DS). While I expect some walking, we would like to keep it as minimal as possible due to various reasons for members in our party. Would taking Disney busses be a better option with less walking? If not, what is our best option (we will have our own car and are not looking for paid options such as Uber). We are a group of 8 with 2 kids in car seats.

Our stops would be:
Wolfgang Pucks Express
D-Luxe Burger
T Rex
Earl of Sandwich
Chicken Guys

Your post is a bit confusing. You say you are staying at FW. But, then mention the long walk & crossing 2 bridges (which describes the walk from the DS area resorts). You've also posed your question on a bus thread for the DS area resorts, which FW is not.

But, I've stayed at FW & DS area & will try to help. Busing from FW will likely be a pain since they have internal busses & then external busses, likely leaving you to wait twice & transfer, & then again on the way back.

You have 2 options, you could drive to the FW bus stop for DS (FW has 2 external bus stops depending on your final destination, one you can drive & park at & the other you cannot & I'm assuming DS would be at the one with parking). The Disney bus stop at DS will drop you near the middle of DS (the bus stop for the bus discussed in this tread is at the far end of DS near the Cirque Du Soleil building, making a drop there & crossing DS & then walk back to hotel or the opposite direction ideal.

Or, you could just drive all the way to DS. There are parking garages for your vehicle & no bus transfers or waiting. The garage parking is on the same side of the street as DS, but you mention 2 long bridges, which describes crossing the street from the area hotels, not the garages.

There is no long walk or crossing brides to get from FW to DS.

I hope this helps but just know that ALL questions about FW are better asked on the 'camping at Disney' thread. Just scroll down on the home page.

We are considering a stay at B Resort. If I'm understanding this correctly, we DO get EMH and the busses run according to EMH hours. But the night of an After Hours event, we would need to drive to the theme park. I will pay for parking at the resort, and if we choose to drive to the theme parks, we ALSO PAY for parking there as well? So even though it's an "official Walt Disney Hotel", it does NOT include Theme Park parking like it would if I were staying onsite at Port Orleans, for example? So I need to budget about $50 in parking fees if I want the convenience of not taking the busses to the parks? Have I got that right?

We are considering a stay at B Resort. If I'm understanding this correctly, we DO get EMH and the busses run according to EMH hours. But the night of an After Hours event, we would need to drive to the theme park. I will pay for parking at the resort, and if we choose to drive to the theme parks, we ALSO PAY for parking there as well? So even though it's an "official Walt Disney Hotel", it does NOT include Theme Park parking like it would if I were staying onsite at Port Orleans, for example? So I need to budget about $50 in parking fees if I want the convenience of not taking the busses to the parks? Have I got that right?

Correct. I believe the Swan/Dolphin still get free parking at the Disney Parks (though parking is not free at the hotel), but no other offsite hotels get the free parking.

You can take an Uber from the After Hours event, which may be cheaper than paying for parking, but possibly not as convenient. Alternately, you could take a WDW bus to Disney Springs (because those do run late), and walk to the B, but that's a lot of walking all the way to the B after a long night in the parks

Last edited:
You can also get on a bus to Saratoga Springs resort ... it is right next to Disney Springs and if you get off at the right bus stop an easy walk to any of the DS hotels.

Which Saratoga Springs stop do I want? I've never been to SS. Looking forward to my stay at BW in November!

Just got back from a solo trip staying at the Wyndham Garden on hotel plaza boulevard. Found the hotel and transportation to and from the Disney parks to be good. Even walked over to Saratoga Springs Congress Park stop a couple mornings to get the bus from there to the MK to by pass the ticket and transportation center. The walk only took 15min. Disney springs doesn’t open until 8:00am (I was walking thru at 6am) so there was a few security officers there making sure you didn’t enter. Just told them I was walking over to Saratoga spring and he said ok and pointed to the path behind the restaurants and stores that lead over to the bridge to Saratoga Springs.

The Wyndham on hotel plaza boulevard hotel bus transportation

Disney Springs sign saying opening at 8:00am
But you can walk over to Saratoga Springs.

Last edited:
Has anyone stayed at the Hilton Buena Vista Palace and walked over to Saratoga Springs to take the Disney bus? Do you just cross Buena Vista Drive? Wondering if it’s an easy walk. It seems like this is a preferred option over the non-Disney bus especially for Magic Kingdom since it drops you off at the front door instead of Transportation center.

Has anyone stayed at the Hilton Buena Vista Palace and walked over to Saratoga Springs to take the Disney bus? Do you just cross Buena Vista Drive? Wondering if it’s an easy walk. It seems like this is a preferred option over the non-Disney bus especially for Magic Kingdom since it drops you off at the front door instead of Transportation center.

It’s an easy walk taking the sidewalk over to the pedestrian walkway that goes over the road and then walk over to Saratoga Springs. The walk should be about a 15min walk which it was for me from the Wyndham Garden practically right next door to the Hilton. (I wouldn’t recommend it cause of heavy traffic during the day but if you decide to J-walk across the road it would be faster then taking the Pedestrian bridge to get over to Saratoga Springs.) The Hilton Buena Vista Palace is on the same bus route as the Wyndham Garden and the Hilton Buena Vista Palace was the last stop before heading out to the parks which is a plus but was also the last stop coming back from the parks.

Last edited:
I’m trip planning for a friend...just confirming that she would need to take an Uber to get to a 8:00 PPO breakfast at MK correct? Thx

Last edited:
Almost everything we know (or knew) right now with Disney World is out dated due to Clovid-19. :sad2: Have to see how things fall in place moving forward..

Almost everything we know (or knew) right now with Disney World is out dated due to Clovid-19. :sad2: Have to see how things fall in place moving forward..

Whole new world..... and what happens this summer, might not match what happens six months from now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!