Disney Springs Reopening Updates

Has anyone been there the past few days? Just wondering what it’s like compared to when it first opened. We will be there next week, have an open table reservation for The Boathouse and really looking forward to it!
My daughter and I drove up yesterday. Even though the weather was TERRIBLE I was surprised how many people were there. No virtual queue for WoD but there was a surprising # of people inside. Had a nice lunch at Boathouse, no wait, no ressie needed. Someone was asking about Edison- still closed.

Hot rainy weather is a harbinger of this summer- wearing a wet mask sucks!

Funny thing-- the one thing that bothered us most: NO busses, NO watercraft. Driving around on property was surreal...

Made us both sad.....

Just logging on from our Florida trip. Was at DS on Fri, it was hot and humid. Mildly surprised on how most complied with use of masks when walking around. Tried to keep tract but became impossible as there was a good number of guests walking about, but definitely more than 90% were obeying the mask rules (did not count people sitting at tables that were eating/drinking). We had a reservation at T Rex, got there early and were seated right away. WoD was not overly busily, but far from empty. Goofy candy store, Christmas Store, and Disney Art store were all still closed. It was very weird driving back to our resort down Buena Vista Dr and seeing so few cars. Once we passed World Drive, we were the only car on the road going in either direction. Looks like there has been good progress made on the new resort next to Swan/Dolphin.

Any rumors on why Wolfgang Puck reduces operating days and hours, and why Planet Hollywood is shut down all together now? I assume lack of business to make staying open viable?

Any rumors on why Wolfgang Puck reduces operating days and hours, and why Planet Hollywood is shut down all together now? I assume lack of business to make staying open viable?
Haven't reallyy been following operating times but we were under curfew until yesterday. As for PH I'm assuming is lack of people, they started opening at 11:30am and literally the week after they moved it to 4pm.

Haven't reallyy been following operating times but we were under curfew until yesterday. As for PH I'm assuming is lack of people, they started opening at 11:30am and literally the week after they moved it to 4pm.
That’s what I was thinking with PH. We’ve been back to DS at least a half dozen times now since reopening, at what would normally be a popular time for eating, and PH was always looking dead with a hostess outside trying to entice people to come in.

That’s what I was thinking with PH. We’ve been back to DS at least a half dozen times now since reopening, at what would normally be a popular time for eating, and PH was always looking dead with a hostess outside trying to entice people to come in.

That is the thing on reopening. Just because the government says you can doesn't mean place swill and even if places do it doesn't mean people will come.

I've been watching the six flags reservstion slots and outside of day 1 and 2 plenty of availabioity. The first saturday has a lot of the morning slots gone but sunday only has 1 time slot filled up (and right now anybody can make a reservation)

Funny thing-- the one thing that bothered us most: NO busses, NO watercraft. Driving around on property was surreal...

Made us both sad.....

This, it is just so weird without all of the extra traffic that you have come to expect. A little spooky.

Anyone hear any "Cirque" news ? I know that had to let go of 95% of their staff. but a quick check of tic sales, and looks like July 1at is the earliest tix were available to purchase (but pretty sure that is not happening)

We have tix for July 24, but had to cancel our trip, and wondering if worth even trying to get a date for next summer, or email them for a refund ( which , from another thread, seems to be tough getting (understandably) right now -

Without the resorts, I don't see a lot of locals would go out of their way to go to Disney Springs (and deal with the mask requirements) when they probably can go to DOZENS of other places not on Disney property without worrying about masks.
there's no experience like DS anywhere in Orlando, I know a lot of people compare it to a mall, it really isn't, especially in the amount of varied food places and stores
Also DS is not "out of the way" there are many residential neighborhoods within a 10 min drive. Now obviously the place gets a lot of foot traffic from tourists, I have had friends go and say that it's not super busy but it's also not dead

there's no experience like DS anywhere in Orlando, I know a lot of people compare it to a mall, it really isn't, especially in the amount of varied food places and stores
Also DS is not "out of the way" there are many residential neighborhoods within a 10 min drive. Now obviously the place gets a lot of foot traffic from tourists, I have had friends go and say that it's not super busy but it's also not dead

It used to be an entertaibmen

They have been trying to turn it into a mall for the past 5 to 7 years now.

Just got back from Disney Springs and most all Disney owned stores were open. It was really nice. They were not busy at all and the weather was nice because of the rain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!