Disney Springs Reopening Updates

Hi guys. I'm running behind keeping up with constant updates but we'll be there next weekend. Wondering if there has been any news on the Christmas store, Art of Disney, Goofy's Candy?

My husband would like me to ask about The Edison too. 😅

Thanks for all the updates from everyone, it's been a ton of help.

Thanks for letting me know! I had watched a video yesterday and he said it wasn't so this is great news! :)

Just to let you know, we were there today and the Christmas store was closed. The only thing we found open on that side was earl of sandwich, spice and tea traders, the art corner and the co-OP marketplace. Also a dog, yoyo and lefty kiosks. The westside was mostly closed as well. Most stores in the landings and town center were open, probably 70/30

Just an update from today, Friday, May 29th. Got to DS at ~1130, went to Lego store, almost empty. You cant touch ANYTHING in the store and have to remain 3? feet back from the displays. If you want to see something they have people stationed around the store to show you the box. No interactive areas.

Then onto WoD, walked straight in, no wait. We also went back to WoD at ~3pm with no wait again. It's pretty funny walking in theres at least 5 people keeping track on their tablets, how many people are in the store and at least 5 more just welcoming you into the store. When we went back around 3 it was definitely more busy but not crowded at all and no wait to check out. We also went to the co-OP, zero wait as well.

What are the chances now of being able to get seated at T-Rex with just a Landry's card and no reservations?

Has anyone been there the past few days? Just wondering what it’s like compared to when it first opened. We will be there next week, have an open table reservation for The Boathouse and really looking forward to it!

I was just there yesterday! It was more of a cursory "scope it out" visit so I didn't look into all the stores but a lot of what was said a couple posts ago is still correct. Temp Check on the way in was quick and easy. There are a decent amount of people walking around although I wouldn't call it crowded. Think more of how the slow times used to be in February/September. The only folks I saw without masks were ones eating and drinking. All Disney stores except WoD and CoOp/TrenD were closed. I was able to walk right into WoD with no wait. Lots of cast members in there standing around keeping an eye on things. I was able to pick items up and look closer with no problem (not the case with the Lego store as stated above). The did not enforce guest to guest distancing. One thing I noticed is that many of the closed Disney stores including Pin Traders and Once Upon a Toy in DS had signage for "Enter Here", "Exit Only" and "please keep distance" on the ground. Good amount of hand sanitizing stations located around the Springs and in stores. I even used the portable hand washing station outside of the Orange garage (by Coke store) on my way in and out. Starbucks near WoD was very busy but West Side was walk right up. Sprinkles ATM was busy but moved at a decent pace and it was wiped down between each customer. Chicken Guy still really good haha

Hi guys. I'm running behind keeping up with constant updates but we'll be there next weekend. Wondering if there has been any news on the Christmas store, Art of Disney, Goofy's Candy?

One of my co-workers at DDOC got the call and I believe they are starting back next week. I don't know about the other stores in our zone that you mentioned.

Is Sprinkles only doing the ATM or are you able to go inside the store? Wasn't sure if they are only doing the cupcakes or can you do a cupcake ice cream sundae etc.

One of my co-workers at DDOC got the call and I believe they are starting back next week. I don't know about the other stores in our zone that you mentioned.
This is great to hear. My wife has been sad every time we go there only to see the closed sign at DDOC. Would love to see a bit more communication from Disney on their plans for the rest of their own stores and restaurants (come back to me Jock Lindsey’s!)

I was just there yesterday! It was more of a cursory "scope it out" visit so I didn't look into all the stores but a lot of what was said a couple posts ago is still correct. Temp Check on the way in was quick and easy. There are a decent amount of people walking around although I wouldn't call it crowded. Think more of how the slow times used to be in February/September. The only folks I saw without masks were ones eating and drinking. All Disney stores except WoD and CoOp/TrenD were closed. I was able to walk right into WoD with no wait. Lots of cast members in there standing around keeping an eye on things. I was able to pick items up and look closer with no problem (not the case with the Lego store as stated above). The did not enforce guest to guest distancing. One thing I noticed is that many of the closed Disney stores including Pin Traders and Once Upon a Toy in DS had signage for "Enter Here", "Exit Only" and "please keep distance" on the ground. Good amount of hand sanitizing stations located around the Springs and in stores. I even used the portable hand washing station outside of the Orange garage (by Coke store) on my way in and out. Starbucks near WoD was very busy but West Side was walk right up. Sprinkles ATM was busy but moved at a decent pace and it was wiped down between each customer. Chicken Guy still really good haha
DH was excited to hear that Chicken Guy is open! Has the menu changed?

Is Sprinkles only doing the ATM or are you able to go inside the store? Wasn't sure if they are only doing the cupcakes or can you do a cupcake ice cream sundae etc.

Sprinkles was only allowing people to purchase individual cupcakes via the ATM outside. No one was allowed inside. You could pre-order a 4-pack of pre assorted cupcakes and bottled drinks via their app and they would go inside and bring it out to you but that was it. No ice cream or cookies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter