Disney Springs Restaurant Recommendation?

iujen94

DIS Veteran
I'm helping my sister plan a Disney trip for her, her DH, and her 3 DS (ages 9, 9 and 15). They want to go to dinner at Disney Springs one night and I haven't spent much time there, so I'm looking for suggestions for them. They are on a budget, so nothing overly pricey. My sister loves seafood, but Boathouse is too $$$. Suggestions that would be fun, relatively casual and maybe have some seafood options? They've been to T-Rex before, so that's out. They're not overly adventurous eaters, so simple but good food is best. Thanks in advance, Disney Springs experts!!

(Totally unrelated except that it involves Disney Springs - my sister wants to know if the Lego dragon is still in the lake there??)

Take a look at Raglan Road. They also take reservations through Open Table in addition to Disney. It is a family friendly Irish Pub.Not a seafood place but we always go to Wolfgang Puck Express in the Marketplace. QS with great food.
P.S. last time we were there the Lego dragon was in the lake. I read it was supposed to be the Loch Ness Monster

Last edited:
I'm helping my sister plan a Disney trip for her, her DH, and her 3 DS (ages 9, 9 and 15). They want to go to dinner at Disney Springs one night and I haven't spent much time there, so I'm looking for suggestions for them. They are on a budget, so nothing overly pricey. My sister loves seafood, but Boathouse is too $$$. Suggestions that would be fun, relatively casual and maybe have some seafood options? They've been to T-Rex before, so that's out. They're not overly adventurous eaters, so simple but good food is best. Thanks in advance, Disney Springs experts!!

(Totally unrelated except that it involves Disney Springs - my sister wants to know if the Lego dragon is still in the lake there??)

Wolfgang Puck Express

We really liked Homecoming. There is some seafood on the menu. Portions are HUGE. My DD18 and I could have split an entree. My DH and DS16 couldn't even help us finish our plates!

For seafood, I have to say I really enjoyed Bongos. I really liked the ceviche dish they had there! However, my DH and DS were more so-so about their food so we won't be rushing back.

For QS seafood-type food...Yesake Sushi was an amazing deal. Build your own bowls with your choice of rice or noodles, a huge array of toppings, and then beef, chicken, ahi tuna, salmon, or shrimp. Really good, huge, and only $10 or a QS credit. My crew preferred it to Wolfgang Puck Express. WPE used to be our favourite but with a focus on healthier, lighter options this trip, we quickly discovered WPE food was a bit too heavy/rich for our particular group for this particular trip.

I loved Cookes of Dublin when I ate there a few years back. But never had the time to return this trip :(

Raglan Rd was enjoyable - we had shepherd's pie and a rack of ribs when I ate there though - so no idea how their seafood is.

I did eat at Turf Club (have to take a boat across to Saratoga Springs) and I find their food is fantastic for 1 TS credit. Their scallops are huge, delicious, and cooked very well. Their steaks and lamb chops are also top notch! And their firecracker-type shrimp (forget the name) is the stuff dreams are made of!

Homecoming, Boathouse and Raglan Rd.
Flux burger and Wolfgang puck express for quick service.

Boathouse is our favorite. Homecoming was ok, I'm not itching to go back. I think the quick service fish is better than Raglan road. We should try more places there but Boathouse always wins with our family :lol:

Raglan Road is usually our go to for our 1st night in town. Food has always been good and reasonably priced for a sit down location. We're also enjoyed Cooke's of Dublin for the Fish and Chips.

Another vote for the boathouse. We ate there twice in one trip we enjoyed it so much. We sat outside overlooking the water, watching the amphicar launches and character in flight balloon, while enjoying great service and food. Lunch and dinner equally enjoable experiences. Roll on December.

I'd check out Raglan Road to see if that's within budget. They could also try Splitsville if they just want a decent meal. (You don't have to bowl.)

Boathouse... Yummy.. pricey but really good

While I haven't been to Homecoming yet.... It has mixed reviews so it would be a 50 50 shake of the dice.

Raglan Road is a lively fun night, they have some really great appetizer, Scallop Forest is our fav and we have been known just to have a couple of these and a couple of adult beverages. I like the risotto with shrimp, and the It's not Bleedin' Chowder.. Very family friendly...but is does get very loud... I say this if you have someone that doesn't do well in really loud environment's this might not be the place for them.

Planet Hollywood is open and we have had lunch there a few times, and it was good, family friendly and they have a lot of options.

Our go to comfort food spot and is great for the budget is Earl of Sandwich, super laid back, filling, and really yummy... This was you can maybe try some ice cream or some other dessert when walking around...

Raglan Road is a lively fun night, they have some really great appetizer, Scallop Forest is our fav and we have been known just to have a couple of these and a couple of adult beverages. I like the risotto with shrimp, and the It's not Bleedin' Chowder.. Very family friendly...but is does get very loud... I say this if you have someone that doesn't do well in really loud environment's this might not be the place for them.

If noise is the only issue, they could request being seated in one of the rooms off the main dining room. They're much quieter.

We are not big fish eaters, so I really can't chime in with an opinion. But I was surprised no one sugggested Paddlefish. I just assumed it would be a "go to" place for seafood. No?

If noise is the only issue, they could request being seated in one of the rooms off the main dining room. They're much quieter.

That's right I always forget about the wings so to speak, most people want to sit were they can see the band and the dancers. Good point.
I was thinking more of when I wrote this is.... If someone has sensory issue's this might not be the right environment for them. I say this as my friends granddaughter is on the spectrum and they had been looking forward to seeing the dancers, her granddaughter takes dance class, once the band started up and the dancers, they had to ask to get their food to go and head back to the resort, Thank goodness they were staying at Saratoga Springs. It was just to much for her granddaughter. They thought is would be okay as they had sat outside their last trip and they had some dancers outside, and a small stage where they had one person performing.

Reading comprehension is failing here folks. The OP clearly states Boathouse is out so why respond "Boathouse"????

We are not big fish eaters, so I really can't chime in with an opinion. But I was surprised no one sugggested Paddlefish. I just assumed it would be a "go to" place for seafood. No?

I was very underwhelmed. Food wasn't too bad, service was HORRID!

Morimotos--tuna pizza, yum! Here is a link to the menu. The prices aren't over the top as are some of the other DS restaurants. We also enjoyed Homecomin' and sharing entrees is a great idea here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!