Disney Springs to Magic Kingdom

Here's a little more information to help actually answer your question without the noise. Sorry about the quality of the map. I didn't spend too much time getting it perfect. (I had to superimpose one up on top of another because you have measure two different distances at once.)

dsmarketplace-busloop-vs-congresspark.jpg

Images/Distances provided by Google Maps.

The red arrow is right out side of Earl of Sandwich in the Marketplace section of Disney Springs. That's the starting point for the distance measurement.

The top left corner of the map is the Congress Park bus stop at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa. From there, you can hop on a Disney bus headed to Magic Kingdom. You'll make one additional stop at the resort before going to the theme park. Your final destination will be the bus loop just outside the entrance to Magic Kingdom.

Approximate Walking Distance: 2,200 feet (680 meters)

-----

The other option would be to head to the Disney Springs bus loop, which is located at the bottom left of the map. From there, you'd board a bus to Disney's Contemporary Resort. Upon arriving at the resort, you'd have to walk to Magic Kingdom (or go inside and take the mororail and stop three times).

Approximate Walking Distance: 2,400 ft (730 meters) at Disney Springs plus about 2,200 ft (700 meters) near Magic Kingdom = 4,600 feet (1,430 meters)

So, if you're in the Marketplace, the best option is to walk to the Congress Park station and go directly to Magic Kingdom.

-----

For the record, whether you are a Resort guest or not, you are not breaking ANY rules. From the Transportation - Frequently Asked Questions page of the Disney World website:

Q. I'm not staying at a Disney Resort hotel. Can I use the monorails, buses and boats to get around Walt Disney World Resort?

A. Yes. All Guests have complimentary access to our network of monorails, buses and boats.​

Link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/transportation/public-complimentary-transportation/
That's all well and good but there is now a bridge walkway there that isn't shown on that map. It does make the walk over to the other side a bit faster.

Could you clarify this comment for me?
Would this be the bus stop used by the DS area resort hotels now? If so, that would make me :dancer:

And to the OP, sorry to hijack, it happens:yo-yo:
I believe the old Marketplace bus lot is now for private cars (cabs, Uber/Lyft, car services) and off-site resorts. But I'm not 100% sure about the off-site resorts. I know that I've been dropped off there when using Uber.

That's all well and good but there is now a bridge walkway there that isn't shown on that map. It does make the walk over to the other side a bit faster.

I'm confused. What's "the other side" and to what bridge are you referring?

There is a 'bridge/walkway' that runs from in front of the Lego Store over to in front of Rainforest Cafe. The 'other side' of the Marketplace area.

Okay, but that bridge wouldn't come into play here. From the admittedly arbitrary starting point I chose (outside Earl of Sandwich), using that bridge actually adds distance to a trip to either Congress Park at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa or the Disney Springs bus loop.

I wonder if Disney will start charging for parking at DS in similar fashion to Downtown Disney at DLR. They validate the parking for a few hours if you shop, dine or catch a movie. It prevents people who are visiting the parks from parking there but allows shoppers and diners to park.

We've never been in a hurry to get to the park when we've stopped at DS. We often take the boat to POR, have lunch there and then bus to one of the parks.

With how complicated this thread got, the easy answer (even though the OP doesn't want it) is take a $12 Uber/Lyft and just be done with it.

Except that's not necessarily the easiest solution. Ride share is easy to access from the Marketplace area of Disney Springs. But, you can't take it directly to Magic Kingdom. You'll either need to take the monorail or ferry from the Transportation and Ticket Center or walk from Disney's Contemporary Resort.

Since the walk between the Marketplace and bus stop at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort is roughly the same distance as the walk from Disney's Contemporary Resort and Magic Kingdom, you're basically paying money and still walking the same distance.

Except that's not necessarily the easiest solution. Ride share is easy to access from the Marketplace area of Disney Springs. But, you can't take it directly to Magic Kingdom. You'll either need to take the monorail or ferry from the Transportation and Ticket Center or walk from Disney's Contemporary Resort.

Since the walk between the Marketplace and bus stop at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort is roughly the same distance as the walk from Disney's Contemporary Resort and Magic Kingdom, you're basically paying money and still walking the same distance.

- Guaranteed place to sit in the A/C
- No screaming kids (unless they're your own)
- No waiting on a bus that might take 20 minutes or so to show up

Yeah, I'll go with paying $12 for that convenience, even if I have to walk 5 minutes once I get there.

Okay, but that bridge wouldn't come into play here. From the admittedly arbitrary starting point I chose (outside Earl of Sandwich), using that bridge actually adds distance to a trip to either Congress Park at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa or the Disney Springs bus loop.
'If' you're at the EoS, sure. But, what if you're at the WoD store? Or anyplace else nearby? It's a good idea to give all the info.

Uber/Lyft pick up at both the old Marketplace bus stop, as well as behind the Cirque area. If you don't mind spending a few bucks, I would use Uber. The walk from the CR to MK, for some reason, just seems more pleasant to me. Add to that the fact that you aren't going to have to spend up to 25 mins waiting for a bus to arrive at the Congress Park area, then another 10 mins before it even gets off SSR property, then the drive to MK. It's easier and faster to just take Uber.
But, if you don't mind taking a bit of time, sure walk over to Congress Park and take the bus from there.

Here is what I would do.
Walk to the bus stop look at the sign and find the bus stop numbers that are stopping at either CR, GF or Poly -- maybe even WL if those become a problem and the first one that comes get on it. Transfer to the monorail, Bus, Boat or walk CR only either way it will be slow to very slow unless you are lucky enough to get the bus to one of the above resorts quickly and the other mode quickly. It is hard to say A will be faster then B. Enjoy the AC and break from walking and digest your lunch.... What can be said is in the morning to address the other concerns is the buses are painfully slow to the resorts from DS... if people want to save the parking fee you will lose at least an hour likely closer to 2 and more so a lot of frustration and very unhappy kids so it is not free parking...
unless you are familiar with SSR I would not suggest this way as if you follow the real walking path you will have along walk to the bus stop.. if you know where the not so hidden missing lawn between the buildings through the parking lots is and use it... you will get to the congress park bus stop quickly.. I stayed at SSR a few times and it is a great resort especially being i eat mostly at DS as I find the food to be good..

'If' you're at the EoS, sure. But, what if you're at the WoD store? Or anyplace else nearby? It's a good idea to give all the info.

I'm not sure why you (and some other people) feel the need to criticize the very detailed response I provided to the question asked. Honestly, it feels like you're attacking me when all I was doing was sticking the limits provided.

In case the missed it: "I am only going to be taking a Disney bus. Please don’t suggest the Minnie van, Uber, Lyft, etc."

[No need to respond. I answered the OP's question and she (or he) thanked me for doing that. I won't be returning to this thread again.]

Wow - some testy folks here. Folks are just giving information, and having a DISCUSSION. Why do folks find any "annoying or offensive post" must be directed to them PERSONALLY?

OP, we did this a while back. We walked over to Saratoga Springs and caught the bus to MK because we happened to be in the Marketplace area of Disney Springs when we were ready to leave. If you're anywhere else at Disney Springs other than the Marketplace, it would make for a long walk. So, if in Marketplace, walk to Congress Park at Saratoga Springs. If anywhere else in DS, catch bus to Contemporary and then walk or monorail to MK.

I see this thread is getting some traction again! OP here. So, this post was all for not. I ended up buying so much stuff from Disney Springs that I had to go back and drop everything off at my resort before heading to MK. :rotfl2: However, the bus system at DS was a nightmare. We waited for 40 minutes (in August heat!) for a bus to take us back to Pop Century. It wasn’t because it was so busy and we had to wait for the next bus; we had to wait that long just for one to show up. Next time, I will get an Uber.

Didn't even realize this was an older thread... sorry! lol! The advice is still current though, at least!

We waited for 40 minutes (in August heat!) for a bus to take us back to Pop Century.

Was it during the day? Its my understanding buses become more frequent in the evening, but even so, we didn't have great luck with the buses there in October. Seemed to be our longest waits each time.

Was it during the day? Its my understanding buses become more frequent in the evening, but even so, we didn't have great luck with the buses there in October. Seemed to be our longest waits each time.

Yes, it was about 2:30-3 p.m. in the afternoon. I was pretty frustrated—as were the other guests, especially those with small children. It was pretty miserable! Lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter