• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Store News

mommyceratops

<font color=red>Covets Clown School<br><font color
I ran into a employee of Disney Stores tonight (a little higher than a manager level) this is TOTALLY unconfirmed and what she told me was "off the record" so take it for what it is worth, I have nothing to confirm this. Other than what I googled click here I am sure she had no idea I would post this anywhere... :confused3

Disney went after HOOP (Childrens Place Co. that owned TDS was HOOP - Pooh backwards :thumbsup2 ) to buy them back.

My "sourse" says word is Disney was more than likely holding licensing to HOOP. Example there was no High School merchandise for the release of HS2 on Disney Channel and Target has more merchandise than TDS.

She said alot of malls are striking deals to keep TDS in them, under the Chapter 11.

By end of April all stores should know their faith and Disney should be back in control.

But look for BIG sales at TDS until then!

Disney more than likely wants to use TDS to market HSM and Hannah Montana etc since they are very popular right now.

I just hope this brings back more magic! :wizard: My local store stays open...

:rolleyes1

They have already closed our local store :sad1: Do you think they are planning on re opening stores that have already closed or just move on? I know we were told buy the manager that they were doing "good" the only reason they closed was because mall rent was too high :confused3 But I don't believe that!

They have already closed our local store :sad1: Do you think they are planning on re opening stores that have already closed or just move on? I know we were told buy the manager that they were doing "good" the only reason they closed was because mall rent was too high :confused3 But I don't believe that!

We had one close in Iowa City, and it was the only children's place in the mall, besides clothing. There is a Target. But, other than that, there is no gift shop, toy store, etc., that is appealing to kids. There is one in the Quad Cities, and I'm really hoping that one doesn't ever close. They gave rent as an excuse for Iowa City, too.

As a rule, I don't shop TDS in my city. I find that Walmart, Kmart, and Target have cuter Disney stuff than TDS.

I found at my local Kmart some toddler fleece hoodies with Mickey, Minnie, and Pooh on them. Nothing over the top and loud. Very understated....I grabbed a few for the cool evening on our upcoming trip.

Target had some GREAT vintage Mickey tees for toddlers awhile back (not sure if they're still there). Not the tacky crap you get at TDS or even in the parks!

Wait a minute...why is all this stuff kid stuff? Maybe I need to shop more for myself!!!! :-)

We had one close in Iowa City, and it was the only children's place in the mall, besides clothing. There is a Target. But, other than that, there is no gift shop, toy store, etc., that is appealing to kids. There is one in the Quad Cities, and I'm really hoping that one doesn't ever close. They gave rent as an excuse for Iowa City, too.

I guess if you were just doing good just the rent was to high, you wouldn't make much money.

Were they remodeled stores?

Hi all I know that Disney is in the process of buying back so many Disney Stores, as they are filing Chapter 11 only for their Disney portion of the business not the Children's Place half. From what I have heard, there will be store closings, and as to the other question will stores that closed reopen, I am not sure of that. After reading everything I think Disney wants to have only so many Disney Stores, so that it isn't blanketed in every shopping mall. There was also somewhere on these boards that they were going to say which stores would be closing as part of the Chapter 11 agreement. You can also go online to the childrens place and read about in under investors relations. I am hoping the one by me stays open, and would look forward to the change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter