Disney Streaming Service Gets Its Name!

Not exactly a great name. Doesn't really stand apart from the others in the field, but at least they aren't going with Go or Now.

I was hoping they'd go with something more unique or at least something that rolls off the tongue a little better. Think I'll just keep calling it Disneyflix.

https://www.google.com/amp/wegotthiscovered.com/movies/disney-streaming-service-finally-name/amp/

The streaming service will be called “Disney Play.” Personally Im not a fan of the name since it sounds more like a gaming service to me.

There is already google play so that’s weird

I agree it sounds more like a gaming service. Download Disney Play on Google Play! Yikes...

I'm not one for making up names but like...Disney Presents seems a bit better.

Not exactly a great name. Doesn't really stand apart from the others in the field, but at least they aren't going with Go or Now.

I was hoping they'd go with something more unique or at least something that rolls off the tongue a little better. Think I'll just keep calling it Disneyflix.

I’d assume if it does get highly negative feedback then there’s always the possible of a change

Disney Now already exists. It's the app that allows you to watch what's currently playing on Disney Channel, XD, DIsney Junior, etc.

Heard somewhere else, but they really should've gone with Disney Vault. It's a known part of the brand, and a unique name.

Market it by saying they're finally opening the Vault to us all. And have a nice Scrooge logo.

I figured that the big push with "Disney Now" they would just use that for the Streaming Service. Get people hooked with the "free" content there (with a valid cable subscription) and then just make all that content and more available via paid service instead of having to link your cable account.

There is a lot of content on there frankly .. old and new stuff for those channels and if the Disney streaming service is anything like that (but with movies) .. I'll pay for that in a heartbeat and ditch cable altogether.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter