Disney+ --> subtitles seem to be the default setting

gumbo1009

...flawed product of a deranged mind...
Tried a couple videos and both started with subtitles (had to click an option in each one to remove the subtitles).

Does anyone know if there's a default setting someplace?

Thanks.

Mine didn't have subtitles so it must be some personal setting you have. Sorry I have no idea how to fix it.

Tried a couple videos and both started with subtitles (had to click an option in each one to remove the subtitles).

Does anyone know if there's a default setting someplace?

Thanks.

got the same thing.On my ruku had to go to settings than accessibility than captions mode. I don’t get it anymore.

Hi! I had the same issues. But went to my device setting to remove auto subtitles. What device are you using?

I had the same issue with my Apple TV 4k, and I fixed it by going into: Settings>Video and Audio>Subtitle Language>Auto (selecting Off also worked, but I'm not sure what else that might change).

The Last Jedi titles and opening scroll are in French but dialogue is in English

This action was obviously interpreted by Disney+ as "this person likes to watch every episode with English CC subtitles as his default preference!"

Every time I check into a hotel and turn on the TV, they have the CC turned on and I have to figure out how to turn it off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!