Disney Summer Deals Be Forewarned!

Paul Rodgers

Mouseketeer
Currently been on the phone Disney for about an hour, the rooms they have left for these discounts are mostly all preferred rooms. Even with the discount, our price would go up because we would end up going from standard to preferred! Currently in the process of changing our reservation back to normal!

Yes, sometimes, many times discounts are for higher category that needs filling. All standard views may be booked, but for example pool view category needs filling. They only release discounts on rooms that need filling. Depending, sometimes you can go up a category for same price you’re paying for lower category.

You can also keep checking over time. Either more rooms will get released, or some people will cancel or switch to another room type, freeing up standard room discount availability.

Looking around for July, not much in the way of discount percentage or discount availability. I already have a Bounceback booked, but was checking to see if there was a better discount if I changed resort, rooms, or dates. With the June 30th opening of Toy Story Land, they are anticipating many wanting to stay onsite and paying rack for it.

I wanted a Preferred and had it ready to modify online, but it wouldn't work so I had to call. Then they only offered Standard. Kind of annoying since it was only $90 difference for a week.

I was able to get 3 rooms at the beginning of June (10-17) in a standard room at Coronado Springs. When I was looking there seemed to be a lot of availability at a lot of the the resorts that week.

Ugh......I am toying with this now. We booked Pop in January for Jul 31-Aug 2 and got that 1 Free Quick Service Meal per day deal...this was all before ticket prices increases....Would my cost for the tickets and memory makes be adjusted at the higher cost? Contemplating switching hotels and/or adding the DDP.

Ugh......I am toying with this now. We booked Pop in January for Jul 31-Aug 2 and got that 1 Free Quick Service Meal per day deal...this was all before ticket prices increases....Would my cost for the tickets and memory makes be adjusted at the higher cost? Contemplating switching hotels and/or adding the DDP.
If you make any changes to your package then they will charge you the higher ticket price.

I was able to apply a discount to my standard room at AKL in June.

I would keep checking on what you want, though. I have found that standard rooms open up, especially because people go nuts when a discount is first released, they slap $200 on their credit card, then they realize they can't actually do the vacation, and then they cancel from a few days all the way up to the deadline to get their money back.

I called to check on the deals for my jun 20th-26th trip we are doing POR preffered rooms and the deal from Nov (magic your way) discount was better than the ones in place now.

We have the same deal, also at Pop, for a couple of weeks earlier.

Technically, the new deal would save us $200...but we would lose the 1 Free Quick Service Meal/day and we would have to pay $104 in parking. Better to keep the deal we have!

We have the same deal, also at Pop, for a couple of weeks earlier.

Technically, the new deal would save us $200...but we would lose the 1 Free Quick Service Meal/day and we would have to pay $104 in parking. Better to keep the deal we have!

Yup, agreed! I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote that too, our trip is from 7/28-8/2...I cut it short a few days in my original post lol

I was hoping to even switch resorts, but the free quick service meal per day thing is keeping me (plus theme park tickets & memory maker at the 2017 prices). The past two times we did DDP I remember being so stuffed...this time we are just doing the Free quick service and no full on dining plan.

I actually spoke with a CM regarding the parking fee last week and they said if you find another deal/discount since you booked prior to 3/21 initially, you would not be charged for the parking. She seemed very matter of fact about it too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter