Disney Thank You Gift for FIL?

wmjeffer

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone! My father-in-law is generously paying for a family vacation for him, myself, my husband, and my daughter to Disney World in December. It's not a cheap trip by any means - we're staying at the Poly and we got the dining plan. I'd like to do something for him during the trip as a thank you.

Some considerations:

1. We have limited park time (just 4 park days), so probably not anything that would take up a lot of park time, like a tour.

2. I would consider a custom cake, but concerned about us all already being stuffed with the dining plan! lol

3. FIL loves Disney/Mickey Mouse, but isn't a regular WDW traveler (the last time he went was with his other grandchild several years ago - I don't know if he had ever been before that).

Any ideas?

There is a lot of Mickey stuff in the park you could get him. I am in a similar situation. I pay for 4 of my daughters maternal relatives to go along with us. On our last trip when we got back her mother and one of her aunts each got me one of the Disney characters dressed as Star Wars characters, I was floored and since I collect these figurines (I buy 2 each trip) I was really happy. You could find something he could put on a mantel or desk to remind him of the trip.

One of the options that photo pass offers is a calendar. You get to specify the pictures you want to use from your trip, and there are many different borders and backgrounds to choose from. The calendar is one of my favorite mementos of past trips.

I would buy a nice photo album at Disney and then add all your photos after the trip and give it to him as a thank you. That way he can always look back on the family trip.

Do you know what his specific Disney interests? Make time to do a something that thrills him: a safari dinner at Jiko (don't recall the name); swimming in the aquarium at Coral Reef; a meal with an Imagineer or maybe a behind the scene tour.

Do you know what his specific Disney interests? Make time to do a something that thrills him: a safari dinner at Jiko (don't recall the name); swimming in the aquarium at Coral Reef; a meal with an Imagineer or maybe a behind the scene tour.
Wanyama Safari. Very nice, a bit expensive, but very nice.

Could you book a dessert party or fireworks cruise (my personal choice would be the fireworks cruise) for one of the nights? They’re not cheap, but an awesome gift and can make the show extra special! My husband and I did the Illuminations cruise on our honeymoon, and having the perfect view without staking our a spot ahead of time and then getting crowded along the railing was amazing!

My new favorite thing:
https://auraframes.com
Its not cheap by any means but considering the thousands of dollars he's spending on you, its not bad.
This is not your average digital picture frame. It allows you ( and others that you include), to instantly add photos from your devices to his frame. You'll likely have a ton of photos from your trip that you can include, but you can also continue to keep connected afterwards- recitals, haircuts, missing teeth, pics with pets, etc...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter