Disney ticket price increase... is Universal increase around the corner and do I renew my AP early?

Rags

DIS Veteran
i just read that Disney will have their annual price increase tomorrow. My AP isn't due for renewal until May but I thought I would renew early before Universal follows. Can I renew early online or by phone. Thank you to all who respond.

Wherever goest one, the other will surely follow:rolleyes1

I've tried calling to renew earlier last year, was told only a month prior. Never hurts to try.

If you have an old renewal link from last year, worth a shot trying thru it

I would be very surprised if Universal raises AP renewal rates anytime soon since they just did so Dec 1st. It was quite a big increase too.

You can renew 60 days out. And you can renew online

i called the ap hotline number to see if i could renew today.

was told that renewals were allowed 30 days prior of expiration and 30 days after expiration.

the TM at the ap hotline tried to put mine through but it was rejected.
she told me the info she received that i have to wait until 30 days prior to my renewal date.

yes you have a 60 day time period to renew but as i posted, it is 30 days prior to your original start date and 30 days after the original start date.

now if anyone was able to get past that set up, do let me know.
pm me or post here and i'll try again.

the TM tried twice to let me renew today but it was rejected both times

drats....

but i did ask and they have no info on any ap rate increases.
like squriz posted above, last increase was in december.

did not try to renew online.

probably will try that later and see if that system will work for me.

(been renewing since 2003 by phone.
guess i need to go with the flow and try it online)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!