Disney to cancel FPs if room is cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've read on other threads this change fixed only canceled rooms by offsite guests. It did not address other FP techniques.

I can only hope. But it’s probably too early to know, right? Unless there is any insider info elsewhere?

And I also must not be good with the googler. Because I have found other threads on other sites with similarly little actual information on the topic. And much less off topic banter, though I have participated in said banter.

Are you planning to cancel an onsite reservation? That would be the only reason to worry...

I am following closely because we often make last minute changes and adjustments to our reservations. We also do split stays. It is very likely that I will cancel the first onsite part of my April stay and only keep the second reservation depending on what my cousins are doing and how much work I have too get done. Will I loose my FP for the second stay that we’re booked at the 60 day for the first reservation? Inquiring minds want to know!

We are DVC - walking reservations is a way of life....but the walking is usually done before FP windows open or points would go into holding...

I haven't read all the pages yet. I read the first few and the last 2. I think Pete had a good point about the throw away rooms. He stated that Disney figures out the rate to charge based on the occupancy rate or how fast each resort is filling up. As more rooms are sold the rates go up. The people making these reservations and then cancelling are making the rates go up for the rest of the people staying on site. People that cancel the rooms are holding space and prices will go up. So it really does effect everyone.

For those of u late to the shenanigans here, this is reposted 4 u.

We have a trip coming up in about two months and made two reservations because we weren’t sure at the time where we wanted to stay. Last night my wife told me to cancel the yacht club and keep the boardwalk. So I did that earlier this morning (I didn’t get any warning messages like posted above though).

....my FPs are still present.

Maybe it’s because I still have a reservation that is “associated” with the FPs, as to why they didn’t get deleted??? Maybe this will be the next new approach; make two reservations? To me, I don’t really care and not worth the hassle! I could ride Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid over and over again and be happy as a clam !

Someone please post if I am wrong (as mentioned previously, I’m not very knowledgeable in the ways of Disney tips and tricks nor googling!), but the OP is still a rumor and there is no real proof yet that Disney will cancel FPs if you cancel your room reservation.

On a separate and random note...I bought REAL Mickey ice cream bars at the grocery store yesterday!!! Yeah for me! Now if Disney would just sell the hot pretzels with that disgustingly, fake, yet delicious cheese sauce at the grocery store...

For those of u late to the shenanigans here, this is reposted 4 u.

....my FPs are still present.

Maybe it’s because I still have a reservation that is “associated” with the FPs, as to why they didn’t get deleted???
Just to confirm: both reservations were for the same dates, right? So IF this rumored change was actually put in place (which I've yet to see confirmed by anyone, anywhere...), it seems like the system worked as it should: it saw you still had an onsite stay booked for your FP dates and left them alone. Which, TBH, is surprisingly savvy to me - I really expect a lot less form Disney IT and would assume it would screw something like this up, lol!

I am following closely because we often make last minute changes and adjustments to our reservations. We also do split stays. It is very likely that I will cancel the first onsite part of my April stay and only keep the second reservation depending on what my cousins are doing and how much work I have too get done. Will I loose my FP for the second stay that we’re booked at the 60 day for the first reservation? Inquiring minds want to know!

We are DVC - walking reservations is a way of life....but the walking is usually done before FP windows open or points would go into holding...

U should be fine. There is alot of confusion on what is really happening. This doesn't effect people who actually stay onsite. This doesn't effect anyone that books onsite and then cancelled one reservation but still has another one in the same year. This is for those that do NOT stay onsite. People who stay offsite would book a 1 day room so that they were able to use the 60 day fp window and then would cancel their 1 day reservation, continue to stay offsite but still keep their fp selections. This has never been and still isn't about anyone that actually stays onsite whether they modify or change anything. The only thing disney has done is stopped those that stay offsite from getn the 60 day window, thats it.

Just to confirm: both reservations were for the same dates, right? So IF this rumored change was actually put in place (which I've yet to see confirmed by anyone, anywhere...), it seems like the system worked as it should: it saw you still had an onsite stay booked for your FP dates and left them alone. Which, TBH, is surprisingly savvy to me - I really expect a lot less form Disney IT and would assume it would screw something like this up, lol!

They were...but honestly I don’t recall when I made them; one was made a few days after the other, but before I got the FPs.

U should be fine. There is alot of confusion on what is really happening. This doesn't effect people who actually stay onsite. This doesn't effect anyone that books onsite and then cancelled one reservation but still has another one in the same year. This is for those that do NOT stay onsite. People who stay offsite would book a 1 day room so that they were able to use the 60 day fp window and then would cancel their 1 day reservation, continue to stay offsite but still keep their fp selections. This has never been and still isn't about anyone that actually stays onsite whether they modify or change anything. The only thing disney has done is stopped those that stay offsite from getn the 60 day window, thats it.

Well, to be fair, we don’t really know, do we? This entire issue/discussion stems from a single, vague tweet. Disney hasn’t put out anything official about what it’s policy is with regard to this issue. We can all make guesses as to what Disney is trying to do, but it’s dangerous to make unequivocal statements to people (on this thread or otherwise) about WILL or WILL NOT happen to their FPs in certain scenarios. Because the truth is, we don’t know.

I totally see what u r saying and agree with the logic/reasoning behind it, but is Disney really doing this? Has anyone here cancelled an offsite reservation and lost their FPs?

This seems to me a tempest in a Mad Teacup .... a rumor from an unreliable source, everyone gets their underwear in a bundle and starts to condemn others for "skirting" the rules and taking unfair advantage, no confirmation of it either being a new policy or just someone who woke up one morning and decided to set the collective internet's hair on fire....

Seems this is going no where until there are actual facts from Disney or folks really losing FPs.... maybe we should wait until there are reliable facts to back up the rumor, or just drop the whole discussion.

(Not that I'm opposed to discussions about scampi or mushu, mind you.... :D .... always willing to exchange good recipes...)

I totally see what u r saying and agree with the logic/reasoning behind it, but is Disney really doing this? Has anyone here cancelled an offsite reservation and lost their FPs?

I have never personally tried this although i do stay offsite. There is people claiming that they lost their fp and there is actual thread that explains in detail about how MDE wasnt able to communicate with resort systems and why it was possible for people to get away with it. Ill look for a link to the thread for ya but again, its just internet talk so whether their claims have any merit is good a guess as any.

Well, to be fair, we don’t really know, do we? This entire issue/discussion stems from a single, vague tweet. Disney hasn’t put out anything official about what it’s policy is with regard to this issue. We can all make guesses as to what Disney is trying to do, but it’s dangerous to make unequivocal statements to people (on this thread or otherwise) about WILL or WILL NOT happen to their FPs in certain scenarios. Because the truth is, we don’t know.
I agree with your statement above. Nothing anywhere has proven this to be more than the initial rumor. Stating facts about what will or won't happen to reservations right now are all guesses.

Personally throwaway rooms, leading reservations, and book/cancel are all gaming a system in a manner that Disney hasn’t intended, the definition of a loophole. I’m surprised to the level the moderators are now allowing these to be discussed. I’m also surprised the book/cancel is the only one banned. Essentially this thread has turned into a how to game the system at WDW now.

As u can see this been around awhile. Ill see if i can find the post from couple people claiming they lost fp using throw away room method

Thanks...those are all in regards to the throwaway room approach? I just learned about that idea from this thread and am still trying to catch up on it in the main throwaway room thread. My understanding though is that you don't lose your FP's via the throwaway approach??? Is that right? But the rumor in this thread is saying that you will now lose your FP's??? I think I have that right...

All of this is making my head hurt! Like I said, I tell my kids to just dump me off at Under The Sea or Stitch's Great Escape for the day (with a pretzel and the deeeelicious cheese sauce cup; is that cheese sauce made with REAL cheese?) and I'll be happy!!!!! There are too many people out there that have to plan everything to the second and it takes away from being at the Happiest Place on Earth!

Personally throwaway rooms, leading reservations, and book/cancel are all gaming a system in a manner that Disney hasn’t intended, the definition of a loophole. I’m surprised to the level the moderators are now allowing these to be discussed. I’m also surprised the book/cancel is the only one banned. Essentially this thread has turned into a how to game the system at WDW now.
Which is why I said the above. It is a bit of a gray area. There is a belief as long as Disney allows it, it can be discussed to an extent. However this thread should focus on the rumor.

Which is why I said the above. It is a bit of a gray area. There is a belief as long as Disney allows it, it can be discussed to an extent. However this thread should focus on the rumor.
True we posted at the same time I guess. But I though the book/cancel was explicitly not allowed to be discussed on here.

well, I don't know what is official and what isn't but we tried to book the POFQ in late January and there was nothing available (garden/river). now there seems to be plenty. so in at least this aspect, whatever they have done (rumor or truth) it is working (from our perspective anyway).

well, I don't know what is official and what isn't but we tried to book the POFQ in late January and there was nothing available (garden/river). now there seems to be plenty. so in at least this aspect, whatever they have done (rumor or truth) it is working (from our perspective anyway).
I don’t think that hasn’t anything to do with this.

You are looking at two different times of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!