Disney to cancel FPs if room is cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanna say i also remember reading something about people sayn there were circumstances where they basically got caught doing this and had all their fp privileges suspended. They mentioned having to call disney and basically plead their case and explain what and why they were doin it. I was listening to dis unplugged podcast and they were talkn about this and said that another way people were getn away with this was booking through an affiliated hotel at disney springs. Some of the hotels there are wdw affiliated and have some of the same benefits as stayn onsite but are not on the disney system or linked directly with MDE. So, basically u could book and cancel after u make fp and disney wouldn't ever know unless the hotel called and notified disney. How in the hell people come up with this stuff is beyond me.

I wanna say i also remember reading something about people sayn there were circumstances where they basically got caught doing this and had all their fp privileges suspended. They mentioned having to call disney and basically plead their case and explain what and why they were doin it.
Source? I don’t believe this. Disney has locked the MDE of a profile associated with redeemed fastpasses on ticket media that were not used for park entry but there has been no reports of a mechanism in the past of Disney monitoring fastpasses made on resort reservations.

I wanna say i also remember reading something about people sayn there were circumstances where they basically got caught doing this and had all their fp privileges suspended.

No, you are thinking of the old GLFP loophole. Unless it’s no longer accurate, doing a GLFP will get your MDE locked.

How in the hell people come up with this stuff is beyond me.

It takes a lot of hard work, dedication, and perseverance. Or so I hear.

No, you are thinking of the old GLFP loophole. Unless it’s no longer accurate, doing a GLFP will get your MDE locked.

It takes a lot of hard work, dedication, and perseverance. Or so I hear.

Yea, ur prob correct. I couldn't remember exactly what was all entailed but i do remember people were claiming to get locked out of doin fp. It might have had something to do with opening up 2 different accounts on MDE or something like that. It was all in then thread with the throw away room loophole so i just assumed it was along the same lines. But the part about getn a throw away room at disney springs was absolutely on dis unplugged. They were talkn about disney putting a stop to the throw away room trick but said that it would be hard for disney to monitor certain hotels at the springs.

Interesting. Still would be worth the risk because you're not really risking anything (even if you do it at a normal hour)

I wonder how many people are looking for a specific FP some random time like 19 days out
Anyone that is now 30 days or 60 days would be my guess, plus those also randomly refreshing within those groups.

The extra bit is interesting:

"Another change effective this week limits resort hotel guests using the 60 day pre arrival booking window to a FastPass+ period as long as their resort stay. If you have a ticket longer than your resort stay, you will need to wait until the 30 day pre arrival booking window to make additional FastPass+ reservations. With a 14 day ticket being the longest available and using a 60 day pre arrival booking window, this puts the maximum FastPass+ window at 74 days out."

So looks like they are going after the true "throwaway room" where people would keep a one night stay and just pay for it even if not using the room to get to book longer than their stay. I think this is for going after people who would try this for the FP+ to the Galaxy's Edge rides. So in the cited example of a 14 day ticket giving you 74 days out to book FP, now you would need to have booked a 13 night stay to get access to that far out

"Another change effective this week limits resort hotel guests using the 60 day pre arrival booking window to a FastPass+ period as long as their resort stay. If you have a ticket longer than your resort stay, you will need to wait until the 30 day pre arrival booking window to make additional FastPass+ reservations. With a 14 day ticket being the longest available and using a 60 day pre arrival booking window, this puts the maximum FastPass+ window at 74 days out."

So looks like they are going after the true "throwaway room" where people would keep a one night stay and just pay for it even if not using the room to get to book longer than their stay. I think this is for going after people who would try this for the FP+ to the Galaxy's Edge rides. So in the cited example of a 14 day ticket giving you 74 days out to book FP, now you would need to have booked a 13 night stay to get access to that far out
All welcome changes to me. Though throwaway rooms didn’t get the length of ticket plus 60 days. They had to wait 60 days out for each day remaining on their ticket after the checkout day. I believe this was referred to as the rolling 60 days. I’m glad to see these changes.

Their 74 was just a comment on if you did everything right what’s the furthest out you could go. At least that’s the way I took it.

I’m guessing even shortening a front end of your reservation is even hindered too. That will be nice change too.

Do you think this means that FP booking will now work more like ADR booking for split stays? Or will the system recognize that two reservation numbers are both on property and allow FP for length of the full onsite stay?

Do you think this means that FP booking will now work more like ADR booking for split stays? Or will the system recognize that two reservation numbers are both on property and allow FP for length of the full onsite stay?

no way to know but it would make sense if it works the same as ADRs as they could do similar coding in the system.

All welcome changes to me. Though throwaway rooms didn’t get the length of ticket plus 60 days. They had to wait 60 days out for each day remaining on their ticket after the checkout day. I believe this was referred to as the rolling 60 days. I’m glad to see these changes.

Their 74 was just a comment on if you did everything right what’s the furthest out you could go. At least that’s the way I took it.

I’m guessing even shortening a front end of your reservation is even hindered too. That will be nice change too.

I do wonder what happens if you book a 13 night stay, get your FP and then reduce your stay to 1 night - so you don't cancel it completely but you no longer have it for all the days you booked FP for ... will the system know to cancel the FPs just for the days you no longer have the room for?

I do wonder what happens if you book a 13 night stay, get your FP and then reduce your stay to 1 night - so you don't cancel it completely but you no longer have it for all the days you booked FP for ... will the system know to cancel the FPs just for the days you no longer have the room for?
Omg how crazy do people get? But I guess this is the animal Disney has created!

Omg how crazy do people get? But I guess this is the animal Disney has created!

yeah, we normally don't even stay on site so I never got into any of these games (heck, I was always to nervous to even do the whole "rider swap doubling up on FPs" loophole) ... but you know those that go for these loopholes will look for what does work after Disney closes the ones that are now known.

And maybe I am just exaggerating or looking at extremes, but I just think for Galaxy's Edge people will pull out all the stops to ensure they get to ride

no way to know but it would make sense if it works the same as ADRs as they could do similar coding in the system.
I hope they don’t do this. Considering the system currently considers a split stay as a consecutive stay for fastpass reservations currently. This would be a detriment to the system (people who are split staying for legit reasons such as DVC or changing locations for park access) and none of the current changes would need for this to adjust, IMO. Since if I had a 3 night plus 5 night stay I always got the 68 day advantage for Fastpasses. It was independent of the issue they are bringing up with regard to the throwaway room essentially. In that case your advantage at max was 61 days (checkout day) and each subsequent day was 60 days. As reported by those that did it on DIS

yeah, we normally don't even stay on site so I never got into any of these games (heck, I was always to nervous to even do the whole "rider swap doubling up on FPs" loophole) ... but you know those that go for these loopholes will look for what does work after Disney closes the ones that are now known.

And maybe I am just exaggerating or looking at extremes, but I just think for Galaxy's Edge people will pull out all the stops to ensure they get to ride

Agreed I do think Galaxys Edge is going to put a real strain on the loop holes and the whole system.

I guess there is always someone looking for a loop hole

I hope they don’t do this. Considering the system currently considers a split stay as a consecutive stay for fastpass reservations currently. This would be a detriment to the system (people who are split staying for legit reasons such as DVC or changing locations for park access) and none of the current changes would need for this to adjust, IMO. Since if I had a 3 night plus 5 night stay I always got the 68 day advantage for Fastpasses. It was independent of the issue they are bringing up with regard to the throwaway room essentially. In that case your advantage at max was 61 days (checkout day) and each subsequent day was 60 days. As reported by those that did it on DIS

I would hope so too - but they do it with ADRs already but those staying DVC are not subject to that

(had to deal with it recently myself as we are doing a split stay for our trip in August and I had to wait to book ARDs for the 2nd part until 180 days out from that checkin day, not our first check in day even though they are continuous)

I would hope so too - but they do it with ADRs already but those staying DVC are not subject to that

(had to deal with it recently myself as we are doing a split stay for our trip in August and I had to wait to book ARDs for the 2nd part until 180 days out from that checkin day, not our first check in day even though they are continuous)
Correct they do it with ADR but I always saw that as a limitation with the system rather than anything else not a punishment. Since Fastpass is a newer system I assumed they just corrected for it. As for DVC with the 180 days for ADR my experience was hit or miss. We always have call in while the policy was they were treated as a single stay some CMs wouldn’t. But I’ve personally found 180 was very similar availability as 180+ except chefs table at Victoria and Alberts and a few experiences.

It just seems silly to treat split stays as a loophole to some regard when for years the Fastpass system never did by giving the full advantage to split stayers. Just hoping it doesn’t since I enjoy split stays since I’m staying 11 nights usually so it’s easy and nice to change near parks.

Correct they do it with ADR but I always saw that as a limitation with the system rather than anything else not a punishment. Since Fastpass is a newer system I assumed they just corrected for it. As for DVC with the 180 days for ADR my experience was hit or miss. We always have call in while the policy was they were treated as a single stay some CMs wouldn’t.

It just seems silly to treat split stays as a loophole to some regard when for years the Fastpass system never did by giving the full advantage to split stayers. Just hoping it doesn’t since I enjoy split stays since I’m staying 11 nights usually so it’s easy and nice to change near parks.

I agree - but I think it is silly to treat it that way for ADRs as well and was thinking that if they use the same "coding" (for lack of a better word) then it might behave the same. but I hope you are right (and that they fix it for ADRs ... will seem even similar if for FP you can do it across split stays but not ADRs)

I agree - but I think it is silly to treat it that way for ADRs as well and was thinking that if they use the same "coding" (for lack of a better word) then it might behave the same. but I hope you are right (and that they fix it for ADRs ... will seem even similar if for FP you can do it across split stays but not ADRs)
Come 60 days from my November stay I’ll have an idea of how it works. So only 7 more months. Hopefully some people doing split stays in the next May+ can share their experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter