Disney Tokyo itinerary ??? Which parks which days?

Disneymummyuk

Earning My Ears
So for our planned trip to Tokyo this is our itinerary as follows

Thursday - Disneyland with a 1 day pass. Between the two parks I figured that that park may suit our needs (we have a 4 yr old ) better in terms of rides and general nostalgia. When in WDW Mk is always first park to visit!

Friday + Saturday - seeing central Tokyo .. so with the possible exception of a Disney resort restaurant (if we can get it ) these will be non park days.

Sunday - getting bullet train to Kyoto and spending Sunday + Monday in Kyoto.

Tuesday - bullet train from Kyoto to Tokyo checking in Disneyland hotel 2 nights.

Tuesday/wed/Thursday park days before flight home Friday.

So this is my conundrum... by the time we get back from Kyoto to Tokyo and check into the DL hotel and store luggage etc.. we probably will only have at best - from lunch time onwards in a park that day. So which do we choose for that first (but half day ) DisneySea or Disneyland. Bearing in mind we will have spent 1 full day already beginning holidays at DL. My first thought was DisneySea but is a half day good enough or should we spend half day DL and our next full day DS?

Sorry for ramble ‍♀️

I found I needed 2 full days in TDL and 1 1/2 days in TDS to accomplish just about everything the parks had to offer. So, if one of your four days is only a half day, I’d spend it at TDS. FWIW, I always have to do the castle park first, too. :)

I think TDL best suits the makeup of your family & would plan to spend the half-day at TDS with a full day at TDL.

You will just have to come back when your child is older ;)

Unless you get an early bullet train from Kyoto, which may be unlikely with a four year old, you may not get to Tokyo Resort until late-ish. The after-6pm ticket could be your best option for that day, depending upon the overall cost (e.g. the cost of a three day ticket v the cost of a two day ticket and one after-6pm ticket).

As you'll probably be a bit drained from the travel and as the parks will be "full" which would mean long waits in line as most Fast Passes will probably be taken (or have a return time of late in the night), Tokyo DisneySea might be a good choice just to wander around, get your bearings, do the Transit Steamer, Electronic Railway and if it's still running, the Gondolas and maybe squeeze in a ride or two (e.g. Sindbad, Aquatopia or Nemo).

You'll also be able to decide how to best allocate your time across the remaining two days. You may find that you can accomplish everything possible with a four year old that evening and choose to spent the next two full-days at Disneyland which has more to offer for a younger child.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter