Disney touches for at home wedding

cuewittyname

Earning My Ears
Hi all! I’m looking for ideas on how to add little Disney (and Star Wars) touches to my small, restaurant at-home wedding. Disney is a huge part of our relationship, and while we can’t have it at Disney, we want to make sure it’s incorporated somehow.

I’m already planning on making a map bouquet with maps I pick up on our annual December trip with my family. I’m thinking of getting my fiancé mickey cufflinks too. But any other ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!!

Hi all! I’m looking for ideas on how to add little Disney (and Star Wars) touches to my small, restaurant at-home wedding. Disney is a huge part of our relationship, and while we can’t have it at Disney, we want to make sure it’s incorporated somehow.

I’m already planning on making a map bouquet with maps I pick up on our annual December trip with my family. I’m thinking of getting my fiancé mickey cufflinks too. But any other ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!!

Congratulations!

They have Mickey hair spirals on Etsy, they're little rhinestones that can be put into your hair. I got 2 sets for my wedding and can't wait to use them. She has them in a bunch of colors or clear.

We also got a Mickey and Minnie cake topper from Lenox, and I'm wearing the Havianas Disney bridal flip flops (it's a beach wedding)

There's a ton of great inspiration in the photos for this interview I recently did with a couple who had a Star Wars vow renewal at Disneyland: https://disneyweddingpodcast.com/michelle-georges-disneyland-star-wars-vow-renewal/
Wow! These pictures are fantastic! And that ceremony and reception are crazy amazing!! Our friends had a typical wedding, but the groom's friends surprised them with Light Saber's like in the pic for the walk into the reception (or maybe it was after the reception on their way out?). I think they just got some Dollar Tree ones, nothing fancy. That was cool. For our wedding, we walked back down the aisle (out of the church) to "Beauty and the Beast." I'd love to see what you guys do! Please post and share after!

Small touches: add your favorite Disney music to your playlist, use a Disney/Star Wars theme instead of Table numbers to make your seating chart, place your favorite Disney/Star Wars quotes on the tables in some way- maybe frames? If you write your own vows, you can add something in there to allude or full on acknowledge your love of Disney/SW. Put tons of things in the photo booth too! Mickey ears, Darth Vader gear, Leah hair bun, etc. Have fun!!

What is your favorite Disney movie?
Star Wars would be easy to incorporate but knowing your favorite Disney movie might help with suggestions

Small touches: add your favorite Disney music to your playlist, use a Disney/Star Wars theme instead of Table numbers to make your seating chart, place your favorite Disney/Star Wars quotes on the tables in some way- maybe frames? If you write your own vows, you can add something in there to allude or full on acknowledge your love of Disney/SW. Put tons of things in the photo booth too! Mickey ears, Darth Vader gear, Leah hair bun, etc. Have fun!!

Oh yes, music! I did use the Up montage song in my wedding. And some others in instrumental for subtlety.

We did a few Disney touches at our wedding here in Texas--some things most people didn't really notice, but we knew they were there.
We also had our toasting flutes from Disney with the castle design on them.
We had a few hidden Mickeys on my cake (in the frosting design); I DIYed the table numbers on little chalkboards with rhinestones and put a hidden Mickey on each; similar with the vases I made for the tables-- a design with dots, but one dot on each was a Mickey.
We played Disney music before the processional and one song during the ceremony ("Promise" from Epcot).
The guests table number assignments were on a card with a Disney Pin for them to keep.
We wore bride and groom mouse ears when we left the reception.
I think there was a hidden Mickey on my bouquet.
Oh, and our guest sign-in thing was an UP house and the guests signed in the balloons. We got that off of Etsy.

I bought grape soda (Up) badges with our names and wedding date on it for both of us to wear

Our "book signing" was the Up house and ppl signed on balloons, table setting chart was Up themed.
Table decorations was wooden tree base with glass dome filled with moss and flowers/leafy greens and tree lights, like a forest or woods

My parents bought us wine glasses with mickey etched and our names and date

Congrats! For our wedding my flower girl carried in a Mickey Mouse pomander ( kissing ball ) for a nod to my love of Disney. My husband walked into the venue to the Imperial March and I walked down the aisle to I See the Light from Tangled. We exited to the Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Song.

Wow thanks for all the great ideas everyone!!! We're having a slightly non-traditional wedding of a private ceremony of our immediate families (all 12 people that entails) and our reception at a tapas restaurant, buffet style. So we won't have table numbers, etc, though I love all the ideas for how to work Disney into that part if we were doing it!

I love Tangled and the lantern scene in specific, and hadn't thought to incorporate that! I'll definitely have to think about that one because I've also always felt like finding my fiancé was really like seeing the light, finally.

I hadn't thought of wine glasses at Disney with Mickey on them. They're on my parents' "please pick these up for the wedding" list for the trip they left on this morning. We're having the reception at a restaurant so hopefully they'll let the two of us use our own glasses.

The hidden mickeys are a great idea too. We're having a "game section" because board and card games are a big part of our relationship (and our relationship with my family) so maybe I'll set up a hidden mickey hunt too. My dad and I obsess over the hidden mickey hunt at the gingerbread carousel at the Yacht and Beach club during our annual December trip, so that would be a nice nod to him.

I don't know if we have a favorite movie honestly. We love Mulan, Frozen, Tangled, and Moana.

Thanks again everyone!! I'll definitely keep updated on what else we end up doing

We just picked up an "Official Autograph Pen" from the outlet store that we're going to use for our guest book signing. Our guestbook is also going to be the new Cinderella storybook journal, the store manager CM suggested that and I absolutely love it!

DH and I have been married quite a while 17 years...

I bought little mickey shaped hair barrettes they are rhinestones, I found them in the kids accessories, She put them in my up do, DH spotted them right away... I also found purple ones that went in DD's hair... the oldest DD wore my rhinestone Mickeys when she got married...

We had a simple Mickey and Minnie design in the frosting the cakes where a basket weave... Mickey and Minnie were enter-locking and woven into the frosting all over the cakes .. sorta a hidden mickey...

I used Mickey and Minnie Stickers included for the RSVP return envelopes...

We had Mickey and Minnie toasting glasses

For table number we used photo's of us at Disney and on the Disney cruise line in frames... family pictures of DH and I, and DD's... I found wrapping paper with the Disney gang standing or leaning next to numbers, at the Dollar tree... I cut them out, used cardboard, laminated and used like long wooden picks, and attached them to the top of the frame, so that they could be taken off... and the frames reused...

I made the seating chart name cards and used a castle, horse and carriage stamp, in the corners, for my Love for Cinderella

We played Disney music in the back ground during dinner...

We used Chinese take out boxes for left overs and cake to be taken home and had the DD's decorate with Disney Stickers before hand...

I made Disney basket for each of the DD's that we gave them before we left for our Mickey Moon....

Ohhhh yeah I almost forgot.... for our rehearsal dinner... I made dozens and dozens of Mickey and Minnie shaped Cookies...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!