Disney Transfers..What Time Do You Get to Port?

kricket

Earning My Ears
I am about to make our final payment for our land/sea in January. Right now we have the disney transfers. I am getting worried that we will not get to port early enough.
We will not be needing to get spa reservations, maybe Palo though and need to get our kids signed up for the clubs.
I like the idea of not having to worry about our luggage after we check in at the Polynesian, but I also don't want to get on the ship too late.
Would you keep the Disney transfers or hire a car service?
Your opinions are very appreciated!
Thanks!

We took the DCL bus from WL to the port and then back to the airport after the cruise. We got to the port around 1:00, I think. I won't take the busses again because after the cruise was over, we waited almost 2 hours to board the bus to the airport. We were worried we would miss our flight! It is not fun to stand in a long line with 3 kids, and it was really hot to boot! (this was in May) We saw several people leave the line and just hail a cab, even though they had already paid for the Disney transfers. Next time it's Tiffany Towncar for me.

I agree with Bbgrizzle. We did the land/sea and did not make it to the port until after 1:00pm. We also had to wait in line at POR and after doing that in the parks, we were really anxious. We were not making any reservations but we really felt like we had to race throught everything before the drill. But this year when we arrived earlier, even the extra few hours on our 3-night made a difference. I didn't feel rushed.

We also had to wait a long time for the bus to the airport.

We will never use the buses because of this. The ride is fine, they do show a video about the cruise that makes it go pretty fast. But the little girl behind us was so excited and kept eating a bunch of pretzel and surprise, surprise, she threw up. Of course, mom was there to catch it in her hands. No one had anything to help her clean it up.:eek:

It is so much easier with a car service. No waiting and you get there when you want.::yes::

I wonder if it's possible for them to take your baggage for you (since you are staying in the Poly) and you do the towncar route on your own?

We havent done the Disney transfers but we did get a reservation for the 5 of us plus my inlaws with your ride. We had them pick us up at the airport (midnight ish) and take us to the Poly, then we put the luggage in the Bell closet at the Poly and went to AK for the morning of the cruise. We went back to AKL and got your ride again who took us back to the Poly to get our luggage (loaded it for us in the van) and drove us to the port. They picked us up after the cruise at 8 am and took the inlaws to their airport hotel, waited for them to check in, then took all 7 of us to POR for our hotel for the next 3 days. They picked the inlaws up at 10pm that night and took them to their hotel near the airport (which the owner recommended for a free early morning shuttle to get back home) and then they picked us up a few days later at POR and took us to the airport! It was nice to not worry about anything and they were very prompt, courteous and a little early or on time every single time. We did the land/sea thing without the transfers but we were still able to check in at the Poly so the only thing that the transfers would have saved us was dealing with the luggage but the driver helped us AND we still got our luggage long before we set sail. We arrived at the port around 2 after a morning at AK (which was a good time waster for us and the kids instead of waiting in line) and we didnt care about Palo or the spa. We got the kids registered, ate lunch, went to both our room and the inlaws and then did the life jacket drill...it was smooth and easy!

Heidi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter