Disney Transfers

jms

Mouseketeer
Hello, we are doing DW for 3 days before our cruise. Right now I have transfers trough DCL. However, I am hearing people say they do not pick up at the resorts until 12:30 and you do not arrive until 2:30. Someone mentioned if you take ME to the airport DCL starts leaving there at 9:30. Question will bell services still take your luggage from the resort to Port Canaveral or do you have to take it to the airport?

Also our flight does not depart until 7pm so I am considering cancelling our return transfer and renting a car. We are huge Disney fans and have been several times, however since we have never done Universal I am debating going there for the day as my kids are getting older and we have never been. Thoughts on this? Or should we just do a waterpark? TIA

Hello, we are doing DW for 3 days before our cruise. Right now I have transfers trough DCL. However, I am hearing people say they do not pick up at the resorts until 12:30 and you do not arrive until 2:30. Someone mentioned if you take ME to the airport DCL starts leaving there at 9:30. Question will bell services still take your luggage from the resort to Port Canaveral or do you have to take it to the airport?

Also our flight does not depart until 7pm so I am considering cancelling our return transfer and renting a car. We are huge Disney fans and have been several times, however since we have never done Universal I am debating going there for the day as my kids are getting older and we have never been. Thoughts on this? Or should we just do a waterpark? TIA
If you opt to go back to the airport to catch the DCL transfers, you'll take your bags to the ME bus at the resort, and then take them to the DCL transfer desk. Another thing it takes about an hour from resort to airport and another hour from airport to port. No telling how long you'll wait at the airport to actually get on a bus (it's first come, first served there). From resort to port is an hour, also.

For me, it's not worth the hassle to get up that early, just to spend twice as much time on the bus getting to the port. And my bags go directly from resort room to room onboard.

Resort pick up window is 10:45-1:30. Your pick up could be the first of the day, or the last. And each bus MIGHT stop at an additional resort or two before actually heading to the port. Or your stop could be the last for that particular bus and it heads directly to the port after picking you up.

The ME will pick up 3 hours prior to the departing flight time you provide. I'm not sure how much time you need to allow to get on the 9:30 bus, but I agree with PrincessShmoo too much hassle for us.

The ME will pick up 3 hours prior to the departing flight time you provide. I'm not sure how much time you need to allow to get on the 9:30 bus, but I agree with PrincessShmoo too much hassle for us.
If someone wants to be at the airport by, say, 9:00, then they need to tell the Magical Express people that they have a noon flight. But, I've been told you don't have to say you have a flight, you just have to tell them what time you want to be at the airport.

Thanks everyone! I have also heard we can do just a luggage transfer through DCL for $25. We might go this route and then just do an Uber. I think it comes out cheaper for 4 people and it would be less hassle.

Thanks everyone! I have also heard we can do just a luggage transfer through DCL for $25. We might go this route and then just do an Uber. I think it comes out cheaper for 4 people and it would be less hassle.
If you wind up doing this please report back how it goes with the luggage transfer.

It’s not that hard to take your luggage with you.
Bring your bags to the front of the hotel,put them in the car/Uber. When you arrive at the port the porters will take your bags from the car ( you should tip a few $$ per bag) your bags will be delivered to your cabin:)

It’s not that hard to take your luggage with you.
Bring your bags to the front of the hotel,put them in the car/Uber. When you arrive at the port the porters will take your bags from the car ( you should tip a few $$ per bag) your bags will be delivered to your cabin:)
With a large family, it can be hard to fit the whole family plus luggage in a car.

I've never heard of this. Which route are you referring to for the luggage transfer?

I've never heard of this. Which route are you referring to for the luggage transfer?
There have been reports that you can set it up for DCL transfers to take your bags to the port from a resort, while you actually travel in another mode of transportation. Apparently it costs $25 for up to 6 bags. Don't know for sure, I've never used it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter