Disney Transportation

BOTL76

Mouseketeer
Good Day Disney Fans,

Well looks like my family will be booking our DW trip for the first week of May.

The question or feedback I am looking for is around the onsite Disney transportation for getting to and from the Resort to the Parks and back at night?
We will most likely be staying at POP and don't want to rent a car.

We last stayed on site 8 years ago so it's been awhile since we used the on-site Disney transportation system!

Thanks for any tips/feedback!

I am off to POP as well the beginning of May (May 5-12). When we travel with the boys we use DME to get to the resort from the airport and use the buses all the time when onsite.

At the end of the day if you leave with the masses there will be a bit of a wait for a bus. If you leave just ahead of the crowd no issues. The buses can be crowded at times but that just adds to the Disney experience. It's fun to listen to how others have spent their day, meet new people.

I have found that whether or not you like the bus service is a very personal thing. We don't mind waiting and taking public transportation, it's nice to have someone else figure out how to get around at Disney.

We often take a break mid-day back at the resort (bus both ways). The only drawback now to the transportation system is getting to the water parks. It has become a two stop process where there used to be direct buses. You can always Uber though.

We generally use Disney transportation but last trip we used a Uber a few t8mes for things like an early morning adr and a late night back not wanting to wait in the long line for the buses. It worked great for us. Especially when we went from CSR to the Poly for breakfast. 15 min instead of waiting for the bus to MK, then monorail to poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter