Disney Trip 2015 Observations

DisneyGal08

Earning My Ears
My 2015 Trip....Observations/Summary

This isn't a trip report. It won't be too lengthy, and won't hold too many pictures..if any at all.

This past trip that occurred on Nov 15-20th was our last trip to Disney...for a while that is. I know I have said this in the past but this is the last time.

A lot of things went wrong this trip so wrong that I ended up tearing up in Muppets 3D wanting to go home. But also a few good things did happen too.

Good

- We received 2 FREE tickets to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party on our first day of vacation. :) We were able to see a lot of the shows during the party, such as the acapella group "Voiceplay" in Tomorrowland... Received free cookies and hot cocoa and we were even able to see the fireworks...sitting down!!!
- Saw Epcot's Fireworks from the computer pool at Pop Century...Yes, I went swimming (for a change).
- Got to spend some time with my mom... Always a good thing..sometimes.
- location of room at Pop Century was good although I wasn't too thrilled at first but by the second day I was happy. We were in the 90's on the 2nd floor in room 8062. We cut through the parking lot to and from the buses.
- saw a full rainbow at Hollywood Studios
- Great Food at: Captain's Grille (I had the crab cakes, mom had the steak), 50's Prime Time Cafe (I had the stuffed pork chop, mom had dad's sampler), & Raglan Road (I had the steak which is rare for me, and mom had the pot pie...we skipped the bread pudding)
- We were able to see Mickey Mouse at the Studios because they have him hidden away. No Line!
- Also scored 2 Fastpasses for Seven Dwarf Mine Train. last minute.

Bad

- Weather... Rained 2 Days.
- Disappointed with 2 out of the 5 restaurants...I know it doesn't sound bad but I really was looking forward to the 2 restaurants that turned out being burners...Planet Hollywood and Grand Floridian Cafe. Mom and I both had the pork chop at GFC. They were too dry. The dessert was okay although. Planet Hollywood we got sick afterwards. I had the fried lasagna and mom had shrimp pasta dish. The only thing wrong with 50's Prime Time is that it took a long time to get seated for lunch.
- Loss of Attractions to fill their greedy corporate pockets with the shops they put in their places.
- Crowds....

Disney has lost that family touch...at least for us. They want to fill the parks to capacity on the off seasons by booking tours...Disney has become yet another greedy corporate just to fill their pockets. I miss the feel you get when you are at Disney and not just another random amusement park who tries to sell you more to line their pockets instead of what Walt Disney imagined for the park to become.

Walt Disney never wanted board walk games they placed in Animal kingdom Dinoland.

Sorry you had a disappointing trip. Sounds like some nice things happened too. It's good to take a break sometimes for sure when you feel it's lost the magic a bit. I agree with you about the crowds, it's hard to find the magic when you fill stuffed in.

Congrats on the free party tickets! We also got free MVMCP tickets last year. It was the last night of the party and a CM started chatting with my husband. He gave us 8 tickets for our entire party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter