Disney Trip After Chemo

2wordsforyou

Earning My Ears
Hey everybody!
Me and my girlfriend are going down for the Princess Races for a week. After we booked the trip in August, she was diagnosed with Stage 4 Lymphoma but it turned out her last treatment is a month before our trip! She’s still going to have a port in but her doctor has cleared her to go. He gave her a letter to give to Disney to show that she may need some accommodations. Anyone have any ideas what they will do? Or does anyone have any tips on what to bring/how to do things? I’ve been to Disney a ton of times but this is the first time I’ve been with someone who needs accommodations so I’m all ears for any advice! Thanks so much!

They will not read a dr note
Go to guest relation and tell them what her needs are ( not her DX ) and go from there

My guess is that the biggest thing is fatigue and I would look into getting a wheelchair or ECV for her so that she can rest when she needs too.

just wondering what the Dr note said she needs or if it was just a general she has been on chemo and she needs ____ type of thing.

Last edited:
As PP mentions, "accommodations" at WDW are based on needs rather than diagnosis, and they won't read a doctor's note. Your girlfriend (or you on her behalf) should be prepared to explain her needs as related to waiting in a standard queue environment. If basically stamina-related, the recommended accommodation will be a wheelchair or ECV or other mobility device. I'd suggest reserving in advance from an off-site vendor, that way she'll have it to/from your resort. There is limited seating around the parks, so a wheelchair or ECV will allow her to sit whenever she needs. She is welcome to park it and walk when she feels up to that.

Accommodations related to her port -- each park has a First Aid location. They may be able to store meds and supplies. They also have private space if she needs to lie down.

This thread may be helpful for you: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...disabled-1st-trip-next-trip-wish-trip.595713/

What concerns do you have for her accommodations? We can offer suggestions if we know more specifics.

Enjoy your vacation!

What accommodations do you believe she needs and why does she need them? What can't she do unless she is accommodated?

Not being mean, but that's the kind of thing you need to think about; they are not going to read a doctor's note, so they need to know her needs.

Last edited:
Hey everybody!
Me and my girlfriend are going down for the Princess Races for a week. After we booked the trip in August, she was diagnosed with Stage 4 Lymphoma but it turned out her last treatment is a month before our trip! She’s still going to have a port in but her doctor has cleared her to go. He gave her a letter to give to Disney to show that she may need some accommodations. Anyone have any ideas what they will do? Or does anyone have any tips on what to bring/how to do things? I’ve been to Disney a ton of times but this is the first time I’ve been with someone who needs accommodations so I’m all ears for any advice! Thanks so much!

What exactly does the doctor think she needs for accommodations?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!