• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney trip July 5-9

disneyma80

Earning My Ears
At long last I get around to posting this report. Had a wonderful time on our trip but was a bit worried as we have never gone in the summer before. We arrived the day after the 4th-and appartently crowds were horrendous then. We just lounged at the DLH pool on the 5th. I HIGHLY recommed staying at one of the Disney hotels. We always have and it worth it! Plus if you book through AAA and stay at one the resort hotels you get a MAJOR bonus: you can get as many fast passes as you want-meaning you don't have to wait for the time to be up on one ride before you get another fast pass. Sometimes we had fast pases for 5-6 different rides at once! Our first day at the park, July 6, there was almost no crowds. So any of you booking for next year, AFTER the 4th is a good time to go. We got a pretty good deal through AAA, and the fast pass extra feature made it really worth it. We also got a coupon book with our package, with coupons for many of the Downtown disney restaurants.

The weather wasn't very warm-I'm from the Seattle area and it is actually warmer here. I think it warmed up after we left. Anyway, a couple of tips: if you are staying at the DLH, the captains galley is a great place for snacks-they had fresh salads, drinks, fruit, cereal, etc. It is hidden so seek it out if you want an alternative to the fried food at crocs bits and bites.

My husband and son spent a lot of time at the ESPN zone, and it is VERY close to the DLH for those who want that feature. On the last day we were at DL, Big Thunder had that accident and closed down. Luckily, we had been on it several times but it is a fun ride at night so we were bummed we didn't get to ride it again. The only other ride that was closed is Space Mtn. In fact, Tommorowland is getting a little boring these days-it needs some new attractions.

We did manage to see Fanstasmic-although we didn't get a good spot early enough, and had to stand. It was worth it,though, so if you haven't seen it, you must try and squeeze it in.

DCA was not crowded at all-it is always a nice break. Tip for TOT: the last elevator is of a thrill than the others. I don't know why. Also, try and find Cruella de-vil. She is hilarious! It's worth a few minutes of great entertainment. Her trailer is just past the Hollywood backdrop (the one you take pictures of).

Downtown Disney is really a great place for food-we loved the new Mexican restaurant there-and check out Compass books for quick awesome salads, and lattes! They are very reasonable. We ate there Friday before we left for the airport-I purchased the book "Mouse Tales, a behind the look at Disneyland"-it is hilarious and I highly recommend it. If you can find it BEFORE you go it's a plus, and there is a sequel too. There is also another book that gives you a lot of things to look for, like "hidden mickeys" that would be fun to have.

Even though my DH has sworn he isn't making the trip again, (that's what he thinks) I LOVE DL! It is truly a magical experience!!:earsgirl:

DisneyMa80-
Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us. I always thought July was "crazy" no matter what - glad to hear the crowds were down. And as far as Compass Books, I have purchased books, calendars and such there and didn't realize they sell salads or food. I must check it our on our next trip to the mouse house. Thanks again:D

Did you eat at Whitewater Snacks? It is by the Grand CA and has great (and fresh) food for reasonable prices. Oh, and my DH never knows he is going back again...soon...real soon...hee hee:)

yr welcome! Yes, we enjoyed whitewater snacks when we stayed at the GC two years ago. But the Captains Galley was so close to our room, pool etc at the DH.

So does your DH balk at going to DL? I guess my DH's main thing is "there must be someplace else to go"-well, when you think about it, where else can you almost Gurantee fun and magic? So I guess next time we will try DWorld, although air fare from Seattle is a lot more!

I love these boards because I feel I'm not alone with my infatuation of Disney. I Love it....:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter