Disney Veteran must do's

sachilles

DVC coming to this space soon
My family and I are headed to WDW in about 10 days. So of course I have disney on the brain.

This will be our 5th trip. We still love it.
That being said, the list of things we haven't done yet is pretty small. For the most parts the remaining things undone are mostly restaurant related, and our son is not that adventurous of an eater.
Planning isn't overwhelming at this point, as think we have that down pretty well.
Where I feel a little guilty is planning things that we've done before and maybe more than once....of course on the flip side, we enjoyed them.
Just curious what the "must do" experiences are for those that have visited multiple times. Things that you just have to do EVERY time.
I feel like I have to always do Pirates of the Caribbean and Spaceship earth. Find a reason to ride the monorail at least once. The safari at least once, and Flight of passage is a new must do.
Yak and Yeti seems to be one we never miss. Jock Lindsey's is a newer favorite as well.
Renting DVC points at AKL, and this will be my first visit there, which I'm eager to see.
Of course we still have some things we haven't done yet, that aren't exactly new things in the parks.
Each time we go, we always say we'll take it a little slower than the last time, but I'm not sure my pedometer really thinks we've been successful slowing down(impossible with a 10 year old).

I must ride the peoplemover. I also also have to get one of the classic disney snacks whether it be popcorn, Mickey bar, or Mickey pretzel.

As an AK fan I can never not visit that park no matter how short the trip is.

Homecomin is becoming more and more every trip for me too. Although I love trying new dining places.

Yeah, peoplemover is another one, not sure why on that one either. Loved it as a kid in the 80's too.
A lot of good restaurants in Disney springs to try, wish it was a little closer to the parks or one park to swing by quickly more often.

I always try to eat somewhere new. I have to have a Mickey ice cream bar in MK. and I try to find something i haven't done before to make sure I do it, for instance, once I made sure to ride the Main Street vehicles, this last time I wanted to try Barnstormer - one and done. LOL. And I have to ride the teacups as to me that is what screams Disneyworld after many years of watching The Wonderful World of Disney on Sunday nites growing up. :)

Last edited:

I have to get a Dole Whip float at least once but sometimes twice each MK day. My must do rides include Space Mountain, Kilimanjaro Safari, Rockin Roller Coaster and Mission Space. My must do restaurants are Sci-Fi, CRT, Tepan Edo, Tiffins and Raglin Road.

Anything that is new or refurbed is always on our list. So, even if something hasn't changed that much, but has been updated (like American Adventure, and HoP) we go watch/ride those. Otherwise it's a collection of all of our favorites, and that's nothing to feel guilty about, that's the best part!

Wedway (;)) is always a must, the carrousel, small world, PP, the train, all those in MK are on our list. Shopping in the Emporium, getting a snack and eating in the Art Festival alcove off of Main... coffee on top of the RR station... wish I were there now! lol

In EPCOT, Soarin, but more than that, the Land, Rio Del Tiempo (;)), Impressions, listening to the Voices of Liberty and the drums in Japan. Grabbing something from the Fountainview and just chilling out. Shopping in Mouse Gear... and just strolling the countries.

In AK; All of Pandora has become a must do for us; both FoP and NRJ, a bite at Satu'li and now an oasis at Nomad's Lounge.

In DHS... no must do's really, but we always check out the new stuff offered.

We have must do's involving the hotels, including a monorail tour, getting out at each stop, breakfast at Kona, shopping at Contempo and Poly...

I don’t feel like I went to Disney if I didn’t ride Splash Mountain. Even it’s a quick trip with very few rides done I make a point to do Splash. I also found a new love of Spice Road Table and will be trying to add that to my dining rotation from now on.

Restaurant wise we always eat at Tutto Italia, Chef Mickeys, and either Rainforest or Trex.

Even though we like to ride most things, I'd say our must rides are:
HS- RNRC, TOT
MK- BUZZ, BTMRR, SPLASH, POC, HM
EP- TT, SOARIN
AK- EVEREST

A swim in the resort pool a couple times is also a must.

No trip is complete until I've ridden the monorail. I also love resort hopping and seeing at least 2 or 3 of the resorts to take pictures.

MK - shop the Emporium, PotC, HM, Tea Cups, Buzz Lightyear Spaceranger Spin, Peoplemover
EP - Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, Test Track, Illuminations
HS - TSM
AK - Kilimanjaro Safaris, a meal at Yak and Yeti

DS - a Salted Carmel Sundae from Ghiradelli's.

I am by no means a Veteran, but the pool at ASMo at night after a day in the parks is my happy place. We're staying off site this next trip and I am going to see if we can swing it.

Since you’re staying at AKL, go around and see the animals at all the different viewing locations. Check out both pools. Enjoy some of the ranger activities in the lobby. Give Boma a shot—lots to choose from, even for the less adventurous. I’m not sure of the minimum age, but maybe a safari tour??

I also highly second the idea for a fireworks cruise—did Wishes from the Poly for my birthday one year and loved it!!

Also on my bucket list are renting SeaRaycers, riding some of the Main Street vehicles, and Keys to the Kingdom. I think I’ve been 10 times now and there’s always something I haven’t done!

Illuminations cruise has been considered, but we would like to share one. I have a post in the boat share thread.
Managed to get a reservation at Spice Road table for Illuminations time, so that will be a new thing for us(the restaurant part). This will likely be our last opportunity to see Illuminations so we are trying to make sure we have a good view.

We are not necessarily veterans compared to many on this site, but we've visited WDW each year for the last 6 years. My must-do list is mostly classic Disney. small world, PotC, HM, BTMRR, Splash Mountain and Space Mountain. I would rather ride PotC than FoP. My family likes more of the modern rides like RnRC, ToT and EE. They are fun, for sure, but to me, WDW is all about MK.
One other must-do is to try something new. A new restaurant, ride, party or resort. This year, we will be staying at the Contemporary for the first time. Last year, we spent more time at DS.

As a Disney Veteran, I re-ride things every visit. Lots of things...too many to name. The secret for me is that I love to read and find out all the history and the hidden gems not only on the rides but in the park (in the stand-by lines and especially Main Street.) There are so many hidden details that no ride can ever get old, even Its a Small World. If you are scared about a ride being stale, try to find out more about the ride either through pod-casts, books or you-tube.

For us the Hoop de Do musical review is the one thing we NEVER miss!!! I didn’t getting to go on JC last visit and I was really sad. IN Epcot we always look forward to the cool zone trying the different sodas. WE have a good laugh every time we go remembering a time that a family who didn’t speak a lick of english conned me into drinking one of the nasty sodas and cracked up laughing at me!! Turkey legs in AK,dole whip at MK, And ice cream in France. Weird must dos lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!