Disney Veteran with Toddler Which Deluxe?

LMO429

DIS Veteran
We go to Disney quite frequently. Before Kids we would always always stay at the beach/yacht club.

Now since we have had our son we have been 4 times with him and we always stay by the Magic Kingdom. My son will be 3 for the next trip and I'm trying to decide where to stay. we have stayed at the Grand and Wilderness Lodge but I'm thinking about the beach club again.

Here are my concerns with the beach club and if you traveled with a toddler let me know otherwise. I'm trying to decide between Copper Creek (which i loved) and Beach Club.

My concerns with beach club is that the pool is just too big and I'm worried it will be hard to navigate with him at that pool. Also our Last stay at Copper Creek WL had a ton of actives for the kids at the resort. Any input appreciated.

Not interested in AKL I have stayed before and while beautiful its too far from everything TIA

Here are my concerns with the beach club and if you traveled with a toddler let me know otherwise. I'm trying to decide between Copper Creek (which i loved) and Beach Club.

My concerns with beach club is that the pool is just too big and I'm worried it will be hard to navigate with him at that pool. Also our Last stay at Copper Creek WL had a ton of actives for the kids at the resort. Any input appreciated.

Not interested in AKL I have stayed before and while beautiful its too far from everything TIA

Ours were 3 and 6 when we stayed at Beach Club and I wouldn’t do it again until they are a bit older. The pool area is huge and spread out. While it is very nice, it was too much running all over the place.
Personally I would go with a monorail resort since it would be easiest with a stroller. :)

Ours were 3 and 6 when we stayed at Beach Club and I wouldn’t do it again until they are a bit older. The pool area is huge and spread out. While it is very nice, it was too much running all over the place.
Personally I would go with a monorail resort since it would be easiest with a stroller. :)

Ok you are confirming my initial thoughts. So far the WL has been the easiest option other than Contemporary as far as getting back and forth to the MK but we do a lot of resort time as well since we visit the parks so often.

I would go with CR. It's the most convenient to the MK with the walking path, plus you can monorail to other resorts for dinner, or to EPCOT while leaving your toddler in the stroller.

You also have decent food options right at the hotel with CM and Contempo Cafe.

Before I became a DVC member, it was my favorite resort, which is why I bought BLT points. :love:

My son was 18 months last trip. We stayed at WL and all 3 of us loved it. We thought the theme was great for a young child and he loved the MK boat. We picked the Poly for our next trip, when he will be a few days shy of 3. We considered BC, but decided we would do that one when he is a little older. I think he will enjoy the pool more later, and the lack of a true QS restaurant at BC bugs me. It’s easier to “grab n go” with older kids/adults.

Full disclosure, I’ve only stayed BC one night, so I’m no BC expert for sure. It was just me and DS6 at the time. While SAB is awesome, of course, it was WAY too big for me. I was used to the more confined pools like WL, GF, Poly, CR, which I find easier to handle as a parent. SAB was just too big, too many little nooks/crannies, and the slide entrance outside the pool was a big downer.

Maybe it was just the crowd on my one day, but in some ways it felt like the poolside activities were geared more towards a bit older kids than what we’ve experienced at other resorts.

We look forward to future BC/YC stays when our kids are older, but for now it’s not a great fit for us.

FWIW on the discussion above, I’d rather stay WL vs CR with kiddos. CR has inferior pools (no zero entry, older style, not splash pad, etc). With a three year old, I’d rather go with WL for sure.

Happy planning!

We did Poly with 3 yr old twins and stayed in the Studio. The studio was a pretty good size for a Disney room and it had a stand up shower sink in addition to the normal bathroom. It helps so that 2 can get ready at the same time. Poly also worked great because it was on the Monorail and we did MK a couple days. It is also walking distance from Transportation Station so you have a one hop monorail to Epcot as well.

We stayed at the Poly when my DS was just shy of turning 2. It worked great being able to stroll him right onto the monorail and into Magic Kingdom. Our next trip we will be staying at WL and DS will just be shy of 3. I'm very much looking forward to staying at WL. The pool looks awesome and it just seems to be a great resort for younger kids. We always visit WL when at Disney and DS loved the boat ride over. I really don't think you can go wrong with any MK resort.

We stayed at the Poly when my DS was just shy of turning 2. It worked great being able to stroll him right onto the monorail and into Magic Kingdom. Our next trip we will be staying at WL and DS will just be shy of 3. I'm very much looking forward to staying at WL. The pool looks awesome and it just seems to be a great resort for younger kids. We always visit WL when at Disney and DS loved the boat ride over. I really don't think you can go wrong with any MK resort.

We stayed at WL in May with our son (18 months at the time) and it was fabulous! The pool has a great kiddie splash area and he loved the boat ride to MK! They also have lawn games in the evenings...he obviously didn’t know how to play anything, but he liked looking at the stuff.

We’ve done YC twice with toddlers and loved it - the pool was great and the sand and zero entry were nice.

Another bonus was that we could let the kids fall asleep in the stroller in the evening while we walked to Epcot or the boardwalk for a drink, show, etc.

We've done GF w/twin toddlers and loved it. Monorail to MK; splash play pad area for little ones, electric water pageant to see from grounds. Fun shops for mom after toddlers are asleep in room with DH, lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter