Disney Villains After Hours

Strictly speculation, but I also have to wonder if some executives are going to be watching this to see how much people love villains for a possible villain park or land somewhere in the far future

Will probably go again (we just went on March 21st) but are the free drinks and snacks still available? The link only mentions snacks and merchandise for purchase. We'll be back at Disney mid July.

The price is off putting. Even at the AP rate, it's hard for me to find value in this event without meet and greets. I'm not someone who snacks in the parks, so free drinks and snacks do not hold value for me either.

With all that said, I'd still expect this event to do very well. I love the idea myself, just not the plan for implementation.

Strictly speculation, but I also have to wonder if some executives are going to be watching this to see how much people love villains for a possible villain park or land somewhere in the far future
And part of me is wondering if they are watching to see if they can sell a party without all those pesky (i.e. expensive) meet and greets.

And part of me is wondering if they are watching to see if they can sell a party without all those pesky (i.e. expensive) meet and greets.

I think you might be onto something.

This is the current description of MK DAH:
“On select nights now through May 2019, don’t miss your chance to skip the wait times for more than 25 popular attractions and Character Greetings....”

This is the description of the new Villain DAH:
“Enjoy access to more than 20 popular Magic Kingdom attractions with low wait times...”

There’s no mention of meet & greets at all in the new one, and the offerings drop from more than 25 to more than 20.

When I first heard it announced I was really hoping it was a trial run for a new villian themed park, I still hope it is but I agree if their going to have a high ticketed price for the event than their should be villian meet and greets for sure!

At least for the price of MNSSHP/MVMCP you get the unique meet and greets, as well as the special parade and fireworks - definitely too high IMHO for what you get.

They added the villains theme to justify the price increase. As someone who loved DAH just as it was, it is not worth the $14 per person for my family of 4 for these changes. We would not be interested in a stage show and that seems to be the only real add. We see festival of fantasy every trip, no need to see the dragon at night and I wouldn’t pay extra for an overlay. They are trying to force the DAH price point back to where they started it when it didn’t sell.

The price is off putting. Even at the AP rate, it's hard for me to find value in this event without meet and greets. I'm not someone who snacks in the parks, so free drinks and snacks do not hold value for me either.

With all that said, I'd still expect this event to do very well. I love the idea myself, just not the plan for implementation.
For me, as long as the keep the max cap the same, then I am ok with the price for a virtually empty park, especially since I will watch a little bit of the villain stuff, but mostly be interested in the attractions with virtually no waits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter