Disney Villains After Hours

I’m assuming because the last time they attempted something similar, the lines were well over an hour just for one character. There were tons of complaints
Yep, but personally, I would love to see them have the meet and greets and then everyone would be in line for them and even shorter lines for all of the rides.

For me, as long as the keep the max cap the same, then I am ok with the price for a virtually empty park, especially since I will watch a little bit of the villain stuff, but mostly be interested in the attractions with virtually no waits.

They won't keep the same or even near the same. They've changed the wording on the event to "low wait times." There's no reason for them to do any of this unless they want a new summer party. I think this will be a lot more like the Halloween and Christmas parties than the original DAH. Maybe not quite as crowded -- though it wouldn't surprise me if they are -- but bringing in hard-to-see villains is a way to increase crowds. Merchandise is a way to increase interest and crowds. Special treats, time to clear the park, all that stuff, shows me they are creatine a new night time party. They've got no reason to augment DAH -- it's been doing fine and the crowds have been increasing -- unless they want to change its paradigm from "low crowds, multiple rides" to "smaller crowds, new stuff to see, unique experience." Just like the parties.

I will be staying at WDW for four days prior to our seven night Disney Cruise and as chance would have it, my scheduled day for the MK is June 6th. I was all over this, kept my ADR for California Grill at 7:45 but made another for CG at 5:10 PM in case I was able to buy the tickets for this event. After reading it and realizing there is no meet & greets and the mention of food and beverage for purchase, it seems to me to be nothing like ticketed events such as MNSSHP or MVMCP, and for that reason, "I'm out."

I was watching for DAH for my adult DD as she has sensory issues. I thought it be a great way to have her visit without the added stress of crowds and long lines. I’m debating with the Villains overlay, though. I’m worried it will be more crowded than the regular DAH and possibly more... “spooky” (relatively speaking with the theme.) She’d be fine with additional music, but any hard to identify noises and lights might be a challenge. Any thoughts on this would be welcomed :)

Some of these dates overlap with Moonlight Magic. Unless a person is local, DVC Members, at least, would have to choose between one or the other during their trip.

They won't keep the same or even near the same. They've changed the wording on the event to "low wait times." There's no reason for them to do any of this unless they want a new summer party. I think this will be a lot more like the Halloween and Christmas parties than the original DAH. Maybe not quite as crowded -- though it wouldn't surprise me if they are -- but bringing in hard-to-see villains is a way to increase crowds. Merchandise is a way to increase interest and crowds. Special treats, time to clear the park, all that stuff, shows me they are creatine a new night time party. They've got no reason to augment DAH -- it's been doing fine and the crowds have been increasing -- unless they want to change its paradigm from "low crowds, multiple rides" to "smaller crowds, new stuff to see, unique experience." Just like the parties.
If I pay for it and the crowds are higher, you can bet I will be saying something.

Some of these dates overlap with Moonlight Magic. Unless a person is local, DVC Members, at least, would have to choose between one or the other during their trip.
Not for my dates, unfortunately there is no Moonlight Magic in June that I can see.

If I pay for it and the crowds are higher, you can bet I will be saying something.

Me, too. While I won't be going - my teenage daughter and her BFF are - I'll ask them for a rundown on how the night went. If it doesn't seem like the money was well spent, I have no problem speaking my mind about that.

Me, too. While I won't be going - my teenage daughter and her BFF are - I'll ask them for a rundown on how the night went. If it doesn't seem like the money was well spent, I have no problem speaking my mind about that.
Exactly, if we do it, we will be doing the first night of it on June 6, so I will let you know as well if we do go.

For a current version of DAH, it’s $500. For a Friday October MNSSHP it’s $460
For Halloween night MNSSHP it’s $540

So it’s on par with what’s out there now and selling very well.
And if you have an AP or are a DVC member the price is closer to $450.

I can justify the cost (in my mind) for like a Christmas party. But I'm not so sure about the Villain show. I'd consider it more if it had more package deals.

But they have no shortage of people buying in, so I guess it works.

I can justify the cost (in my mind) for like a Christmas party. But I'm not so sure about the Villain show. I'd consider it more if it had more package deals.

But they have no shortage of people buying in, so I guess it works.

I'm in agreement with you on this one. When I first read about it I was thinking, OK, I'm in on this one. After reading about it, seems like nothing more than a show in front of the castle, a nighttime parade where Maleficent makes a debut spewing fire at night, an opportunity to hop on rides with less people in the park, and a wonderful opportunity to BUY cookies, desserts, beverages, and souvenirs. I guess for the fewer people and hoping on rides, some will find this a deal. To each their own. If this is more like MNSSHP or MVMCP I'm in. But for me and my house, I think I'm going to pass on this one. Disney is just not offering me enough to fork over this kind of money to hop on a couple of rides.

I'm in agreement with you on this one. When I first read about it I was thinking, OK, I'm in on this one. After reading about it, seems like nothing more than a show in front of the castle, a nighttime parade where Maleficent makes a debut spewing fire at night, an opportunity to hop on rides with less people in the park, and a wonderful opportunity to BUY cookies, desserts, beverages, and souvenirs. I guess for the fewer people and hoping on rides, some will find this a deal. To each their own. If this is more like MNSSHP or MVMCP I'm in. But for me and my house, I think I'm going to pass on this one. Disney is just not offering me enough to fork over this kind of money to hop on a couple of rides.

It’s just a themed DAH. The popcorn, ice cream & bottled drinks are still included. They are just offering a few additional purchase options & a stage show.

It’s just a themed DAH. The popcorn, ice cream & bottled drinks are still included. They are just offering a few additional purchase options & a stage show.

My bad, I stand corrected on the popcorn, ice cream, and bottled drinks. Still not enough like MNSSHP or MVMCP to entice me. But for those who will pay the money, no attack or judgment from me. Just at this point, I don't think I'm going to be doing it for my June 6th day at the MK. I really wanted to, but just not enough for me.

My bad, I stand corrected on the popcorn, ice cream, and bottled drinks. Still not enough like MNSSHP or MVMCP to entice me. But for those who will pay the money, no attack or judgment from me. Just at this point, I don't think I'm going to be doing it for my June 6th day at the MK. I really wanted to, but just not enough for me.

I completely understand. We’ve decided to guinea pig the 6/6 event since it’s our only chance. But I’m definitely concerned about ticket caps.

I completely understand. We’ve decided to guinea pig the 6/6 event since it’s our only chance. But I’m definitely concerned about ticket caps.
Me too and we are doing the same, probably see you there if it isn't too crowded....LOL

But you can bet if it is too crowded, we will say something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter