DIsney Visa 6 months Deferred for Cruise Questions

Julia M

DIS Veteran<br><font color =red>not clever, not wi
Hello,
I booked two cruises and need to pay the deposit. I booked two because I'm not positive when my spring break will be in 2020. So in Feb or March I will keep one cruise and cancel the other.

If I charge both to the Disney VISA and defer payment 6 months (interest free), what happens if I cancel one cruise? Does it just go away or will I owe interest, because I didn't end up using it?

Thanks

Hello,
I booked two cruises and need to pay the deposit. I booked two because I'm not positive when my spring break will be in 2020. So in Feb or March I will keep one cruise and cancel the other.

If I charge both to the Disney VISA and defer payment 6 months (interest free), what happens if I cancel one cruise? Does it just go away or will I owe interest, because I didn't end up using it?

Thanks

What are you sail or not is of no concern to Chase. They just do no interest for those Disney charges.

Hello,

Thanks
There’s so deffered payments it’s just interest free for 6 months. If you cancel it just goes away. Any balance left over after 6 months will start accruing intersest.

If I charge both to the Disney VISA and defer payment 6 months (interest free), what happens if I cancel one cruise?

Just to clarify -- you cannot defer payment, it's zero-interest for 6 months but you will need to make minimum payments. If you have other charges on your card, be sure to pay that balance in full plus the minimum payment amount.

When you cancel one cruise, that charge will be reversed and it should cancel off your statement. When you receive any credit/refund on your Disney Visa card, that amount gets applied to any zero-balance offer. So if you have already made any payment(s) towards the associated deposit when you cancel, the credit will be applied to the remaining zero-interest balance (the other cruise) on your credit card account. When you call to cancel you, may be able to ask DCL to apply the funds paid o the other cruise but the credit card would not reflect that.

Clear as mud? Yeah, it's kind of confusing, especially if it takes you a few months to do the cancellation.

Enjoy your cruise!

I don't have Disney's Visa, so not sure if this applies with their offer, but I would also check to be sure if after 6 months, if you are then paying interest on the entire balance if you haven't paid it off in that time or just the remaining balance. Typically, with these types of offers, you are then paying interest on the entire amount if any balance is still unpaid.

I don't have Disney's Visa, so not sure if this applies with their offer, but I would also check to be sure if after 6 months, if you are then paying interest on the entire balance if you haven't paid it off in that time or just the remaining balance. Typically, with these types of offers, you are then paying interest on the entire amount if any balance is still unpaid.
You only pay interest on remaining balance

I'd phone my issuer, and confirm, if it were me. Also, if you use the card for anything else, where do any payments get allocated? In paying off the rest of your bill, will you actually be paying off the cruises (first in the queue) and then be accruing interest on the new purchases? Give them a call and be sure you know how everything works before you make your decision. As someone else mentioned, also make sure that the interest doesn't accrue for 6 months and then gets applied to the account.

You do have to pay a minimum payment each month. It does not accrue interest, you only pay interest on anything you didn't pay off by the end of the 6 months. You can avoid interest on new purchases if you pay the minimum payment plus the new purchases balance. Credits and refunds payoff the 0 interest first. The Disney Visa is one of the easier cards to track how long is left on your offer and tracks each offer separately if you've done more than one that overlaps, that is all displayed on your monthly statement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter