Disney Visa - charging for rewards then paying it immediately?

The return percentage on the Disney Visa is not great. The initial bonus of $200 for spending $500 is a good enough deal but after you earn that, you are much better off switching to one of the Chase no fee cash back cards like the Freedom. That one has 5% cash back categories every quarter with no annual fee. You'll earn points faster and you can use the cash back for WDW or anything else instead of getting a smaller payout with the Disney card and locking yourself in to only one option for spending your rewards.
I agree there are better options but it seems people, including my wife, like the card because it forces them to use it for Disney spend. Plus, she likes her discontinued card design. She uses that one all the time, and I use my Amex Blue Cash Preferred for the 6%/3% combo. I cash out yearly on Disney gift cards at the grocery store for the 6% back on those. Seem like a vicious cycle.

I got an email from Disney Visa today about signing up to pay specific utility bills (internet, cable, phone service, insurance and utilities) and earning 4% between April 1 and August 31, up to $500. We just decided to book a trip over Christmas break, so I'm all about that! Unfortunately, every time I've clicked the link to sign up, it says the site is undergoing maintenance and is unavailable.

I'm totally with the OP though, if I do this, I would probably AT LEAST pay the bill once a week to keep up with what we are spending. I'm just not disciplined enough to hold that money back in my checking account until once a month when it's time to pay the Visa bill. I would like to try what others do and use it for everything...groceries, gas, restaurants, the pet store, anywhere and everywhere I use my debit card. That would add up to a nice chunk of change for our trip in December.

It's a legit offer, but they apparently had some glitch with the website earlier this week. It should be working now. :-)

How do I get that same offer!? I just got the card last month. Great offer!

It's apparently "targeted" meaning you must be invited by Chase (or otherwise on their list as "eligible".) It comes as an email, though I've heard a couple people tried calling. Unfortunately it's not available to everyone.

It's been about 2.5 years since we went to Disney and we have enough points to pay for a week at Arts of Animation, DDP, and 5 day Hopper tickets for 2 adults and 3 children. We love our Platinum Disney Visa Card! Just pay in full every month so you don't get charged the outrageous interest fees!!

It's been about 2.5 years since we went to Disney and we have enough points to pay for a week at Arts of Animation, DDP, and 5 day Hopper tickets for 2 adults and 3 children. We love our Platinum Disney Visa Card! Just pay in full every month so you don't get charged the outrageous interest fees!!
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

:worship::worship::worship::worship:

I requested a redemption card this week for the first time, and was quite surprisedo_O that they charged me $40.00 in "points" for the card itself. I better guard that thing with my life once it arrives.

I requested a redemption card this week for the first time, and was quite surprisedo_O that they charged me $40.00 in "points" for the card itself. I better guard that thing with my life once it arrives.
Cards are free with a minimum load of $20. You can refill the card with as little as $10. There is no actual charge for the card. I would call and check with Chase if you did get charged.

I suspect you actually ordered a redemption card that will be loaded with $40. As the PP noted, they don't charge for the redemption card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts