Disney Visa/Free Dining?

6loversofdisney

DIS Veteran
This question would be for someone who recently got free dining using their Disney Visa.

I get free dining and get what I want because I stay awake all night on the day it's scheduled to roll out so that I can book it online. Learning that nowadays if you wait to call in, the phone lines will be jammed and a lot of choices will be already booked up.

With this said, I have to go in the earlier part of August which will only be available to Disney Visa holders .

My strange question is, since this is the first time I'm using the DV, will it give me those dates as a choice online or will I be forced to call in and wait for a rep?

You can book online with the link above --- I would bookmark the link because I'm sure it will be similar next year.

I am going with the Visa dates, but I already had a package booked when the dates were released, so I did have to call to have the FD offer added to my existing reservation. If I hadn't had a reservation already, I could have booked with the link above. I thought about canceling my previous trip and rebooking with the link, but I had paid a lot on my reservations with gift cards and didn't want to deal with having them reloaded again.

The link was hard to find the day it was released. I couldn't find it on the Disney Visa page or on the MDE. I am thankful for the person who did find it and post it on these boards, or I don't know if I would have every found it.

You can book online with the link above --- I would bookmark the link because I'm sure it will be similar next year.

I am going with the Visa dates, but I already had a package booked when the dates were released, so I did have to call to have the FD offer added to my existing reservation. If I hadn't had a reservation already, I could have booked with the link above. I thought about canceling my previous trip and rebooking with the link, but I had paid a lot on my reservations with gift cards and didn't want to deal with having them reloaded again.

The link was hard to find the day it was released. I couldn't find it on the Disney Visa page or on the MDE. I am thankful for the person who did find it and post it on these boards, or I don't know if I would have every found it.

This was extremely helpful!! Thank you .

So if I am planning to go in March 2019 when might I know if they have a Visa Free Dining Offer

Free Dining is typically only August/Sept Nov/Dec for US. The additional dates for Disney Visa was only about 17 additional days at the beginning of August (8/2-8/19) The general public free dining started on 8/20 through September 29. Then some November and December dates.

I also was grateful to the poster who shared the link, it was not easy to find!

OP- I have found that the DV offers, which used to give you a few days heads start are not quite the same any longer. I also just stayed up all night to book my FD room because I had to find lodging for 7. Once I found the link I checked it, but at first it was not even working properly.

I do suggest checking the link though, becuase in the past I have found better choices thatn with the GP offer.

I noticed on the link that it said 5night 6 day packages. If I book for a week do they include the FD for the seven days or just the 5 night package? thank you

I noticed on the link that it said 5night 6 day packages. If I book for a week do they include the FD for the seven days or just the 5 night package? thank you

Minimum 5 night; maximum 14 nights. You'll have FD the entire week, so long as your first night's stay falls within the FD period.

I have a Disney Visa and had NO idea this was a thing! Wish I'd known about it earlier!!

The Disney Visa perk used to be a lot more pronounced. YOu got an email in advance (usually) and had a few days head start. Teh inventory was and still is, separate from the GP inventory so competition for rooms was fierce. But not any where near the way it is now.

Now the email, if there is one, appears after the offer is open to the GP, and this year the link was posted here before anywhere else. It was wonky at best.

The Visa is still a good thing to have for offers because the inventory is separate, and sometimes after the initial shuffle you can find a standard view where none existed in the GP offer.

I've been debating cancelling my Disney Visa card after our vacation is over. Other sites I've seen do comparisons have suggested that you get a better bang for your buck with a cashback card and just putting that money into a savings account.

If there are more 'secret' perks to the Disney Visa like this one though, I may want to rethink that.

I've been debating cancelling my Disney Visa card after our vacation is over. Other sites I've seen do comparisons have suggested that you get a better bang for your buck with a cashback card and just putting that money into a savings account.

If there are more 'secret' perks to the Disney Visa like this one though, I may want to rethink that.

There are some available. Some restaurant offer a discount, as well as resort Spas. It adds up. The free interest on a Disney for 6 months is nice too.

If you go to shows on Broadway there are some perks, but not necessarily discounts. There are VIP seating and some gifts upon arrival.

There's also the Disney Visa character meet & greet in Epcot. Does anyone know who is likely to be there or is it just a rotating cast?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!