Disney Wedding Accessories?

jenpooh

2002 Disney Bride
Ok, we've nailed down a wedding date. We know it will be small (less than 50 people), and we know we want it disney themed. Found the cutest invitations, but haven't had any luck with cake toppers, and that type of stuff.

Anybody know any good links online for this type of merchandise? I thought I'd heard once that you could buy direct from Disney Weddings online, but I can't find the site.

Thanks!

We have a Wedgewood Cinderella and the Prince dancing that has been suggested as a cake topper in our store. I don't know how much you were looking to spend, it's a little expensive. Another option would be to call WDW Guest Services Merchandise directly if you were interested in the Mickey/Minnie cake topper they have available for sale in the parks. I don't have the number handy, but your local TDS should be able to give it to you.

Good luck!

My daughter has been a Mickey Mouse "addict" since day one and when she and her husband were married back in '95 and we all went to pick out the tuxedos lo and behold they had a MICKEY MOUSE vest that you could choose as opposed to the traditional vest.. Guess who wore that vest on his wedding day? Don't know how we ever talked him into it but I'm assuming it was due to "true love".. :) Also, my daughter had a wedding Mickey/Minnie figurine I had bought her a year or two prior to that and she used it as the topper on her small wedding cake..

My best to you and your intended.. May you have much peace and happiness for many, many years...

There are tons of Mickey and Minnie wedding items on ebay. I bought a cute Mickey garter on ebay. Just do a search for "Disney wedding" and you should come up with lots of stuff. Hope this helps!

I love your invitations! I got the Merchandise number for WDW for you (hope it's the right one!) I think they can help you find some wedding things you'll need. You'll have to get the wedding Ears hats too! :D
Here's the number: 407-824-2222

Good luck!

Hey Jen!

Guess what? Those are the same invitations that my fiancee (Frank) and I are using!!!
We are getting married on April 20/02 and honeymooning at the GF!!!

You want Mickey stuff? I've found it all...lol!

We are going to make it a 'Renaissance' flair (castles, wrought iron candles) - to tie in the whole 'fairy tale' theme - alas Mickey and Minnie!!!

I've been getting stuff for over a year now (since the engagement). I have: invitations (same as yours), mickey bride/groom antennea toppers, mickey/minnie wedding cake topper, mickey/minnie cake server set/ mickey/minnie toasting flutes, mickey icon silver confetti for the tables, mickey/minnie bride&groom ears & regular ears for the entire bridal party (yes they are going to kill us...lol), mickey icon garter...and I made our church programs, thank you's and money box with the same graphic that is on the invitations (I'm in marketing and graphic design so I am pretty good with a computer-I just scanned it in and worked with it)...the DJ is even going to project the invitation picuture on the wall at the reception!! I also bought a cookie cutter shaped of Mickey's head that I am going to make cookies with a put them at the reception table....

...and the wedding cake? You guessed it - we found someone who is going to re-create Cinderella's castle for us (all edible...yum!) I would put a picture of it here - but I don't know how to do that...if you are interested, I can email you a picture.

If you need help as to where to get all this stuff - just ask and I'll be happy to answer!

Have fun with it - I sure did!

Christine,

Congrats! I envy you the GF..we're thinking about the Poly or the Contemporary for the honeymoon. Not sure yet, but we're spending 3 nights at the Poly next month to check it out :)

How do you like the invitations? I requested a sample, so I'm waiting on that to make a final decision on them. Where did you get yours from?
I'd love to know where you found the cake server set, and the cake topper. I've seen the flutes, ears, etc. but haven't had much luck with anything else. You'd think there'd be more out there, wouldn't you? Did you have any luck with favors? I'm going to keep an eye open when we're there in December. Since we're having such a small wedding (less than 50 people) I thought it might be fun to do something a little special.

We're not really going for the whole castle/fairy tale theme, but I loved the colors on the invites and thought we could take that and run with it :)

Thanks for your help!

Jen

Hey Jen - you do know that the GF is not THAT much more then the POLY - right? Plus - at your time of year, you can probably get really good AP rates on it...just a thought.

I absolutely LOVE the invites - I actually had 5 samples of Mickey/Minnie invites altogether...lol!
And this one was by FAR the nicest! I searched the web high and low for them, and I found the cheapest place to be Gail's Stationairy. Im at work - but I have the phone number and web address at home, I will email the info to you if you like. Not only was she cheaper then everywhere else, it was super fast (had my invites within a week), she is also VERY friendly and goes over every detail with you, just to make certain there are no mistakes - I highly recommend her service!!!

The cake server set and cake topper are no longer available from Disney - anywhere - I got mine from ebay. Just go to www.ebay.com and in the search put in: disney wedding . I guess I'll hear from you next week when your finished looking at all the stuff...lol! You can find all kinds of stuff here!!!! Good Luck!

If you are going to the World next month - I would hold off until then for the hats, flutes and such - that way you can pick your own. Did you know that there is a 'wedding store' right beside the chapel at the GF???? I just found this out like a few months ago!!! Disney doesnt advertise it because they don't own it - but they have lots of beautiful Mickey/Minnie and Cinderella wedding stuff for sale here. This is where I got my flutes from...not the ones that you see everywhere.

Favors? Forget it!! Table centerpieces? Forget it - unless you want to pay big bucks that is! For our favours, we put mickey/minnie thank you tags though! We just put hidden mickeys where ever possible.

Yeah - based on the invites, we are using the whole lavender/silver theme too!

Your so right - I would think that Disney would have tons of wedding stuff...I mean it is the honeymoon capital of the US?!?

Good Luck!

Christine,

I'd love it if you'd send me that info on the invitations. The cheapest place I've seen them so far is thepartyblock.com.

No luck on ebay for the cake server set.. will have to make that a daily ritual now :) I'm going to try to find something while we're at Disney for favors. And no, I didn't know about the wedding store by GF. Will definately check that out! :)

You can email that info to me at weddingmail@earthlink.net.

Thanks a bunch!

I just returned from my wedding and honeymoon at the GF. I searched all over Disney for a Disney Wedding Album. No luck. Any info on that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I think those are the invitations we are going to use, too. Have you been to www.yourfairytale.com? They have some interesting disney wedding merchandise that can be ordered from WDW. I think we're going to get the guestbook, pen holder, and a set of the tie-ons for the cake servers. We've been looking for place card holders (maybe Mickey's hand) but haven't found anything yet. Good luck!:)

Regarding the place card holders...what about picture frames or the picture holders they have in TDS right now? They have the castle with a wire coming up that is designed to hold pictures, but would work equally well with place cards. I tried to find a picture at disney.com but no luck. Check your local TDS to see what I mean - it might work!

Sorceror, I think I saw the picture holders you're talking about at TDS. I thought of using them, also, but we really wanted something w/Mickey. I was talking to someone at WDW merchandise the other day, and she suggested a wind up Mickey & Minnie that they have. She says they're in their wedding finery and look like they are dancing. We ordered one to take a look. Thanks for your help!:D

Wow - haven't seen that one yet! Wonder if it's really "new" or just in new condition. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for this...hope my store gets it!

Nice to see you on another board!! :D

Hehe. Don't worry. No plans yet. Just thought I'd lurk about on some of the other boards.

Shari

I think that's just new condition. I'm pretty certain that the DS has retired that album. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!