Disney Wedding Pavilion at 12 noon or 6 p.m. - Day Wedding or night wedding?

melissadanny2003

Earning My Ears
I have a few questions. When I called Disney I was told that I can book the wedding pavilion for 12 noon or 6 p.m. on February 11, 2003. I booked it for 6 p.m. but I was thinking maybe I should change it to 12 noon because I'm planning on wearing a
strapless wedding dress. Here is the url to the picture of the dress I picked

http://a532.g.akamaitech.net/7/532/806/88815ebd423834/images.theknot.com/moonlightdesign/CT2043m.jpg

I was told that it will start to get dark at 6:10 p.m. I kind of wanted to have the view of the castle in the window of the wedding pavilion for the pictures. Also, if I plan a night wedding I guess I can't have a white dove release in the dark. How will
bubbles look in the dark???

I checked on the internet and was told the high in Orlando for February is about 73 and the low is about 50. Do you think 6 p.m. may be to cold for the wedding dress that I picked out? I think an evening wedding would be pretty but I don't want to be cold in my dress. Also, I'm more of a night person and if I picked 6 it could give me the whole day to take my time and get ready but I do want the view of the windows and stuff in the pictures. Please help me pick.

I think the dress is appropriate for a wedding at any time, day or evening. As to the weather, don't worry. We had a December wedding and I wore a short sleeve dress. I hunted and stressed over finding a shawl and never did. I never needed one that day. However, you could plan for either time and the weather could be either hot or cold, so don't let that rule you!

As for day or evening in general, I suggest thinking about what you plan to do for a "reception" and the realistic amount of time it will take. We wanted an Illuminations party, we wanted to have dinner and dancing, and we wanted to get to our wedding night hotel at a decent hour. We got married at 4, appetizers at 5, dinner at 6, dancing and cake at 7 and Illuminations was at 9:30. As a bonus they got us seats at the Candlelight Processional, so dancing was cut a bit shorter than planned but it turned out we didn't mind. We all got to dance with everyone, much easier to do when there are 30 of you! Anyhow, if there are other event things you have your heart set on do them, and just make sure you leave enough time for you and your new husband to be alone together.

wedding I guess I can't have a white dove release in the dark.

I just posted an article in today's paper that WDW has eliminated the dove releases. The hawks were eating the poor pigeons. :(

I don't think your dress needs to be a consideration as to whether it's day or night. I would plan on having some type of wrap in either case. In February, you just never know what the weather might be. It could be in the high 50's-low 60's during the day on your wedding. Or it could be in the 70-80's range.

I agree with ahutton that your reception plans are probably the key to your decision. I believe that if you want the evening wedding but also daytime pictures, that could be arranged. It would be your decision as to whether or not you want your groom to see you before the ceremony.

I just did a historical search on www.wunderground.com for the weather on Feb. 11 over the last 5 years. The temps have been pretty good and even at 5:00-6:00 it's generally around 70.

Last year the high for the day was 74 and the low 57.

Previous years were as follows:

2001- 84/56
2000- 76/46
1999 - 81/62
1998 - 79/55

I am getting married June 16 next year and had the same thought about wedding time. We picked 12pm beacuse it allowed us to have the reception starting before 2pm, so is will help keep cost down. My MOH also pointed out that most guests will have some sort of park hopper/ length of stay pass -- so you can still do Illuminations or fireworks at the magic kingdom as a group and it's already paid for!:D

I would prefer an earlier time for a wedding. Mickey76 and I are getting married at the Wedding Pavillion in July of 2004 ( I know so far away :( ) Anyways, we are planning on doing the ceremony hopefully around 10 in the morning. That way we can have a lunch time reception. After that we hope to get everyone together at night for an Illuminations cruise. So if it were me I'd pick 12 instead of 6.

We picked a 12 noon ceremony time, because we wanted to avoid those Florida afternoon showers. They seemed to start any time from 3 pm to 6 pm when we were at WDW in September, so we are hoping we'll be safe with a noon wedding. The showers may only be a summer phenomena, though, so might not affect your wedding at all.
Cheers!
Heather P

My husband and I had our wedding on 02/02/02 at 10am at Disney's Wedding Pavilion. The weather was beautiful. Our reception stared at noon. If the day light and being able to see out the windows you might want to see if the noon time period is still avaliable. I don't remember it being cold during the weekend of our wedding. We wore polos to our Illuminations Party (we used this for our rehersal party) Although as soon as we left for our honeymoon the weather got colder. If you want to see the pics from our Fairy Tale Wedding at the Wedding Pavilion. www.mebweb.com/wedding
Feel Free to e-mail with any ?

Cast Member Tinkerbell

02/02/02 at 10am

;) Oh, too bad you didn't have your ceremony at 2:00 p.m.!

What a great anniversary date. One that's hard to forget. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter