"Disney, what has to happen for you to decide that MDE does not work?"

Has it gotten even worse in the past two years? I don't remember it being quite this terrible. It won't show me my plans 80% of the time, over the last month. It's ridiculous.

I'm not really sure, but for the first time we had awful trouble with the app while at the parks a couple weeks ago. I was there in May and November of last year and at least yearly for the past 5 years and never had so much trouble with it. Once in a blue moon it would take a little longer, but this was repeated all day long issues every day of our trip. The last day we were there I couldn't even get it to work past logging in. It made for a lot of frustration.

Over the past month, I made two military discounted package reservations (dining and resort). The first I made for October 2019 at Fort Wilderness and the second I made for Port Orleans French Quarter in May 2019. Later I also called to change the dining plan tier.

On the website, I could see both package reservations. On the app, I could only see my May reservation. I prepared myself for challenges when I had to make ADRs for May this past Friday, but didn’t experience any. Since that time, I am also now able to see my October reservation in the DME app.

Here’s hoping they resolve all of these issues by the time I need to book my FPs. Disney already requires a lot of forthought and planning to vacation with them. We should not also have to have anxiety or a “plan B” for system issues with MDE.

I would really be p/o if I paid the $50 extra per day for extra fast passes.

I haven’t stayed CL so no $50 extra FP option. Do they have to book through MDE for those or does concierge do it for them. Maybe they have a magical back door?

I haven’t stayed CL so no $50 extra FP option. Do they have to book through MDE for those or does concierge do it for them. Maybe they have a magical back door?

I am not sure, I just remember reading a while back you have the option of purchasing the extra fast passes for those staying at Club Level.

Just curious................. has anyone called into the help desk in the last couple of days? I was wondering what "magical updates" you were told was going on to prevent any plans from being seen by any devise.

The my Disney Experience plans page is showing blank with "Please try again later, we are unable to display plans at this time" or something like that. Apparently this is happening on both our and their ends. I have called the help desk both today and yesterday, and the agents seem to not know the root of the problem either. The app seems to be working and thats what the agent suggested that I try. I was able to pull my reservation and tickets with no problem. The only issue (that they know of) is viewing the plans page. You should still be able to access the family and friends, magicbands page, photos etc (you would just have to hover over the mde tab in the top right, aka the old way before the my plans page came along).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter