Disney wife gone "crazy".. please critique my plans?

eleda72

Mouseketeer
Hello!
My name is Adèle Marie (46. y.o.) and I am from Norway...
Married to Steinar (50 y.o.) and we have one daughter called Amalie Marie (22 y.o.)
We have been to WDW around 12 times since our first trip in 2001.
The last two trips it has only been me and dd...
So it has been quite a while since DH has been there. (maybe 6 year)

I am currently planning 2 trips.. The first one is in 28 days with me and DH
Well, I will have to tell you a bit about myself so you might be able understand a bit of my struggles.
First...
I have PTSD due to very severe childhood abuse... so there is a lot of "triggers" I don`t always have control over... But I am working very hard in therapy and I am doing a lot better.

I also have ADHD, Epilepsy, Diabetes +++ several other things...
So, yes.. I have "some" challenges.. "LOL" but all in all I am a POSITIVE person.. and my trips to WDW helps A LOT...

So... DH and I am flying down to Orlando, November 3. (We arrive MCO around 7.p.m)
We have booked a package and we are staying at POP, so we are taking Magical Express.

We are staying from November 3 - November 10 (our flight leave from MCO around 8.20 pm)
- Regular Dining plan for the whole week + 7 days park hoppers.
I am going to upgrade my park-hopper to an AP since I will be going back next summer with DD and the choir I conduct.

I have been planning this trip for almost A YEAR.. and I am still driving my self (and my family) crazy because I am still not finished.... (so, I would need some help)

Around 6 weeks ago I injured my leg...gastrocnemius injury "Tennis leg"
For 6 weeks I have been on crutches... and even if I can "walk" with my crutches now I can`t walk very far (Maybe I can walk around 1 hour on "good days")
Hopefully I will NOT be on crutches in 4 weeks, but I am trying to be realistic...
I am thinking I will take my crutches with me and I will rent a wheel chair (just in case)

SOME OF YOU MIGHT HAVE READ THE INFO ON ME BEFORE, but I thought is was okey to mention it again just in case :)

With that in mind I will start to share my plans, and I would really appreciate all the help I could get. (Hopefully my english is okey so you will understand)

**Saturday November 3**
Travel and check into POP at night, eat something there or at AOA food court.

**Sunday November 4**
Get up early and head to AK...
Since I will have to upgrade my tickets I will have to do this first +
I think I will try and get the DAS card (I will only use that if I absolutely have to)
My original plan was to ROPE DROP.. But I will all those people + stress + my leg I don`t think this would be a good idea.

We have reservations at TUSKER HOUSE at 8.25 and we got FP for the Safari 09.50
and Expedition Everest 11. 00 + Na Vi at 12.45

Well, AK is "normally" NOT our favorite park, but I will give it A NEW CHANCE this year.
I have not seen the LION KING show or FINDING NEMO or THE TREE OF LIFE AWAKENING or ROL +++ (Not really seen the park at night, and I LOVE the parks after dark.)

Other things I want to see is; It`s tough to be a bug, AVATAR, FLIGH OF PASSAGE,
NA´Vi (Have FP) Maybe Kali River,
Expedition Everest (have FP+, but I really want to ride this 2 times)
Maybe Dinosaur?

So my first plan AFTER getting my AP + hopefully DAS was go to Flight of passage and maybe try for a FP+ with my DAS, because I know that line would be very crowded and I might have a hard time standing in line for that.

Have BF at Tusker House and ride the ones we have FP+ for.

Okey so my time up to Lunch time is pretty okey.. but from there I am not sure what to do.

I CAN make AK a half day and HOP over to HS
(If I can get a reservation for 50`s Prime Time for dinner

OR... We could take a break and go over to AKL for a couple of hours and then get back to AK
(See AK at night)

**Monday November 5**
I do have FP+ for Toy Story Mania, TOT and Frozen sing a long from 2.20 -5.p.m.
AND we also have a reservation for DINNER at 50`s Prime Time at 6.05

I am really not sure about this day, because we need to get some SHOPPING done while we are in Orlando.
I have been able to modify some of my FP+ and both TOT and Frozen I have for Friday + Slinky dog.

50`s PRIME TIME is A MUST for DH, but I might be able to move that reservation for another day.

Should I keep my reservation for this day and just come in later in the evening AFTER SHOPPING or should I have another plan?

**Tuesday November 6**
Epcot has EMH so we would arrive early this morning...
We don`t have any reservations for BF, but I am thinking of SUNSHINE SEASON

Have FP+ for Nemo with Friends, Frozen and Spaceship earth from 9.35 - 1.25
We did not get FP for Soaring, but if we go straight to that one when the park opens it should be okey.
There is also a lot of other things we would like to do, and see all the countries, F&W etc.
So we have a full day planned here.

We have ADR`s for GARDEN GRILL at 4.45
See ILLUMINATIONS before park closes.

**Wednesday November 7 **
We have BOG reservations at 8.35 a.m. and we also have FP+ for Seven Dwarfs, Peter Pan and Pirates of the Caribbean from 9.45 - 12. 25

I am thinking of spending the day here until around 2. pm and maybe do some resort hopping or other things.

We DO HAVE a reservation for CALIFORNIA GRILL at 5,40 PM, but I am thinking of maybe canceling that one.
DH has NOT SEEN HEA and I think he would LOVE to see this IN THE PARK

So, I need some input to this day and maybe alternatives for California Grill.

**Thursday November 8**
We have reservation for LIBERTY TREE TAVERN at 1.25 p.m.
+ FP+ for Splash Mountain, Big Thunder and Buzz from 2.35 p.m. - 5.10 p,m.

We also have tickets for MVMCP the same night.
Would you think Liberty Tree Tavern is a good choice for Lunch?

**Friday November 9**
I had originally planned a whole day at HS here and I have FP+ for Slinky dog at 1.30
TOT and Frozen ever after.

We also have reservations for MINNIES SEASONAL LUNCH OR DINNER this day, but I am not sure if I should cancel them and try 50`s PRIME TIME instead???

We would like to see all the Christmas things at HS this evening.
Thinking of the Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam Dessert Party. (Any thoughts?)

**Saturday November 10**
I have a real challenge with this one.. because I have ADR`s for the BON VOYAGE BF at 11. 35
BUT I also have FP+ for FOP, Expedition E, and the Safari the same morning.
(First one 9.25)
I really want to have the BF since my choir is working on "The Little Mermaid JR" this year.

Our flight leave from MCO 8.20 p.m.

I see this post is very LONG (SORRY) but I really need some help with my plans.
We do have park hoppers, so we could do some more hopping?

If you would help me I would appreciate that A LOT... And my family too :smile:
Thank you, best from Adèle Marie in Norway

Is FoP the first FP on Nov 10? Since you already rode the Safari and EE on Nov 4, maybe you're willing to sacrifice them on Nov 10 so you can make the breakfast? Ride FoP and then go to the breakfast.

I just suffered a gastro injury this week. Hoping I’ll be good for my vacation in February! Hope you feel better!

Is FoP the first FP on Nov 10? Since you already rode the Safari and EE on Nov 4, maybe you're willing to sacrifice them on Nov 10 so you can make the breakfast? Ride FoP and then go to the breakfast.
Hello, Yes.. FOP is the first FP on November 10 at 9.25 a.m. and if we don`t get to ride FOP earlier in the week, we could sacrifice the rest on Nov 10.
I just hope we would make it from the park and to BF in time :)

I just suffered a gastro injury this week. Hoping I’ll be good for my vacation in February! Hope you feel better!
Thank you! I really thought I would be much better by now... some days I feel much better and then the next day.. not so good.
I was trying to walk around 1. hour and 20 min the other day, and my leg hurt a lot and was swollen when I got home.
Thinking I WILL NEED a Wheelchair just to be "safe" on our trip...
Oh.. I am very sorry to hear about your injury..hopefully you`ll be good for your vacation in February.

First - if you think you may need a scooter, rent one from Apple Scooter for the week - they will deliver to your resort and it will be cheaper. Check disabilities board but to be honest, I would get the scooter - way too much walking involved if you are trying to heal.

Nov 4 - I think you can find plenty to do to stay in AK all day. With the shows and rides you can fill the day. Take a rest break at Nomad lounge for some appetizers and beverage.

Nov 5 - do your shopping in the morning and then go spend rest of day at HS and keep 50s PT

Nov 7 - you could still eat at Cali Grill and then go back for HEA if you want to see in park. If you don't want to do that, try Skipper's Canteen in park

Nov 8 - Yes LTT would be a great lunch.

Nov 9 - Keep H&V since you will do 50sPT earlier

Nov 10 - if you want to keep breakfast, you may need to uber to it if you want to keep FPs or give up the other two FP or move them to after Breakfast

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!