Disney Wish 10/17 - 10/21

TCARON

Mouseketeer
Recently took a 4 night Wish cruise, our 11th DCL. Been on Fantasy, Dream and Magic.

1. Ship is beautiful.
2. stayed in veranda, room 6562., Mid ship.
3. elevators were not an issue, easy to get to, short waits. No button problems.
4. Adult area, plenty of seats, pool is nice but way too small and shallow.
Coffee Cove is good but if raining, you will get wet.
5. They have cut back dramatically on onboard entertainment, ie music.
6. Pub is great.
7. Palo is nice but limited food options for standard upcharge.
8. dining rooms are extremely crowded to the point servers are tripping everywhere.
9. dining room food is not what it used to be and below the price point of
DCL.
Breakfast in 1923 was as bad as it can get. consistently runny eggs,
tasteless fruit, etc.
10. Marceline Market food was good.
11. Quick service food was good. Ribs and tacos were nice change from other ships.
12. New Goofy show is great.

We will not cruise on the Wish again mainly due to the food quality. Preparation was fine but choices were not as high end as other ships. Missing a lot of beef options.

servers have always been part of the experience but on the Wish they were clearly I experienced and concentrated on the delivery. Service was very slow.

The servers told us, like Pete has said, a bad food review reflects directly on them.
unfortunately Disney does not provide a way to provide feed back on the food during the cruise.

Last edited:
I think you are talking about the Cove bar that is outside. I thought that was the Cove Cafe but it wasn’t .Only found the Cafe the last night when I was taking pictures of the empty adult area.

It is actually around the corner where the dead end is.

Good points though.

Attachments

• C8E27189-A8F4-4A08-BA14-2BF4ABFD2355.jpeg
    C8E27189-A8F4-4A08-BA14-2BF4ABFD2355.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 4B4D7D5F-E80F-4837-A4FF-3F4E819F84F1.jpeg
    4B4D7D5F-E80F-4837-A4FF-3F4E819F84F1.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 16
There are actually is another one but can’t remember the floor but it is out where the DVC is , maybe the top of the Grand Hall? Husband thought it was a strange place to want to sit and drink your coffee because it was really busy there.

Oh and the tour person showed us a sword in the railing I wouldn’t have noticed on my own.

We were on the same cruise. We've been on all 5 ships now and will not go back to the Wish for a while. The ship design and cabin design has flaws IMHO.
Largest ship issues: Deck 4 walking / jogging only goes half way and then a steep stairs up to and down from 5th. I agree that the wait staff doesn't have room to do their job because the tables & chairs are too close together. The wait for the Marvel MDR goes right through an elevator lobby, upstairs and around from the halls and is badly organized. The wait for Roy Disney 1923 is mushed together with the wait for photos in the lobby area. The adult only area has minimal chairs in the shade and the dead end by the Cove Cafe seemed bizarre.
Issues with the Cabin: The phone was stuck on the side of a bookshelf cabinet so I had to use my phone flashlight to read the button list; 1/3 of a closet is unusable because of a jutting out that keeps 1/3 of the space from being usable by hangers. Not much usable storage but maybe for 3 or 4 nights OK.

Reactions: NAB

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter