~Disney with Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS)~

PrincessCandaceMarie

DIS Veteran
Hello ~

I just wanted to post this for anyone who has or has a family member with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)....my great-uncle has had the disease for awhile now and went to Disney and didn't have a problem getting around at all. In fact, the CM were so special to him, when he speaks of it today he still gets tears in his eyes from all the kindness he received at WDW.

Thanks, and just wanted to share that with everyone.

Thanks for sharing.
Glad to hear he had a magical time.

You're welcome and thank you for listening, it's so important for people with ALS to know Disney is 'easy access' for them and Disney gives them the opportunity to enjpy the parks.

I have ALS and have been many times- am on a vent and feeding pump and although some of the resort rooms aren't what I need (accessible to some isn't accessible to everyone) I always manage to have a great time. Christmastime is too crowded for me due to what I consider safety issues, but for the above poster- have a great trip! Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!