Disney Withdrawal..Who else experiences this?

Like many others, I spend my time planning the next trip lol Lots of time reading message boards and articles, doing research, reading Disney history, watching tons of videos of rides, shows, fireworks, and parades, pulling out my Disney memory box and going through everything, reading about my favorite rides, and playing those little online ride operation simulators! I've also started researching how to (nearly) flawlessly plan and execute a trip for 20+ people as I've dreampt for a few years about a grand gathering with friends and family in Disney :)

I feel your pain! My family and I like to watch their favorite rides/resort and park walkthroughs on youtube in between trips! The only way to fix it is go again!!!!! Soon!!

I always feel lousy when I know my check day is the next morning

I wait a few months and book a new trip the next week

Last edited:

We have Disney withdrawal daily. The appropriately named "DIS Daily Fix" show helps :-) Like many others, we just constantly plan the next trip!

This is ridiculous, I'm beginning to wonder if I have some sort of mental condition. I'm really beginning to worry about myself......

LOL, exactly how I feel. This forum is great. It's like AA, but substitute Disney for booze. Listening to music helps. I've been listening to Wishes and Promise (exit music after Illuminations) daily. It also helps that we just got back but our next trip is already booked, so I'm counting the days...

I always have grieved leaving and will go through random periods of "I need to be at Disney". It's always been my home since I was 5. What helps is watching Disney Vlogs on YouTube. And sometimes that makes it worse because you want to be there so bad.

Hi, my name is dis_guy and it has been three months since I've had any pixie dust.

Since we started going we have not had a calendar year where we didn't go to WDW at least once.

We love CBR but since it's under major construction for the next year or so and coupled with Star Wars coming in 2019, we have decided to wait until then for our next trip.

I honestly don't know how I'll get through it because I wanna go back right now. At least I got some tickets on my MDE account, so I guess the planning has begun.

Hi, my name is dis_guy and it has been three months since I've had any pixie dust.

Since we started going we have not had a calendar year where we didn't go to WDW at least once.

We love CBR but since it's under major construction for the next year or so and coupled with Star Wars coming in 2019, we have decided to wait until then for our next trip.

I honestly don't know how I'll get through it because I wanna go back right now. At least I got some tickets on my MDE account, so I guess the planning has begun.

I took a 4 year break between trips since I started going to WDW. It wasn't intentional; I was always planning a trip every year but they never panned out. Needless to say, when I went on my last solo in June 2014, I was near tears at the prospect of being "home" again. I skipped last year but I'm planning on going in July this year.

Oh, my fairies am I suffering from Disney Withdrawal!! You spend so much time and energy planning, looking forward to and hoping-then a week (if you're lucky!) living it, then it's...all...over...I just want to go back!! Please take me back!!!! What do you all do to make it better??

What I did last year was buy into DVC and then start planning more trips.

But that is a very expensive coping mechanism...and it does not completely fill the void. :rolleyes1

What I did last year was buy into DVC and then start planning more trips.

But that is a very expensive coping mechanism...and it does not completely fill the void. :rolleyes1

Doesn't help, Bought into DVC 14 plus years ago and the withdrawal still happens.

Doesn't help, Bought into DVC 14 plus years ago and the withdrawal still happens.

True. It's like just getting a stronger version of the drug. Now we just spend even more money with the mouse.

Case in point -- our previous trip before the one prior to DVC was in 2003. We then went in early 2016...and then fall 2016, feb 2017, and we have trips BOOKED for oct 2017, dec 2017 and feb 2018.

it's out of control.

Oh, my fairies am I suffering from Disney Withdrawal!! You spend so much time and energy planning, looking forward to and hoping-then a week (if you're lucky!) living it, then it's...all...over...I just want to go back!! Please take me back!!!! What do you all do to make it better??
I go through the same thing! I love planning for a year and of course I love the time we are there but then when you get home it's.................... :( I saw a message board outside of a nearby church- It said
'Don't be sad it's over, be happy it happened' That really helps me & now we are planning our 2018 trip!! WHOO-HOO!!

We have family video from most of the trips we've taken; my wife has videos as far back as 1991! Looking at those and the pictures we took makes me feel better in between trips. I don't film everything, just a minute here and there is plenty. In the days immediately after the trips, I spend a lot of time editing photos and videos, and backing them all up to various drives. This helps take the edge off of coming home, too.

I came back from DLP 9 days ago - while it's not quite the same as WDW it definitely gave me the post-disney depression. I booked for WDW in 9 months time the day I came back, easily the best remedy! These boards are also keeping me sane too...

I always have grieved leaving and will go through random periods of "I need to be at Disney". It's always been my home since I was 5. What helps is watching Disney Vlogs on YouTube. And sometimes that makes it worse because you want to be there so bad.

It's really similar for me, one day I'll be going along as normal and the next I will have this sudden need to be at Disney World. Whenever I get to go, no matter how longs it's been it's like coming home, and I always get post-Disney blues whenever I get back. I often watch various Disney Vlogs and read articles on what's happening, but find this is often as much of a curse as it is a blessing. Just thinking about it makes me want to go back so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter