Disney Wonder: May 20, 2019 7-Day Alaska Adventure!

One area that I find tricky is finding a room for our family of 5 in Vancouver. Tough! Have any of you booked hotels for pre- and/or post-cruise yet? I'm not clear on when some open for booking.

We booked the Condo Hotel Times Square Suites in Vancouver, since we're staying for a few days before embarkation and we often prefer to cook our own meals when traveling. Found it on booking.com. Great location if you plan on seeing the sights at Stanley Park, a close walk.

We booked the Condo Hotel Times Square Suites in Vancouver, since we're staying for a few days before embarkation and we often prefer to cook our own meals when traveling. Found it on booking.com. Great location if you plan on seeing the sights at Stanley Park, a close walk.
We actually booked Times Square Suites recently, too. Looks like a great place that will give our kids lots of room to spread out. A nice thing since we will be in close quarters on the cruise right after!

Excited. We just booked two of our flights! (Waiting to amass more points so we can book as many as possible free of charge.) It's feeling even more real now. We will be staying a few nights before the cruise in Vancouver and a couple nights after in Victoria. This means a ferry ride to/from Vancouver Island, but I think it looks beautiful there, so we couldn't resist.

Anyone else happily booking flights?

Anyone know of a fish extender group on this sailing to join in on? Cruising with hubby, college daughter and grandma who never got to go to Alaska with my dad. She loves cruising!

Anyone know of a fish extender group on this sailing to join in on? Cruising with hubby, college daughter and grandma who never got to go to Alaska with my dad. She loves cruising!

I don't think anyone has organized one on here. On another popular social media outlet(that I am not permitted to mention) there is a page that has several fish extender groups going. If you are a member search for the group called, Disney Wonder May 20, 2019 and you will be able to find a fish extender group to join.

Flights finally booked! :dancer:I managed to score a pretty good Black Friday deal on our return flights paying cash and just now managed to find 4 seats for our outbound using miles (there were only 4 seats left that were bookable with miles, so I was anxiously refreshing while waiting for my miles to transfer from my linked rewards card account. We're getting in after midnight but it's a nonstop flight with 2 kids instead of making connections so I don't care.) Now to see if I can add another night to our hotel...

Flights finally booked! :dancer:I managed to score a pretty good Black Friday deal on our return flights paying cash and just now managed to find 4 seats for our outbound using miles (there were only 4 seats left that were bookable with miles, so I was anxiously refreshing while waiting for my miles to transfer from my linked rewards card account. We're getting in after midnight but it's a nonstop flight with 2 kids instead of making connections so I don't care.) Now to see if I can add another night to our hotel...

That's awesome! We are flying into Seattle using Southwest points, they don't fly to Vancouver. We are taking the Amtrak Cascades from Seattle to Vancouver. We have a trip to DL planned after the cruise and we have our flight home from LAX booked, also with SW points. We are waiting for fares to come down to book our flights post cruise to DL. If they come down enough we should be able to book that flight with points as well, although if flights out of Vancouver drop enough I may jump on those instead.

That's awesome! We are flying into Seattle using Southwest points, they don't fly to Vancouver. We are taking the Amtrak Cascades from Seattle to Vancouver. We have a trip to DL planned after the cruise and we have our flight home from LAX booked, also with SW points. We are waiting for fares to come down to book our flights post cruise to DL. If they come down enough we should be able to book that flight with points as well, although if flights out of Vancouver drop enough I may jump on those instead.

Yes, I was considering flying to Seattle on Jetblue using points for our outbound, as I've never been to Seattle and would love to check it out, plus we like Jetblue. But with the two littles and all our bags I just worried it would be too much of a hassle, plus I don't know how my motion-sickness prone littlest one might do on the train if it rocks. I was hoping to book both our flights using points but like you we're kind of doing a triangle to get back to our home, and there was no way to do it with points that wouldn't add an unnecessary extra stop, at least using United/Air Canada points, so I was happy to find the reasonable cash deal. That's so awesome that you're going to DL after the cruise! That would be too much Mouse for my Disney-averse DH who is barely putting up with this trip as it is. I'm hoping the grandeur of Alaska and the high level of service on the ship makes up for too many cartoon characters running around everywhere!

Anyone else wanna join me in the paid in full dance? :dancer::banana:party::dogdance: I mean, it is a bit of an ouch on the ol' credit card just before Xmas but what can you do.

Awesome! I had been slowly making payments up until a few weeks ago when I made a fairly large payment. I use gift cards from our local gas station to pay for all things Disney. That way I can get 5% cash back on our Mastercard and for every $50 we spend on gift cards we get an additional 6% back towards free gas. Except when they run their double fuel perks promotion, then we get an extra 12% back towards free gas. They ran that promotion a few weeks ago, which is why I made that large payment. I'll make our last payment shortly after New Year's.

Need your help - I feel like I’m missing something. Excursions are booked, DS has no interest in princesses, we’re not doing Palo or beverage tastings this trip, no spa bookings. Other than the character breakfast, anything I need to consider booking when activities open? I had a list of a dozen things for our last cruise and I can’t come up with much at all for this one.

Need your help - I feel like I’m missing something. Excursions are booked, DS has no interest in princesses, we’re not doing Palo or beverage tastings this trip, no spa bookings. Other than the character breakfast, anything I need to consider booking when activities open? I had a list of a dozen things for our last cruise and I can’t come up with much at all for this one.

I think you have everything covered.

How are everyone's plans coming? We paid off our cruise a couple weeks ago. We also booked our flight to DL on Friday. There was a pretty good rate on a non-stop flight out of YVR that we decided to jump on. Our flight is at 4:15PM, so we are deciding if we want to do a city tour post-cruise. We are Gold CC Members so we are just waiting for Feb. 4th so we can book a character breakfast and princess gatherings. We may also book a Palo Brunch but haven't decided for sure.

My wife & I just booked our trip last night. This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise but the first time to Alaska for both of us. We're really excited.

We'll be flying into Vancouver the night before the cruise and staying at the Marriott Pinnacle which is less than 1/2 mile from the port. This way, we'll be there, rested, and ready to go the next day.

My wife is really looking forward to the excursions where we'll hopefully be able to see some whales. She's a very good photographer, so we're hoping for some good pictures.

On previous cruises, we've done the Fish Extenders, Pirate Night, and Formal Night. For this cruise, we're doing none of those. While those activities were enjoyable, they were also a little stressful and tiring. For this cruise, we're scaling back a LOT. We want to simply relax and enjoy the ship.

My wife & I just booked our trip last night. This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise but the first time to Alaska for both of us. We're really excited.

We'll be flying into Vancouver the night before the cruise and staying at the Marriott Pinnacle which is less than 1/2 mile from the port. This way, we'll be there, rested, and ready to go the next day.

My wife is really looking forward to the excursions where we'll hopefully be able to see some whales. She's a very good photographer, so we're hoping for some good pictures.

On previous cruises, we've done the Fish Extenders, Pirate Night, and Formal Night. For this cruise, we're doing none of those. While those activities were enjoyable, they were also a little stressful and tiring. For this cruise, we're scaling back a LOT. We want to simply relax and enjoy the ship.
Welcome! I came to the same conclusion about FE. It's our very first cruise and I feel like since everything will be new we'll have enough to see/do without adding more complications to the trip.

We will have about half a day in San Diego the day defore embarkation. Does anyone have suggestions of what to do or where to eat in SD?

Welcome aboard Kennywood! I take it you are from Pittsburgh. We live just past Harmarville if you are familiar with that area.

Welcome aboard Kennywood! I take it you are from Pittsburgh. We live just past Harmarville if you are familiar with that area.
I'm originally from Pittsburgh but now live near Chicago, due to work. Pittsburgh, though, is still my hometown.

As much as I enjoy Disney parks and cruises, Kennywood is my "happiest place on earth."

We will have about half a day in San Diego the day defore embarkation. Does anyone have suggestions of what to do or where to eat in SD?

Per the Disney Cruise site:

The world-famous San Diego Zoo is a can't-miss experience! San Diego Zoo Safari Park, the zoo's sister attraction, presents a unique opportunity to view more than 3,500 exotic animals in a sprawling 1,800-acre facility. Many animals are free to roam in vast open habitats.

History buffs should venture into Old Town San Diego, which is brimming with historic buildings, shops and restaurants. In 1769, the area became the first permanent Spanish settlement in what later became the state of California. This area is regarded as the "birthplace" of modern California.

San Diego's historic Gaslamp Quarter offers 16 blocks of Victorian-era buildings containing modern restaurants, boutiques and nightclubs. Nearby, Balboa Park is home to over a dozen museums, plus theaters and gardens—all in a lushly landscaped Spanish Colonial setting.

Also, there are 52 port adventures for the Pacific coast (I"m not sure which ones are specific to San Diego): https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/port-adventures/pacific-coast/list/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!