Disney Wonder Re-imagined March 4, 2018

My wife and I have just book our 2nd cruise with our 2 year 1st time and as well as my mom and sister 1st time. we are going to surprise them in December telling them we are going to Disney World but then change it to Disney Cruise the day we get on the Bus to take us to the Boat. i can tell there is not much that has been posted yet. but cant wait to meet up and also see if we can start a FISH for the trip. we did it last time and it was fun running around the boat.

My family is also going on this cruise. It will be myself, dh, and our 9yr old dd. It will be our 4th Disney cruise. We did an Alaska cruise on the Wonder several yrs ago. I'm excited to sail on her again and to see her updates, especially looking forward to eating at Tiana's.

First time sailing with Disney. We are going for my dad's 70th birthday. Can't wait!

you are going to love it. my wife and i did our 1st cruise in 2014 and we loved it. now we are going to take my mother and sister for our next one. it will be their 1st tiem as well. if you have any question on the ship or anything, everyone here is happy to help you out. also when you book, did you let them know it was your fathers 70's B-day? they will add a little something for your dad.

you are going to love it. my wife and i did our 1st cruise in 2014 and we loved it. now we are going to take my mother and sister for our next one. it will be their 1st tiem as well. if you have any question on the ship or anything, everyone here is happy to help you out. also when you book, did you let them know it was your fathers 70's B-day? they will add a little something for your dad.
I booked through my cousin and I think she told them. I do have a question about Pirate Night. Is it standard on this ship as well? Is everyone encouraged to bring costumes? I am excited about that. I will probably have more questions. I wanted to join this group to meet more people before we sail. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions! I'm sure I'll have more!

I booked through my cousin and I think she told them. I do have a question about Pirate Night. Is it standard on this ship as well? Is everyone encouraged to bring costumes? I am excited about that. I will probably have more questions. I wanted to join this group to meet more people before we sail. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions! I'm sure I'll have more!

All Disney ships will have a pirate night. It's is the only time all dinning place have same menu on the ship. It is not a must but encourage to dress up. you will need to bring your own. My wife and I did dress up as well as a lot of other people. also that i know, Disney is the only ship that does Fireworks on the ship.

also if you stay tune we should be getting a FISH or FE group (not 100% sure the name) going for the cruise... Im still new with Fish groups and how they work, i can only give you an idea what we have done. i tried to look for a form with what a FISH is but could not find it at this time. (will post once i find it) what this is, if you wish to join. is where we put our cabin # last name and # of people with age. example:

Pastor Family
Cabine # 6739
3 people
Mom
Dad
Lilianna (3 years old) anything disney princess

you can put what the little one like if you wish. what will happen is that the people on the list will run around the ship during the cruise dates March 4-11 and give little gifts for the family or individual people (dad and mom = little shots of tequila, Lilianna = Princess bracelet). and when the family gets back from there day out on shore or day from the ship to rest, there is a gift for them. its a nice little surprise when you come back to your room.

Not all cruises have pirate night, Alaskan cruises aren't allowed. This cruise will though because it's a Caribbean cruise and all Caribbean ones have fireworks. The Fish is the message holder that is outside of each cabin. If Disney needs to leave you a message, they will leave it on the fish. We had this happen on our last cruise when a port excursion was cancelled the following day. The dream class ships have fish on portside and seahorses on the starboard side. People also use the fish to hang their fish extenders for the FEs. You can go to etsy to see all kinds of fish extenders and gifts to put in them for sell. You certainly don't need to buy anything from etsy, but it's great for looking at to get ideas.

Last edited:
Not all cruises have pirate night, Alaskan cruises aren't allowed. This cruise will though because it's a Caribbean cruise and all Caribbean ones have fireworks. The Fish is the message holder that is outside of each cabin. If Disney needs to leave you a message, they will leave it on the fish. We had this happen on our last cruise when a port excursion was cancelled the following day. The dream class ships have fish on portside and seahorses on the starboard side. People also use the fish to hang their fish extenders for the FEs. You can go to etsy to see all kinds of fish extenders and gifts to put in them for sell. You certainly don't need to buy anything from etsy, but it's great for looking at to get ideas.

thanks lklgoodman for the info, i did not know about Alaskan Cruise or that only the Caribbean only have Fireworks. i have only been on 1 other cruise for Diseny and it was also a Varibbean Cruise.

I didn't know that there wasn't a pirate night on Alaskan cruises until we went on one. The Alaskan cruises do a Frozen night in place of the pirate night, unfortunately for my family they started the Frozen night the year after we went on our cruise.

Has anyone on here been to either San Juan or St. Maarten? We went to St. Maarten on our first cruise, but that was in 2001 and did a tour of the island. I'm wondering about the different beaches, we didn't go to any on our previous trip. I know there's still a long time until the cruise, but I'm already looking at the different port excursions.

Last edited:
I didn't know that there wasn't a pirate night on Alaskan cruises until we went on one. The Alaskan cruises do a Frozen night in place of the pirate night, unfortunately for my family they started the Frozen night the year after we went on our cruise.

Has anyone on here been to either San Juan or St. Maarten? We went to St. Maarten on our first cruise, but that was in 2001 and did a tour of the island. I'm wondering about the different beaches, we didn't go to any on our previous trip. I know there's still a long time until the cruise, but I'm already looking at the different port excursions.

i have never been to San Juan or St, Maarten. this will be my family 1st time going. we are also looking at the excursions that are available. its never to soon to look at what excursions that are available. I will be traveling with a my daughter that is 2 years old, my mother and sister along side with my wife. so we are trying to figure out a family fun excursion we can all do. but also want to see if Grandma will take the little one for the day why we do an adult only one.

Second time cruiser here, first time on the Wonder!!! Looking so forward to this trip. Has anyone started a Facebook page for the cruise. Last trip that is what we did and it was so much easier to get to know everyone who was sailing?

Second time cruiser here, first time on the Wonder!!! Looking so forward to this trip. Has anyone started a Facebook page for the cruise. Last trip that is what we did and it was so much easier to get to know everyone who was sailing?

i have been on 1 other Disney Cruise in 2014. that i know this is what the channel/page is for. its like the FB page but on the Disbaord. i am not sure if there will be a FB for the trip since this page is designed for that perpuse.

Have you hit your 10 posts yet?

Hi all! I just booked our spring break cruise. This will be our second Disney Cruise and my 4th cruise. My DH & I did a cruise for our honeymoon, and it stopped at St. Maarten, but I was so sick by that time (I got a bad ear infection) that I don't remember it. I think we just went to the beach and rented an umbrella, because I had a pretty high fever.

I'm looking forward to this. Anyone else planning to do the Castaway Cay 5K?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts