Disney World 2018 Merchandise

mkjj123

Earning My Ears
Curious to hear if anyone else is frustrated that Disney allows non-runners to purchase as much of the marathon-weekend merchandise as they want only to be sold on Ebay for a huge markup. Don't get me wrong. I'm all for capitalism. However runners are paying hundreds of dollars in some cases just to run, plus airfare, hotels, food, etc. Not to mention putting in many hours and miles of blood, sweat, and tears to get there and to the finish. To go to the expo and find that most of the decent merchandise is sold out, and hear that Disney let's people come in and buy large quantities to sell for profit on Ebay is extremely disappointing. Let them in after the expo is over so they can sell what's left, but let runners have the opportunity to buy first.

I spoke with the manager about this and he said that Dopey runners come in the first day. Sure, if they can fly in and get there on time. He had nothing of value to say in response.

If you agree, let's boycott these Ebay'ers and not purchase their products. if they don't sell soon they will drop the prices to list or lower just to get rid of the stuff.

Agree? Disagree?

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to your opinions.

Yes it’s frustrating but it’s nothing new. They’ve been doing it this way forever.

The big argument I’ve seen against the “let the runners in first” idea is that those eBayers so desperate to be the first ones to get to the merch will buy race bibs to get early access to the expo...

It’s frustrating but I’m just not sure there’s a good solution. I wish they’d have more pre-order options that we could see ahead of time myself. :confused3

The big argument I’ve seen against the “let the runners in first” idea is that those eBayers so desperate to be the first ones to get to the merch will buy race bibs to get early access to the expo...

It’s frustrating but I’m just not sure there’s a good solution. I wish they’d have more pre-order options that we could see ahead of time myself. :confused3
I agree about the pre order stuff.

I didn’t even think about ebayers buying bibs but you’re so right they would do that.

Agreed. It's frustrating but there is nothing to prevent those people from buying bibs just to get in to the merch. It would be nice if they placed limits on how many of each item you can buy. I don't think it's as bad as it used to be but I know people we're trying to buy like a whole box of wineglasses at Princess one year.

Agreed. It's frustrating but there is nothing to prevent those people from buying bibs just to get in to the merch. It would be nice if they placed limits on how many of each item you can buy. I don't think it's as bad as it used to be but I know people we're trying to buy like a whole box of wineglasses at Princess one year.
I also think runDisney seems to be better about restocking these items, at least earlier in the weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter