Disney World DAS with Sign in

cmwade77

DIS Veteran
Ok, we are going with a Disneyland cast member friend in January and they will be signing us into the parks. We haven't been back to Disney World since before they started attaching the DAS to tickets.

Now, the CM gets physical passes, which can't be linked to our magic bands, so, my question is how is this handled? Do we have to go in and renew the DAS every day and have it associated with the passes? I really hope not as that would be a bit of a pain. Anyone have experiences with this? I believe this works differently if the CM works at Disney World, but not sure.

I went with a friend that got in on her sister pass we just went the first day and I got my DAS and she was added the next day we did notherthing at all, the last day her sister had to go to the park to let her sister in with her blue ID this day we did have to go back to GR to get my friend another plastic ticket since she did not have a ticket for that day and they added her on to my DAS this way.

hope this helps

It sounds like those might have been comp tickets? I am just confused, I know our friend will have their main gate pass and plastic guest passes, but since the guest passes aren't attached to anyone in particular until they are scanned in each day, I am not sure what the DAS gets attached to or does it get attached to the Magic Bands and tickets have nothing to do with it?

The first two days were comp tickets the last day the CM used her blue ID to get her sister in so GR gave my friend a park ticket ( just like they would give someone under the age of three a plastic ticket if the DAS was on the child name) I am pretty sure the GR CM said this would work if we entered the park on another day using my friend sister blue ID but this was our last park day

I see, well, Disneyland's works a little differently, they give them a main gate pass and three permanent plastic guest passes, the CM then has to be the first one to enter before any of the three guest passes can be used, but the guest passes can be used by anyone, so not sure how that works. Maybe they just assign the DAS to one of the guest passes and we need to make sure to always use the same pass?

I see, well, Disneyland's works a little differently, they give them a main gate pass and three permanent plastic guest passes, the CM then has to be the first one to enter before any of the three guest passes can be used, but the guest passes can be used by anyone, so not sure how that works. Maybe they just assign the DAS to one of the guest passes and we need to make sure to always use the same pass?
I would guess this is how it works sorry I missed this was at Disneyland

No, it is at Disney World, but the cast member is a Disneyland cast member and they handle their Disney World sign instead complete differently and so we are confused on the process.

It’s been 3 years since I’ve gone to the World, but my was a cast member, and yes, we had to get a new DAS daily using his tickets and passes. The upside to that is you get the first wait time daily without having to walk to it.

Well, I certainly hope they have fixed that, that would be a pain to have to do and explain the needs every day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter