Disney World Honeymoon

jackieleanne

DIS Veteran
Hi All.

Me and my fiance are getting married here in England next April 24th. We are booked in for our Disney World honeymoon arriving on the 26th for 13 nights. We have 5 nights booked in at Port Orleans French Quarter. An then as a new DVC resale member will book 8 nights over at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in a studio, Savannah view (once we get our welcome letter in a few weeks).

My questions are:
1. Should I keep the Animal Kingdom Lodge or if possible to get the boardwalk at our 7 months window book there? If at the Boardwalk it's likely to be a 1 bedroom rather than studio. (I don't mind using 2 years of points for this as I will have 2019 and 2020 points available). We have stayed Animal Kingdom Lodge Savannah view before and also at the Poly.

2. Over the course of the honeymoon what do people recommend doing that can make our trip different than our usual Disney trips. We will have the Dining Plan for our stay, also we did the Key to the Kingdom tour this year so if doing a tour what other option would you go for?

Thanks in advance.

It can be fun to try new resorts, so if you're able to get BoardWalk that might be nice.

I have two podcast episodes FULL of Walt Disney World honeymoon activity ideas:

How To Plan A Walt Disney World Honeymoon: Part 1
How To Plan A Walt Disney World Honeymoon: Part 2

Thank you, ill have a listen and also see what's available at 7 months. Although we love Animal Kingdom Lodge I think staying in the Boardwalk area for the honeymoon will be a lovely option too with the availability to look around the area as well as being walking distance to the two parks.

We had our Honeymoon last September and stayed Savannah View in the Jambo House for 11 nights. We loved it! The resort is beautiful and peaceful. It was our 1st choice as it was something new for us.

I don't think you can go wrong with either BWV or AKL. If you want to try something new go for BWV. I love the location and that you can walk to both Epcot and HS. I also like that you can enjoy restaurants at nearby YC, BC, Swan and Dolphin. The Boardwalk also offers a bit more entertainment and evening activities than AKL does.

I'm not very familiar with DVC ownership - could you book AKL as a back up at your 11 months and then try and change to BWVs at the 7 month mark?

We had our Honeymoon last September and stayed Savannah View in the Jambo House for 11 nights. We loved it! The resort is beautiful and peaceful. It was our 1st choice as it was something new for us.

I don't think you can go wrong with either BWV or AKL. If you want to try something new go for BWV. I love the location and that you can walk to both Epcot and HS. I also like that you can enjoy restaurants at nearby YC, BC, Swan and Dolphin. The Boardwalk also offers a bit more entertainment and evening activities than AKL does.

I'm not very familiar with DVC ownership - could you book AKL as a back up at your 11 months and then try and change to BWVs at the 7 month mark?

Hi

Yes that's what ill be doing, I've just got my membership details and are awaiting my points. I will be booking Animal Kingdom no matter as soon as I have these points and then I may see if Boardwalk is still available at the 7 month window.

We do adore Animal Kingdom Lodge so I would certainly be over the moon staying there.

Thanks

As a DVC owner I would tell you book your home resort to make sure you HAVE the dates you want. Then at the 7 month mark you can actual book and switch. This way you can have the dates you want and then move the the resort you want if it's available.

I'm not a fan of the Boardwalk but it is closer to the parks. If you will go to Epcot and DHS often, you might want to switch. But, I really like AKL more.

AKL was nice because it felt away from the hussle of the parks. The only issue I experienced was not due to the resort, but had I known how far down I would have to walk 5 months after foot/ankle surgery I think I would have booked copper creek that year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!