Disney World may discontinue resort's Monorail system? False report

I can't see the gondolas moving faster than the monorail or is that obvious? Lol
Routing and wait time factor into it.
A monorail car moves quicker than a gondola in every case. However, that isn't the only factor in getting from point A to B.

The express line from the TTC to MK wastes a lot of time on it's loop. A dedicated gondola line from the TTC to the MK would be more direct, and carry passengers both directions simultaneously while constantly loading passengers. That is probably the case study that makes the most sense.
Creating any sort of loop for the current monorail resorts makes less sense, you would likely have to make 2 separate lines to make it work. If you can integrate one with TTC then it makes a little more sense.
gondola replacement.png

Basically, 1 line is the red. Second line is Blue, goes TTC, WL and offloads at MK, and skips CR. I DON'T think the green line would make sense in a practical way, but I can understand a desire to put that in for some. I can also see the desire to add CR to the transport, but I don't think it makes sense to get to the MK, but maybe to get to the TTC. I think the MK station could still serve it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter